We Are (now Only A Bit Of) A Joke

purestate

Our so called "quality" deal with Canterbury.

Our desperate sale of any of our half decent players.

Our loss to a part-time side (not just a friendly but in a European competition and therefore reported across Europe)

Our official announcement of first signing and (likely) imminent retraction. SORTED NOW

We must be the laughing stock of Scottish, if not British, football right now.

Who reckons Jim Gannon might just decide to buy himself out of his contract?

Maybe if we are lucky we could get Paul Hegarty back to oversee our descent to the first division?

Our so called "quality" deal with Canterbury.

Our desperate sale of any of our half decent players.

Our loss to a part-time side (not just a friendly but in a European competition and therefore reported across Europe)

Our official announcement of first signing and (likely) imminent retraction.

We must be the laughing stock of Scottish, if not British, football right now.

Who reckons Jim Gannon might just decide to buy himself out of his contract?

Maybe if we are lucky we could get Paul Hegarty back to oversee our descent to the first division?

You should do what the OF are trying, get yersell a transfer to the Welsh league. :wallbash:

No, better to make it the Irish league, Welsh is obviously a bit to difficult. :P

i'm not sure any league would have us at the moment.

There is a serious point I'm trying to make.

A week is a long time in football etc but if we don't beat Llanelli next week then i seriously doubt our manager will succeed in attracting anyone halfway decent to our club.

it won't just be a one off defeat - it will be the catalogue of farce that I listed.

It is a poor situation for sure, but we at least have a chance to rectify it next week. If it doesn't go to plan then the recriminations can start.

if you can't have a vent in a message board dedicated to your club where can you?

I read all the topics, I've been in the shop to see the kits myself, I was at the game.

Just let me have my bout of depression and doubt and I'll be okay.

Guest 'Flow
Our official announcement of first signing and (likely) imminent retraction.

As I've said in the other thread, there will be no retraction... The Evening Times have reported what Jim Gannon said last night wrongly.

He has already signed a contract with Motherwell and the 'hitch' last night was that he couldn't get clerance... That's all!

'Flow

As I've said in the other thread, there will be no retraction... The Evening Times have reported what Jim Gannon said last night wrongly.

He has already signed a contract with Motherwell and the 'hitch' last night was that he couldn't get clerance... That's all!

'Flow

Thanks Flow and we should all know better as the papers are always full of sh!te

I've got the new shirt and don't think it's poor quality in the slightest.

The guys have explained to get away from a stitched in band to get a hoop back that could accomodate a transfer on number on the back - it had to be printed.

It was designed completely in house.

Loads of folk had it on last night and dont see them on here complaining about it. That being said if there's a problem with an individual shirt it should be (and guess would be replaced)

I've heard that the players think that their base layer version is the dogs.

I guess there will always be individual quality issues and I know SCDave has confirmed problems with the logo but actually I mean the fact that the shirt and shorts are not the same colour and the design just doesn't look right from top to bottom.

you can argue it doesn't matter in the slightest from a playing perspective but my point is it looks unprofessional and in this topic was just another niggling aspect which adds up to a less than positive image/message that MFC are sending out to any new potential recruits.

Dave, or one of the other guys from the shop could probably explain it better, but the shorts and top had to be made from different material to allow the hoop - which resulted in the colours being slightly different.

I honestly can't see a potential signing turning us down because the tops and shorts are slightly different in colour though ;)

Hi, my name's Jim Gannon, wanna come play for ma team?

Naw, your shorts urny the same colour as your top.

;)

There is a slight colour difference between the shorts and socks, but could you actually notice it last night? I couldn't see anything tbh. Plus you also need to consider that the top and shorts will be made of different materials, plus there may be other technical aspects which mean they are different colour.

So naw, we're not a joke cus our strip varies slightly in colour.

never said it was the only factor and i agree wouldn't in itself stop someone coming to play for us.

more importantly will be the fact that european football is on shaky ground and the associated prize money which could have funded a players wages might not be forthcoming.

and without beating it to death about the kit -

yes i did notice the difference in colour and i wasn't the only one - a number of people around me commented on it.

plus if you knew there would be problems reproducing the colour why design the kit like that. why not white or claret shorts?

Did anyone notice Fraser. In pink, definately LOL

HOWEVER, i think he is injured as he never once punted the ball in the game, kept giving the ball to hammil who passed to Reynolds to Craigan, back and forth. We wasted as much time doing that as there FAT keeper did for them.

Dont understand how Sutton played the full 90 as he was MINCE, DLS should have came on for him. HJave a bit of pace up front.

To be honest what we have sacrificed for the sake of a hoop is fucking shocking...

I for one could have cared less if there was a hoop on this years strip.

Strip feels paper thin compaired to the bukta kit last year and i thought quality wise last years kit was pish......Just goes to show that things don't always get better! :blush: