Realistic Scores For Away Legg < See What I Did There?

jonnymfc

I think we won't play much better but I see the youngsters like Forbes, Slane and McHugh (and maybe even McGarry, Fizzy etc. if they play) shooting on sight and I think we'll win at a relatively easy pace. Lets face it, playing 4-2-3-1 and trying to cross the ball into Sutton and eh... no one... doesn't work. Shoot on sight.

Lets face it all they did (when not time wasting - how long was the ball actually "in play for" last night?) was scare the shit out of us fans with every throw and scored from a corner which to be honest, I doubt in the end when we think about it is not really surprising!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was like a friendly. We will not lose to them again and I doubt they will score again. That said will we score? Our old achilles heel of cross balls beat us again. Not nearly good enough. Oh and was that a caravan that Jamie Murphy was towing or was he just really slow. What about the startled wee rabbit in the first couple of minutes. He has to up his game big time or maybe he is one of the ones the gaffer thinks isnae good enough.

0-0

Well on the prediction thread I said we would lose by a goal. I could see it coming which is why I am not in the least bit upset. I trust Jim G and know he will turn this round.

Basically we can write off europe this year but I think if anyone was being honest with the losses we had we all knew this anyway.

We will go through and we will go through comfortably. 4-1 on aggregate.

Last night was like a friendly. We will not lose to them again and I doubt they will score again. That said will we score? Our old achilles heel of cross balls beat us again. Not nearly good enough. Oh and was that a caravan that Jamie Murphy was towing or was he just really slow. What about the startled wee rabbit in the first couple of minutes. He has to up his game big time or maybe he is one of the ones the gaffer thinks isnae good enough.

0-0

What is more believable - a part time welsh team can score with their only attempt on goal or an SPL team will not score with 90% possession and 80% territory. As much as we were poor in chances created and creativity - Llanelli pulled the rabbit out of the bag. It was the most one sided game I have ever seen Motherwell play - which makes it all the more incredible we lost. But the gulf in class is there and will still be there next week.

I suspect Llanelli may play a little better, but crucially we know and JG now knows who has got what and will hopefully set up the side to create more chances. If it happens again then fine but I cannot believe we will dominate a game like that again and not score. IMHO.

At least this way - to quote our esteemed owner - there will be a frisson of excitement and trepidation which means it will be a worthwile journey and all the more enjoyable if we get through the tie.

They'll be a 'frisson' in ma pants if we nail this Welsh mob 2 - 0

Come on Motherwell!! Keep the Albanian dream alive!

Personally i beleive if we CHANGE the team to include DLS and Fizzy we should score 3, however ive had many a squeeky bum while watching the mighty WELL and i do think they will get a goal.

I don't think the team we have at the moment is capable of scoring three goals.

I've already highlighted our pathetic scoring record in another thread.

If we can score two goals, win or win on away goals then - hallelujah.

On the Llanelli website most predictions are for them to win 3-0, indicating Murderwell couldn't score in a barrell? :P

No idea where they get that idea from, I mean, qualifying for Europe must mean you are a good side? Fair play to them. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

You must be getting REALLY bored now :lol:

The players all have mates at other clubs, and every single one of them will have been getting the pish ripped out them the same as we have been. Fair enough it shouldn't take that to get a performance out of them, but I reckon we'll see a very different approach on Thursday.

We know how they are gonna play, sit back,pack defence and make us break them down while looking for any throw in inside our half, the question is, Can we break them down? on evidence of thurs, Im not too confident. I would play the same back 4 with Saunders + Hammell backing up the wingers to give a different angle of cross ball, Forbes to sit in mid as he will have ages of time to pick his passes. O`Brian and Darren Smith on wings with specific instructions to get "chalk on their boots" and stretch their defence as much as poss, Slane + Murphy inside with free roles to run with the ball at their feet creating chances,shots + free kicks, and Sutton in the middle to try get on the end of any set pieces,crosses etc, basically 4-1-4-1 which will spend 80% of the game as 2-3-5.

Pretty sure they will score as we seem completely unable to deal with any kind of set piece be it soft floaty corners or 300 yard long throws :whistling:

Score? the heart says 3-0, head says 2-1

I am a bit, in all seriousness, good luck, it really would be embarrassing if you went out to a Welsh pub team, wouldn't it? :whistling:
Yes. However, we aren't playing a Welsh pub team and we aren't out. Apart from that, good point.

Had sold 1500 plus tickets by last midweek. I don't doubt there will be more going now given the tie is still in the balance.

That's more than good, considering. Suppose the holiday period helps, make it more than just the match.

Hope you can get an early goal, that could set their nerves into overdrive. Got to remember, they will be shi**ing themselves, a bigger deal for them than you boys.

All the best, seriously, not good for Scottish football if you go out at this stage. :lol: