Was Last Night 'well's Worst Ever Result ?

trafficlight

A few weeks ago I started a thread in which I asked for recollections of the best and worst Motherwell performances you experienced Steelmen and Steelburds had seen. In a similar vein, where does last night's defeat rank on the list of worst defeats ? Have 'Well ever lost a competitive match against such lowly opposition - no offence to Llanelli meant.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an absolutely pointless thread. As if we need ANOTHER thread full of negativity.

Its not pointless and its no been negative saying that it is our worst ever result it is the truth. If there wasn't a negative performance on the pitch last night we wouldn't have negative threads and I am Mr Positive.

What an absolutely pointless thread. As if we need ANOTHER thread full of negativity.

Apologies, not looking to be negative, the analysis is there on the match thread and doesn't need going over again. Just looking for historical perspective from you guys with much greater knowledge of results than myself.

I'd say it was. As much as ALL the mitigating circumstances are extremely relevant, the history books will state a part-time Welsh team beat a professional top flight Scottish team, at home, in a Europa League Qualifier.

The 1-0 defeat to Inverness in the Scottish Cup Quarter Finals a few years back for me. Such high hopes of going to Hampden then that happened. I'd never felt so depressed after a defeat.

Last night was a shambolical result but taking into consideration the timing of the game and the squad available it is not as bad as it looks. Roll on next Thursday :lol:

traffic, i think you can see by the responses that we fairly reguarly get beat by smaller teams!! I recall the ICT, forfar, ayr, Mypa, HB games and yes last night was bad.

IMO last night wasn't the worst, altho some players do need to take a look at themselves. last night was a chance to show their worth.

it wont change, we are motherwell and unfortunately it'll happen again. i always look forward to playing smaller teams in the cup for a variety of reasons, but at the same time i dread them as i know a shock result is always possible.

Was Fergie the boss up there then, mate? To be fair, they were some team.
That wasn't the problem. We were struggling and just brought in a new gaffer. To shake things up, he said the entire first team was up for sale and dropped them all. The team that lost was basically the reserves.