Official Llanelli Thread - Away Leg

happyslappy

Can see Gannon playing the same side actually with the same formation( has limited options). Fear though that we need a bit more creativity in midfield to break through the massed ranks of our opposition. Need to pass the ball quicker as well and get it to sutton and develop the play with folk running past him. Lets see what we can do with a full weeks trainig under our belts under gannon and see if the players have adapted to his system. Think with his comments that a lot of the players will be up for the job.

2-0 to the well with sutoon and slane getting on the score sheet.

Mon the well

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kosiorowski

Saunders Hutchinson Craigan Reynolds

O'Brien Fitzpatrick Slane

Smith McHugh Murphy

Subs:

Fraser

Hammell

Sutton

Murphy

Lasley

Page

McGarry

Go for it with 4-3-3. Use pace, keep the ball on the deck and get a few early goals.

Thats a shout !

Kosiorowski

Saunders Hutchinson Craigan Reynolds

O'Brien Fitzpatrick Slane

Smith McHugh Murphy

Subs:

Fraser

Hammell

Sutton

Murphy

Lasley

Page

McGarry

Go for it with 4-3-3. Use pace, keep the ball on the deck and get a few early goals.

As i've sed on other threads I don't really rate Fitzy but we need to have somebody with a bit of bite in the midfield against that fat ride Mumford and he can certainly provide that battling quality. Abit of pace with Smith and O'Brien down the wings should provide at least 7 or 8 good opportunities.

Here's my team.

Fraser

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Smith Lasley Fitzpatrick O'Brien

Murphy Sutton

Subs

Meldrum, Page, Hutchinson, McGarry, Forbes, McHugh, Slane.

Surely Fitzpatrick and Smith have to come in? Slane did enough for a starting position also.

And Page should start over Saunders because that boy, and I've seen him a few times now, is never a player (unless he's keeping his talent well hidden!)

Fraser

Page

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Murphy

Lasley

Fitzpatrick

Smith

Slane

Sutton

Hmm and drop Fraser. Why?

Never ever impressed me at Caley and seems like a bombscare. The Polish boy has a bit of height and can maybe come for crosses(even if its a punch). Fraser seemed to be chained to his line. We have to view this as a opportunity to give everyone a fair crack at the whip.

Wild Cards have to be registered day before first leg clash.

My team, after a lot of thought would be similar to last week, going really attacking

Fraser

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Forbes Fitzpatrick

Smith Slane (wingers)

O Brien ("in the hole")

Sutton

The pace of Smith and Slane and their trickery could cause them a lot of bother, it was evident that they did not like direct running, with Fitzpatrick fit, hopefully, he'll help combat them in the middle and using Sutton as a target man will allow the 3 attacking mids to pick from the scraps.

Reckon we can do them, I say 3-1 'Well.