Craggs

Reynolds

Fitzpatrick

Lasley

O'Brien

Forbes

Smith

Sutton

I'd go with that although i'd switch Forbes for Slane. I think Forbes had a good game last week but i dont reckon he showed enough going forward compared to Slane when he came on.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go with that although i'd switch Forbes for Slane. I think Forbes had a good game last week but i dont reckon he showed enough going forward compared to Slane when he came on.

That was my first thought Bop - but then I figured if ye keep Slane as a subbie it's always an option to have if things are going pearshaped. Of the two, who is the stronger? You all said that Welsh midfield was beefy big boys.

I would start seb Kosiorowski.

Realistically llanelli's only chances are going to be high balls into the box; whether it be throw ins or "A" corner.

He has confidence, height , and DOES leave his line.

Dont think he's mastered Fraser's skills of standing for 90 minutes and passing goalkicks 3 metres.

Dont think he's mastered Fraser's skills of standing for 90 minutes and passing goalkicks 3 metres.

Well he better learn as that was actually well thought out. What the fuck is the point punting the ball towards our midfield when they average under 6ft while their defence/midfield was averaging over 6ft!

My team, using FM positions:

GK Fraser

DL Hammell

DC Reynolds

DC Craigan

DR Saunders

DMC Forbes

DMC Fitzpatrick

AML Slane

AMC McGarry

AMR O'Brien

SC Sutton

Throw on McHugh and DL Smith at halftime/early second half if not 2-0 up by then.

Why don`t we go 3 at the back? If there only gona play 1 upfront (who wasn`t exactly the most mobile!) they will be happy to soak up the pressure, keep there lead. My team would be:

Fraser

Hutchison Crags Reynolds

Lasley Fitzy

O`Brien Hammell

Murphy Sutton Slane

Why don`t we go 3 at the back? If there only gona play 1 upfront (who wasn`t exactly the most mobile!) they will be happy to soak up the pressure, keep there lead.

i like the three at the back idea with hutchinson in with the regular CB's

slane and murphy up front, smith and o'brien on the wings and fitzy on instead of mcgarry please, then take your pick of the youth squad and we should do fine

How do the young lads compare fitness wise to the senior players, better or worse?

IMO much of a muchness, however all of them are very thin/powder puff/slight. they are all very mobile. Saunders was consistently going forward and Slane impressed with his direct running. Forbes didnt do much running,(with the position he was playing) however he did look quite comfortable on the ball. We all know Murphy and O'Brien have got pace to burn (why didnt we hammer their right back????)and I dont think have an opinion on McHugh yet!!

Out of all the youngsters from Thursday night, I think Slane deserves the nod to start. However, I do agree with someone before who mentioned he would be a good impact player, especially against tired legs.

Fingers crossed I get to see us win on foreign soil!!

We all know Murphy and O'Brien have got pace to burn (why didnt we hammer their right back????).

Out of all the youngsters from Thursday night, I think Slane deserves the nod to start.

The problem was that LLanelli played with about 2 right backs. Beat the first one and there was another one backing him up. That went for virtually all their defensive positions.

With the squad as it is, its hard to see us scoring down there. We don't have the craft or guile to unlock their defence and neither do we have the physical power to batter them into submission.

Sutton up front on his own is a nightmare. I'd be tempted to play 4-4-2 with either Smith or Murphy partnering Sutton.

Goalkeeper is open to debate-I don't rate Fraser so would be prepared to give the youngster a go.

Defence picks itself at the moment.

Midfield, Lasley and Forbes for the holding role in the centre, Slane and O'Brien to provide the width and creativity to break down the Taffs. Murphy is another option if we don't start him up front.

After thinking about it, i'd be inclined to go with 3 at the back aswell. Perhaps even with the same players as last week with Reynolds sitting just infront of the back 3. Either that or have Hutchison Craigan and Reynolds with an extra striker.

I think pace could be the key to winning this game.

Pace doesn't help when you're running at a solid wall of defenders. They probably won't be drawn out, so we need to get round behind them, either using the flanks, quick one-twos through them or diagonal balls in behind them to runners from the opposite flank. We need to be smarter at using the pace.

Fraser

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Slane Fitzpatrick Forbes O'Brien

Murphy Sutton

Lasley was rank rotten in the 1st leg and cant turn and run fast enough, mumford was even beating him to the ball at times, also slane did alot more for us than mcgarry, and we know obrien can play better so i would leave mcgarry out.

cant see lasley featurin much this season tbh if gannons bringin 5 or 6 more and already has a midfielder and is looking to bring through the youth.

It's on the website mate. Don't know about 3 at the back. Sounds good in practive but may fuck up the balance at the back. The players struggled to adapt to a new formation on Thursday so why burden the poor souls with more changes. I'd go 4-4-2 and look to stretch them out wide with O'Brien/Slane running with the ball. Stick Sutton and Smith or Murphy up top.

Not sure I'd go three at the back, if you play a four you can leave the two centre halves with their lone striker and allow the full back to push on.

I think we need to start with two out and out wingers and two strikers through the middle, and look to play with more pace and urgency going forward. If we can do that then I'm not sure they'll be able to cope.

Although there aint a lot of height in the side, Saunders can attack from the back post. If Sutton moves from the middle and pulls off his marker too, room would be created for our attacking midfield.

Responsibility has to be taken, we cannot afford any shrinking violets in this game.

My side would be:

Fraser

Saunders

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

O'Brien

Fitzpatrick

Forbes

Slane

Murphy

Sutton

That would give us the option of Smith, McGarry, Lasley and McHugh on the bench, plus Hutchinson and Page if we have a narrow lead to protect!

A decent Well performance should see a 3-0 win, here's hoping.

I know he is hardly flavour of the month but I would go with Darren Lee Smith up front with Sutton. He is at least a bit bigger/grown up than Murphy and will beat their defence for pace all day long he has more chances of winning headers than Murphy too. I would maybe play Murphy on the right mid/Forward position and O'Brien on the left with Slane coming on for him. Fitzy and Forbes in the middle for me anawl, Lasley had his chance and blew it big time.

Defence picks itself, unfortunately.

We need to go for it, from the start and this is about as attacking as we can get.

------------Fraser------------

Saunders--Craigan-Reynolds-Hammell

---------Forbes--Fitzy-------------

-----------------------------O'Brien/Slane

--Murphy

---------DLS----Sutton

A Sutton goal after 8 minutes and we are on our way to a 4-0 win!!!

:notworthy: