Worst Motherwell Team And Manager

dazamfc

Some of the names mentioned on this thread have me cringing. :ph34r: . Worst manager has to be a joint ownership with Kampman and Malpas. Worst defender Queifio a French numptie. Worst midfielder is John Davies worst striker is John Hendry and worst keeper is Stevie (traffic cone) Woods. Have to say Fitzpatrick deserves a mention too for his performances last season. -_-

No way Ouefio comes close to being the worst ever Motherwell defender, nowhere near. Granted he was hardly Franco Baresi but, I've seen worse

Can;t believe some of the shit on this thread :-)

Andy Dornan ? (Sold to somewhere in England, kept the club afloat at the time)

Howerd Sameroff ? (half dozen appearences at the end of a season with 60% shut outs)

Kia Nysonnen ? (scored a goal live on sky to put us top of the league)

Countless others that I can't be arsed going through.

If people think Kampmann was the worst manager 'Well manager ever, then they need to look back a bit. We had a shite team when he took over 2/3 of the way through a season and we stayed up. When the new season started, things didn't go tits up until that little c**t nevin appeared. We've had a load of miles worse managers over the years :doh: Roger Hynd (excluding his first five weeks), Bobby Watson, Ally McLeod and the incredible Jock Wallace who got rid of some of our best players because they were tims (while telling the papers they were 'lazy')

Roger Hynd , Bstard gave me the belt at school.

Can;t believe some of the shit on this thread :-)

Andy Dornan ? (Sold to somewhere in England, kept the club afloat at the time)

Howerd Sameroff ? (half dozen appearences at the end of a season with 60% shut outs)

Kia Nysonnen ? (scored a goal live on sky to put us top of the league)

Countless others that I can't be arsed going through.

If people think Kampmann was the worst manager 'Well manager ever, then they need to look back a bit. We had a shite team when he took over 2/3 of the way through a season and we stayed up. When the new season started, things didn't go tits up until that little c**t nevin appeared. We've had a load of miles worse managers over the years :doh: Roger Hynd (excluding his first five weeks), Bobby Watson, Ally McLeod and the incredible Jock Wallace who got rid of some of our best players because they were tims (while telling the papers they were 'lazy')

agreed. suprised to see mentions for tony thomas who was a quality player and turned in an immense performance in the cup game against hearts but had mega dodgy knees (only reason we got him) and michels who was a good player who just didn't see eye to with davies.

manager: malpas

woods

christie

ready

vaughan

bollan

townsley

john davies

malcolm

roddie

henry

halliday

I know what you're saying but they were all well past their best, and they are all legends (Well, maybe not Falconer, but he did keep us in the Premier League previously). The main problem Kampman had, in my opinion, was that he under-estimated the standard of football in the SPL as guys like Stefan Lindqvist and co. just weren't good enough. Even the experience brought in in the shape of Brian McClair was a huge disappointment, but I think the previous squad definitely had to go.

Having just reconsiderred what I've written, maybe Harri over-estimated the SPL at the time, as I don't seem to remember us having much in the way of strength in the team at the time, and perhaps guys like Linqvist, Michels, etc just weren't cut out for the physical aspect of the game over here. I'm trying to remember who our centre-halves were at that time - I think one was Jamie McGowan, who was hardly a bruiser, so that could have been it. I certainly think he got a bit of a raw deal, punted in the manner that he was, and I think he is remembered harshly by the fans.

Just to continue the Kampman revisionism whilst I feeling generous. You could aruge that he brought in only what he could afford. Chapman fantastic a chairman as he was in his time was running a very tight ship to make the place look a healthy purchase for whoever was going to come in and if Boyle when he took over had allowed Kampman the access to funds Billy Davies got might well have gone on to better things.

Guess we'll never know, the harsh facts were that Kampman got rid of a few players, most of whom probably needed moving on and brought in a bunch that weren't any better and probably worse.

we got good service out of jamie magowan, he was a solid player and i think he captained us on a number of ocassions.

kampmann had some rank signings (kraska, mclair, kaven, halliday, miller, white) but also made some decent ones (teale, magowan, matthei, doesberg, michels, adams). plus there was jered stirling. linqvist was only at the club for a month and looked a tidy player.

no suprise there's a fair amount of revisionism going on. plenty on here have no problems revising recent history so ten years ago must be fair game.

Seeing as this thread has been updated over last few days, here's a topical issue. Jock Wallace must be the worst manager ever - for dismantling (possibly best Well boss ever) Davie Hay's side. This included the now late Brian McLaughlin, the team's talisman at the time. Brian and his other departees were Catholics. Sums up for me why I I hate bigotry so much. :huh::lol: :lol:

Seeing as this thread has been updated over last few days, here's a topical issue. Jock Wallace must be the worst manager ever - for dismantling (possibly best Well boss ever) Davie Hay's side. This included the now late Brian McLaughlin, the team's talisman at the time. Brian and his other departees were Catholics. Sums up for me why I I hate bigotry so much. :lol::lol::mad:

I totally agree Wallace was easily the worst manager I have seen :mad: He took one of the best attacking teams I have had the pleasure to witness and decimated them :huh: We got relegated with Bobby Watson because of what that man did to us. Worst player I ever saw has to be John McStay or Rab Shannon

Jock Wallace must be the worst manager ever - for dismantling (possibly best Well boss ever) Davie Hay's side. This included the now late Brian McLaughlin, the team's talisman at the time. Brian and his other departees were Catholics. Sums up for me why I I hate bigotry so much. :huh::lol::lol:

Yet when McClair was sold his replacement was also a catholic (as well as another candidate for a worst player side) - Jim Gillespie.

The late-seventies, early eighties were a time when we had a horrendous turnover of players. Guys like Derek Weldon would be drafted in from the Juniors for a couple of games. Also gave us some longer term numpties right enough, Mike Larnach springs to mind.

In later years what about Mark Caughey & Crawford Baptie.

Fagan is exscaping because less than stellar player that he was there have been many many more worse.

Also harsh chucking in Shannon from someone. He was a decent enough player for us, just so happened he was considerably outshone by the rest of the team of that era, Steve Woods aside.

In all my years watching the Well, the most clueless performances were always down to Andy Roddie. McLeish used to use him as an impact sub. Roddie always appeared shit scared of getting involved. He actually convinced me he actually timed his runs to avoid contact with the ball.

So please, when compiling an all time worst Well X!, stick Roddie on the wing. Howling performance guarenteed.

Shannon was a good player. Not very showy but dependable. he shouldn't even be in a discussion about the worst ever right-backs at Motherwell,let alone the worst ever player.

Exactly - Rab Shannon must be one of the more under-appreciated players we have had. VERY steady - but, of course, the boo-boys didnae like him so that was that.

In all my years watching the Well, the most clueless performances were always down to Andy Roddie. McLeish used to use him as an impact sub. Roddie always appeared shit scared of getting involved. He actually convinced me he actually timed his runs to avoid contact with the ball.

So please, when compiling an all time worst Well X!, stick Roddie on the wing. Howling performance guarenteed.

Only if Paul Kinnaird is his replacement on the bench!

Don't consider myself a boo boy, but my god the two of them severely tested my happy clappy persona!