Mfc Tv

Tartan_Special

MFCTV   

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would you subscribe to an MFCTV channel?

• Yes
    • No

After a conversation with some Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs fans at work regarding the ESPN deal, they were all pretty shocked that Motherwell didn't have there own online TV channel. So I thought I'd put this to you guys.

Would you subscribe to an MFC TV channel?

What would you expect from it?

Do you think its even feasable or maintainable to make a decent profit for the club?

Also does anyone know if John Boyle has already looked into this?

Also does anyone know if George Boyle has already looked into this?

The junkie ex-St Johnstone player? He'd probably subscribe just to see his goal into Stevie Woods at McDiarmid Park!

I think you have to be more specific with your question. For example, I'd probably subscribe to it if I knew that x amount of the cash was going to MFC.

I'd say aye (although dependent on costs) and but also on the understanding that i get the Lovejoy role on Motherwell's version of 'Soccer AM' meets 'Something For The Weekend'

Lynda Block from on here will fill the Simon Rimmer role doing the cooking.

Any nice looking burds oot there to fill the Helen Chamberlain/Amanda Hamilton/Jenni Falconer role?

Looking forward to the festive dance-off already!!!

I think it would work best as two or three 20 minute shows a week.

Best looking for a mixture of light hearted stuff alongside the odd exclusive interview etc.

Motherwell don't feature all that often on the Scottish news or Sky Sports so I think it certainly has the potential to be sucsessful - although the target audience is a bit restricting.

The junkie ex-St Johnstone player? He'd probably subscribe just to see his goal into Stevie Woods at McDiarmid Park!

I think you have to be more specific with your question. For example, I'd probably subscribe to it if I knew that x amount of the cash was going to MFC.

I think Hearts charge 40 or 50 quid a year.

Dont quote me on that tho (or anything ths morning) :cheers:

I think the days of a 'group' deal are numbered. Television is already a dying medium and the internet enables clubs to set up their own channels at relatively little cost. It won't be long before Rangers and Celtic pull out of any SPL deal and keep their 'own' cash.

I'd pay to download matches, highlights etc but not so much interested in 'magazine' type programming. The problem is with a support our size it might not be cost effective, whereas even teams like Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts could generate much more income with a fan base three times bigger.

I wouldnt pay £50 or £40 in one go but a direct debit of a lesser amount as i wouldnt notice it, i subscribed to Arsenal TV and its GUFF!

I would pay £3.99 per month to see all games including away and cup? but would we get games on Sky?

In would also want to see daily videos or team training and interviews. With the odd fun stuff like crossbar challange. etc.

:whistling:

I'd say aye (although dependent on costs) and but also on the understanding that i get the Lovejoy role on Motherwell's version of 'Soccer AM' meets 'Something For The Weekend'

Lynda Block from on here will fill the Simon Rimmer role doing the cooking.

Any nice looking burds oot there to fill the Helen Chamberlain/Amanda Hamilton/Jenni Falconer role?

Looking forward to the festive dance-off already!!!

You saying I can't multi-task, filling 2 roles??? :whistling:

there isn't the demand for it

motherwell simply don't have enough of a hardcore base of fans that would pay for this

realistically how many people would pay £40 a year for such a service?

my suggestion would be to get a group of supporters together to create their own independent motherwell tv, create a website and film and post on you tube

all you need is someone with a camera

create a free website (for example myspace) that allows you to post youtube footage

get a few people to discuss each game and big news

pre and post game interviews with supporters

and thats that

could actually be revolutionary in the fanzine world

anyone up for it?

there isn't the demand for it

motherwell simply don't have enough of a hardcore base of fans that would pay for this

realistically how many people would pay £40 a year for such a service?

my suggestion would be to get a group of supporters together to create their own independent motherwell tv, create a website and film and post on you tube

all you need is someone with a camera

create a free website (for example myspace) that allows you to post youtube footage

get a few people to discuss each game and big news

pre and post game interviews with supporters

and thats that

could actually be revolutionary in the fanzine world

anyone up for it?

You could do most of this by podcast to kick-off, cheap and cheerful and also lets you see what kinda of numbers you're looking at audience wise