Mfc Tv

Tartan_Special

MFCTV   

87 members have voted

1. 1. Would you subscribe to an MFCTV channel?

• Yes
    • No

My Company pitched ideas to flow and his team around 8 months ago, we worked hard to think of a decent plan which would appeal to all age groups. It was simple, feasible and cost effective for the club, certainly on par with Hearts TV any way.

We had the idea of selling advertising for different sections of the service, which could be added into advertising packages which were already in place. For example, offering Jaxx or another sponsor some sort of "full multi media package" where their logo's would appear at the start and end of each video. This means it would be free to the consumer and the advertiser would have maximum exposure.

We have the equipment, rough ideas and experience to do this, but Flow was very ambitious and suggested the subscription service. To be honest, some things he suggested were well above what we were capable of (filming all games excluding 1st team, reserves, kids etc) and would have been worth £40 a month, but would have been (or will be) a huge, expensive operation.

Flow does a FANTASTIC job for the club, but i feel he could have acknowledged our effort with an email or phone call to let us know what was happening, a bit ignorant to be honest.

Not a dig, just an observation that the club maybe have something in the pipeline.

Have had poor experiences of this type of service at Brighton. They do put a lot of interviews etc up, but its basically the same interviews that appear on the website in text anyway.

The commentary on games that they provide is essentially the Southern counties radio feed (which is no to bad to be fair) along with stats etc that you could easily pick up from the likes of sportinglife etc.

Having the games (highlights at the very least) IMHO is a must for any service - otherwise the club could easily just do a podcast and enhance the website through that avenue. Its not as if we are short of folk supporting the club that have journalistic and/or radio presenting experience...

To spark a demand with folk prepared to pay for the service it needs to concentrate on offering the exiles the sort of content that they crave. I don't think £40 quid a season is a hell of a lot, providing the content is additional to what is already on the website.

As an exile I would rather pay the club for a reasonable service rather than subscribe to SKY/ESPN to see the odd game involving my club. Part of that is pure stubbornness on my behalf - I refuse to subscribe to anything that sees the vast majority of my money subsidise the old firm - especially when other methods exist to view the content... :doh:

I think the days of a 'group' deal are numbered. Television is already a dying medium and the internet enables clubs to set up their own channels at relatively little cost. It won't be long before Rangers and Celtic pull out of any SPL deal and keep their 'own' cash.

after the OF games the most attractive matches are rangers and celtic playing away from home. as long as the smaller clubs stick together the old firm can't do anything without the rest, it's not like they can broadcast from our grounds without permission.

i'd go even further and say that no traditional media coverage would hurt them far more than us. we only have to keep 4000 odd interested, the OF have legions of armchair fans and if newspapers, radio and tv were all blacked out it would effect them badly.

I wouldn't pay for this sort of thing. The highlights are already online on the BBC thing and presumably that'll be continuing on this season too.

If they wanted to do a podcast type thing with interviews and club news and that then I would subscribe to it, they might be able to sell some advertising but I wouldn't be paying a direct debit for an online TV channel.

I wouldn't pay for this sort of thing. The highlights are already online on the BBC thing

But only if you're in the UK... I'd certainly pay to be able to get hold of the highlights properly, not to mention watch games live like we used to be able to on scottishfootball.co.uk, rather than jump through hoops to convince iPlayer that I live somewhere I don't.