Albania

Mitch

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what it they are saying on the site. Some of it may be lost in translation!

06-07-09 14:58 Flamurtari: motherwell's striker Hiding Behind llanelli number 4's belly

That bit certainlly wasn't lost in translation. :P

Hey guys,

First of all I would like to greet all of you in this site.

I am an Albanian but not a Flamurtari fan but I do follow Albanian football quite a lot. When I read those articles posted by your club I was shocked when I heard words such as "mines, granades, gun ownership, robbery" etc. Perhaps there is another Albania that me as an Albanian has never seen before where these mines are. I travel a lot around Albania and even in mountains and other remote areas and there's never been any danger. Now of course there are guns in Albania, just like there are guns in Paris or Munich or New York City. To be honest I've been more scared when I've been in cities like Paris,New York and London than anywhere in Albania. I would like to invite all of you to visit Albania and I'll tell you that you are not the first fans to come here. Whenever we have international matches and club matches there are always foreign supporters and I don't ever recall any issues apart from against Greece (because of personal conflicts) and once against England in 2001(too much beer for the English lol). Flamurtari does have a lot of fans but nothing really organized so do expect a full house but not a lot of coreography or singing. The only organized fans are mostly of KF Tirana, Partizani and our national team fans which are great. I don't think there will be any trouble between your fans and theirs but of course you guys shouldn't start swearing at their fans in their own stadium. Pretty much just like in any other stadium.

To be honest I have never seen Motherwell FC play nor I ever heard of this team until now. As for Flamurtari I think they are a really weak team. The whole season they were kinda fighting for relegation in the league and they have a lot of young unexperienced players. As to how they won the Cup of Albania, I have no idea how lucky they got. I can't really put my finger in any of their players to say that you have to be careful for that guy. They have a very talented young goalkeeper who is just 19 and has been playing in the first team since he was 17.

As for the city of Vlora I suggest you guys enjoy it since its a very nice city especially in the summer. There are amazing beaches but the very nice ones are located right outside the city. The girls are breathtaking and the night clubs by the beach are amazing. I don't know if you guys will have enough time but I say enjoy Vlora, drink up and have a good time. Walk around at 3 am if you want I guarantee nothing will happen. Some of the clubs to consider are Summer Depo, Iliria, etc...simply ask around and people will tell you.

If you guys don't have much time and just want a nice place to relax and have something to drink I recommend this place called LIRO where I go sometimes. Ask around people will tell you its very close to the stadium, maybe a 10 min drive.

3588314215_f524f5beb8_b.jpg

2895906729_98a5f9dfc3_o.jpg

255080435_282df09117_b.jpg

So the nice beaches are pretty much just outside of Vlora near Radhime and Orikum which is minutes away...Here are some more pics from Vlora

2740725307_23f7b44f79_b.jpg

2737140847_a40751c667_b.jpg

Here is the stadium in the left of the pic...it holds about 9000 fans I think

vlora-skele.jpg

I think the problem is the fact it will be a totally different football culture, even with the Welsh, on their forum they seemed shocked at the way we act, singing and messing around with opposing fans is just something that is part of the Scottish game but in Eastern European countries especially, this sort of thing seems to end in a rammy, something which would happen I fear if the numbers went over. As it is, we haven't got enough time to arrange anything that would be of reasonable cost, so there won't be many that travel.

hi people! sorry for my english. I am from vlora and i want to say to you that there aren't any risks if you go to vlora. Vlora is the no.1 city of Albania for turism and it's foolish to say that vlora is dangerous. Vlora has 180.000 abitants and every summer came 500.000 turists...you will be very safe there..we respect all the visitors!! if we loose the game we applause the opponent team..WE ARE Civilized!! there are no guns in the hand of the people!!! this is absurd...

IF YOU want to come you can take the ferry from brindisi at 23.00 and you arrive in vlora at 7.00 in the morning.... you will see a big party at the stadium and a beautiful city to visit with a beautiful sea and a very hot sun!!!

you are welcome my friends!!!

the club are not taking any tickets :D

we will be bringing about 20,will it be ok to pay on the night?

You're 'avin a laugh right? That's fucking stupid. Now the Motherwell fans who do go and get tickets will have no idea if they're walking into the shitter, because I bet at least one arsehole is dumb enough to challenge their Ultras. :thumbup:

Folks,

Jags fan here. Been based in Tirana for 18 monhs for work reasons. Was very surprised to see the official statement released by the club on Friday. Rest assured that any Motherwell fan travelling is coming to a lovely country, which is perfectly safe. And the locals are very friendly. You will have a great trip, and you'll leave with a new appreciation of Albania.

If any fans coming through Tirana fancy meeting up or need any info, then please feel free to PM me.

Enjoy your visit!!

Folks,

Jags fan here. Been based in Tirana for 18 monhs for work reasons. Was very surprised to see the official statement released by the club on Friday. Rest assured that any Motherwell fan travelling is coming to a lovely country, which is perfectly safe. And the locals are very friendly. You will have a great trip, and you'll leave with a new appreciation of Albania.

If any fans coming through Tirana fancy meeting up or need any info, then please feel free to PM me.

Enjoy your visit!!

Hi,

a couple of questions for you.

Will be travelling down from Budapest on Tuesday, staying over night in Podgricia and finishing the drive on Wednesday.

What sort of driving time should I allow from the border to Vlore and how's the state of the roads?

I'll take care of tickets once I get there, I assume it should be straight forward.

Cheers

G

Hi,

a couple of questions for you.

Will be travelling down from Budapest on Tuesday, staying over night in Podgricia and finishing the drive on Wednesday.

What sort of driving time should I allow from the border to Vlore and how's the state of the roads?

I'll take care of tickets once I get there, I assume it should be straight forward.

Cheers

G

Did you consider taking the Malev flight from Budapest to Tirana, and hiring a car from there?

I would allow about 5 hours from the border to Tirana and a further 3 from Tirana to Vlore. You should be able to complete the journey with ease in those timescales.

There's a new tunnel opened recently on the Kukes - Durres stretch which has reduced the journey by about an hour. Although the roads have improved greatly over the last couple of years, do not expect motorway driving conditions, perticularly in Northern Albania where the roads can be a little primitive. The roads between Tirana - Durres - Fier are pretty good these days, however the final section between Fier and Vlore can be a little 'rustic' in places.

I did consider the flight but at £500 quid a chuck I binned that idea pretty smartly.

Pretty used to driving out here (Bosnia, Ukraine, Serbia, etc), but was aware that Albania was possibly worse.

Coming down the Adriatic Highway as I understand the last two tunnels were opened in May, thus avoiding the 3 hour wait at the border from Hungary to Serbia.

Are you planning on going to the game yourself?

PS: did try and PM you, but it was blocked.

Cheers

G