Sorry Guys....unhappy Topic But Need Some Help!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, no point in speculating, no doubt will hear in the fullness of time what happened, just makes me sad to think that it all might have gone off again. I don't think I would have been quite so reasonable about pressing charges had I been involved, throw the book at them I say. If no charges are pressed, can the authorities still impose football banning orders, without a court case? Anyone in the know?

Guys, after spending all day on the bus with Mr Miller and his family, I found them to be decent, honest Well fans looking forward to a good game of football and nice day out like the rest of us. I cannot tell you how disgusted I was at the action of these clowns - drunk or otherwise - there's NO excuse for their actions!!! Shame on them. Big disgrace!!

I went to visit Mr Miller yesterday and his wee face is black and blue ear to ear! What a mess, I could have cried when I saw him, I was so ashamed that this happened to him on a Well trip. He's just lost his wife, has been ill for sometime and had been looking forward to the game. The poor wee soul told me he was embarassed and didny want any fuss. Obviously, I assured him that we were all embarassed that this had been allowed to happen to him, he's nothing to be embarassed for, nothing to be ashamed off!!! If I had met these idiots after I left that wee man yesterday, I'd have rung their scrawny necks!!!!

The Club have invited Mr Miller to dinner with the former players at a match of his choice next season and will keep in touch with the family to let them know what further action is taken and absolutely guarantee to help Mr Miller in any way we can throughout his recovery. Support Mr Miller to support the Well.

A meeting was held yesterday between the Club and representatives of the Supporters Association and all the facts have been gathered. Thanks to them for the way they handled the situation and for the information they provided. Thanks too to Dougie Arnott who was the first man at Mr Miller's door when he heard what had happened. We tried to convince Mr Miller to press charges but he said he just hoped the Welsh police "put the fear of God in them" and they'd get a fright. Can I just say if the Welsh police didny manage to put the fear o' God in them, I'm quite sure there's plently that will...(obviously these are my personal feelings...)

When I left Mr Miller's, he was okay physically but what kind of damage has been done to this wee man's confidence? I an positive that all true Well fans will join me in the condemnation of the offenders and ensure that this never happens again.

Get Super Well super soon Mr Miller!

That's an absolute disgrace that something like that should happen to anyone at the football, nevermind a guy of 86. Scum of the earth and deserve everything that is coming to them and then some.

Me too!! We tried to convince him to press charges, we really did, but like a lot of older folks, he just "disnae want any more bother". Maybe his family will be able to convice him to change his mind. The scum that did it would probably have the cheek to plead not guilty and he'd have to go to court down in Wales so we need to leave the decision with him. I think the best thing we can do is respect Mr Miller's wishes and support him in any way we can.

As for the dafties, what goes around comes around...

sorry id have pressed charges they shouldnt get away with it

Agreed.

I'm morally opposed to violence and mob justice but if they don't get charged then violence and mob justice is the only solution as far as I'm concerned.

I also hope they were utterly fucked trying to get home after spending the night in the Welsh jail.

I went to visit Mr Miller yesterday and his wee face is black and blue ear to ear! What a mess, I could have cried when I saw him, I was so ashamed that this happened to him on a Well trip. He's just lost his wife, has been ill for sometime and had been looking forward to the game. The poor wee soul told me he was embarassed and didny want any fuss.

That really tugs at the heart strings. Well done to yourself, other fans and the club for the concern showed for Mr Miller. Let's hope he can put this behind him and is back to full health soon, enjoying his football again. I still can't believe anyone could sink so low.

Crazy Diamond - thanks for the update I'm glad to hear that Mr Miller appears OK - though as you suggest what this might have done to him psychologically is anyones guess. Afraid I wouldn't have been so understanding over the incident - but good luck to him and all respect to him and his wishes.

I know I keep dragging this up but did anything further take place at Wishaw after the drop-off. If it did then I hope that that action will be taken against the individual concerned as well - just that nothing seems to have been said about that.

Can/Will action still be taken against these thugs - by way of banning orders, even though no charges are being brought?

sorry id have pressed charges they shouldnt get away with it

I agree with you aswell but maybe the old guy doesn't want anymore trouble. He's been through enough over the past while with his wife etc. Everybody just has to respect his decision on this one.

What utter c***s man. Even if your boozed up to the eyeballs you would have to be a complete c**t to do that to an old guy. I hope the victim(s) are okay, an incident that could easily of harmed the guy more seriously. Out of order

I've been told who the 'uncle' was, and I'm utterly astonished. A total 'Well diehard for 30+ years, and I've never known him to be in bother before. In no way am I standing up for him by saying this though, and frankly he'll deserve any ban or whatever that's coming his way.

I can understand if you're suddenly caught up in something and react in the wrong manner... But to still be acting an arsehole several hours later has no defence. Honestly can't see how he can redeem himself for this, and I sure hope he's thoroughly fuckin embarrased.

I'm gutted that he's made a complete and utter twat of himself.

It was right next to us, we were in Block N19 Row E and shouted to the steward when it started, he got there quickly and separated them but then the perpetrator started swinging again.

By this time more stewards and police arrived and removed him and all we could do was tell the police that they`d got the right guy

A guy who seemed to be part of their party came and sat next to me and started telling me about something to do with his nephew(s) and how people were out to get them but he was pretty incoherent and not making much sense

As we left on the final whistle we saw the guy outside with the police in their van.

Real shame as we`d had a great day and greatly enjoyed the hospitality of the good people of Llanelli

I hope the old fella and is family are fine and it won`t be too long before we see the matching knitted jumper & tammy again

the elderly gentleman involved is part of the brickwork at fir park!

when i was a season ticket holder in the cooper i always looked out for him due to his cracking jumper and tammy combo!!

i pleaded for my mum's pal to knit me a set like that for years, its a fantastic getup!!

very best of luck to Mr Miller i really really hope to see him at Fir Park in the future :P

i'm sure he will have a fair few bodyguards in the well support now!!

Cmon The Well

Apologies for the delay in adding my comment but as you'll understand we only returned back to the club late afternoon yesterday and it's been hectic ever since.

An update - the club do know who these individuals are as both myself, Leeann Montgomery and Alan Marshall (the club football safety officers) were on scene on Thursday evening to attend to Mr Miller and liaise on his care and to make sure he got home.

We will not name and shame as that is not appropriate however I will say this to you all - both individuals involved will be banned from attending matches at Fir Park.

A thoroughly disappointing end to what was a very enjoyable day however I will add that 99.99 % of all fans behaved impeccably and that is indeed a credit to the club.

I must add a note of thanks to Diane Harvey who yesterday went to see the Mr Miller to make sure he was ok.

Apologies for the delay in adding my comment but as you'll understand we only returned back to the club late afternoon yesterday and it's been hectic ever since.

An update - the club do know who these individuals are as both myself, Leeann Montgomery and Alan Marshall (the club football safety officers) were on scene on Thursday evening to attend to Mr Miller and liaise on his care and to make sure he got home.

We will not name and shame as that is not appropriate however I will say this to you all - both individuals involved will be banned from attending matches at Fir Park.

A thoroughly disappointing end to what was a very enjoyable day however I will add that 99.99 % of all fans behaved impeccably and that is indeed a credit to the club.

I must add a note of thanks to Diane Harvey who yesterday went to see the Mr Miller to make sure he was ok.

Hope Mr Miller is doing fine, well done to the club for taking fast action against these scum bags.