Email From Leeann Dempster

Gaag

Hi folks,

As you may know I sent an email to the club this morning to ask one or two questions regarding the ticketing structure for the Scottish Cup tie, as well as the general club communication policy. I'm pleased to say that Leeann got back to be very quickly on this. She also tried to give me a call this afternoon (i was in a meeting) and she left a voicemail saying that she'd be happy to discuss any concerns or ideas we may have going forward.

I for one was very happy with the response, and given the fact that I know she is a woman of integrity, I've no doubts that she is very sincere in her posititve words regarding measures she is hoping to take going forward (regarding ticketing and general communication)

The rough copy of what she said is here:

Good morning Keith,

The email you sent to the club this morning has been forwarded to me so I thought it useful to respond quickly to you on this matter.

I’ll be perfectly frank with you, the club is in a lose lose situation on this one. No matter how we decided to proceed with the distribution we will inevitably have left some fans unhappy. Contrary to posts and comments made on the forums, the club has tried to learn the lessons from the Nancy match but we need to live with the fact that for the remainder of this season at least, redemption of special match tickets to season ticket holders via the online route is just not an option. The department and back end system currently does not have the ability to cope with it and that is a fact. Having said all of that, I have already identified this as one of the priority areas that I need to modernise and I have started to do so already. Again for clarity, we did consider a ST holder ballot however felt that the time constraints along with the previous experience against Nancy were such that this could potentially work out worse for all.

You’ll be aware that I myself have only recently joined the club and many of the issues that have been raised with me already by other supporters, such as ticketing are not just overnight fixes. I really do sympathise with your own and other supporter’s positions but we are moving as quickly as we can.

Please let me also assure you that we did all we could to get more tickets but at the end of the day 500 is what we have and we need to just live with it as best we can. I really do want to bring some clarity of communication to the fans as it has been lacking in the past. I personally won’t hide from the criticism so happy to discuss the above or anything else you feel you’d like to. I am at the stadium most days and always on match days.

Kind Regards,

Leeann Dempster

Now I know that inevitably there will be a few posters who will pick negative things out of the above; however I think credit should be given where it's due. Also, bear in mind that Leeann Dempster is new to the club, and can't work overnight miracles!

I think the club has made a good appointment in this one, and I fully expect there to be a number of improvements over the next year.

I'm hoping to have a chat with her next time I'm down at Fir Park and I'll be in a position to offer you more information then.

Gaag

Certainly seems like she's trying to be straight with the fans and really improve on a number of areas. She's certainly saying the right things and hopefully she'll continue to move the club in the right direction.

Best of luck to her and hopefully we can take positive steps to repair some of the damage that's been done to the relationship of the club and it's fans.

Yes, Ms Dempster certainly seems as though she means business and good luck to her. I also will be writing to her about the plight of fans living away from Lanarkshire, as I know others have done. I've sounded off on the Boards out of sheer frustration but now is the time to be constructive. Perhaps she will start to address fans' long running concerns.

Guest JohnnyDefault

Yep good response Gaag. Let us know how it goes. If it gets to the stage where theres a sitty doony to discuss things constructively in terms of whats being put forward here I'm sure there'll be no shortage of volunteers. I'm prepared to step forward also if required.

Guest JohnnyDefault

It was good that Gaag got such a positive and swift response from Leeann Dempster to his email yesterday.

Mibbez one of the first 'experiments' she could try from her desk - is dial '9' or watever for an outside line and phone either the ticket office directly 338002 or try to get through via the push button options on the main club number 333333

Not having a go - just outlining a worthwhile experiment.

It was good that Gaag got such a positive and swift response from Leeann Dempster to his email yesterday.

Mibbez one of the first 'experiments' she could try from her desk - is dial '9' or watever for an outside line and phone either the ticket office directly 338002 or try to get through via the push button options on the main club number 333333

Not having a go - just outlining a worthwhile experiment.

Give it a go Leeann and let me know how you get on - I've been trying for the past hour and get the voicemail on option 2 each time :blink:

MON RA DOSSERS

The Trust met with Leeann and John Boyle about a month or so ago, and I must echo the sentiments of the above - I was extremely impressed with her. Not only her manner at the meeting (I was wary of 'bluster' after the same meeting with Ian Stillie a year previous) but since the meeting, steps that we suggested have actually been taken.

Most of you East Standers will notice that the tannoy has been fixed - that was Leeann. Seaspn ticket holders may also note that the MST boards for the match numbers are back in use - Leeann again. Even something as seemingly insignificant as the Panoramic Fir Park photos on sale in the club shop are off the back of a suggestion made at that meeting. There was obviously many more, broader issues discussed and I am confident that these will be addressed, given time.

What I would say is that we are to have regular meetings with Leeann and I would ask that people, rather than emailing or writing to her directly, contact the Trust and we shall raise points on your behalf. The reason I ask this is that it would allow us to better gauge the thoughts and feelings of the fans, and broadcast any further developements that are made off the back of it. It would benefit the rest of the fanbase if they were aware that peoples concerns were actually being listenned to and dealt with.

I assure everyone that anything along those lines will be dealt with swiftly by the Trust and every step of the progression will be communicated back to the fan who raised the point, and the end result potentially rolled out to rest of the supporters.

Frazzle

Hi folks,

As you may know I sent an email to the club this morning to ask one or two questions regarding the ticketing structure for the Scottish Cup tie, as well as the general club communication policy. I'm pleased to say that Leeann got back to be very quickly on this. She also tried to give me a call this afternoon (i was in a meeting) and she left a voicemail saying that she'd be happy to discuss any concerns or ideas we may have going forward.

I for one was very happy with the response, and given the fact that I know she is a woman of integrity, I've no doubts that she is very sincere in her posititve words regarding measures she is hoping to take going forward (regarding ticketing and general communication)

Admittedly it was a swift response, but unable to see how that points to her integrity.

What I would say is that we are to have regular meetings with Leeann and I would ask that people, rather than emailing or writing to her directly, contact the Trust and we shall raise points on your behalf. The reason I ask this is that it would allow us to better gauge the thoughts and feelings of the fans, and broadcast any further developements that are made off the back of it. It would benefit the rest of the fanbase if they were aware that peoples concerns were actually being listenned to and dealt with.

I assure everyone that anything along those lines will be dealt with swiftly by the Trust and every step of the progression will be communicated back to the fan who raised the point, and the end result potentially rolled out to rest of the supporters.

Frazzle

But maybe she is happy to take questions and engage with all the support, not just those aligned or with any kind of access to the MST.

If she wants to hear from all parties, then im not sure its correct to decide everyone has to go through the mouthpiece of the supporters trust. (unless she asks for that)

Just my thoughts.

I quote: "I know she's a woman of integrity"

Not that the email points it out. I'm talking about from my own personal experience. :lol:

So you've had dealings with her before, and more than once obviously if you're prepared to vouch for her integrity. Which makes her swift response and continued efforts to contact you a lot less impressive than I first gave her credit for. I'll wait and see how she deals with the ordinary punters rather than her friends and acquaintances.

That was at our request, but I see it as being mutually beneficial.

I'm certain Leeann would be happy to hear individually from any supporters - that's not why I made the request to go through the Trust. The reason I did that was twofold: Firstly, it would allow us to gauge issues that are affecting the core support, rather than just a small handful of our own members; and also it would give us the chance to, where relevant, broadcast any outcomes or findings, hopefully giving the club a bit of much needed good PR with the fans.

However, if you'd rather it was a private matter and keep the response to yourself, that's absolutely not a problem. I'm just trying to fulfill what I see as being one of (if not THE) most important roles of the Trust.

Frazzle

Most of you East Standers will notice that the tannoy has been fixed - that was Leeann. Seaspn ticket holders may also note that the MST boards for the match numbers are back in use - Leeann again. Even something as seemingly insignificant as the Panoramic Fir Park photos on sale in the club shop are off the back of a suggestion made at that meeting. There was obviously many more, broader issues discussed and I am confident that these will be addressed, given time.

Really? Nobody in the shop seemed to know anything about your suggestion....

That was at our request, but I see it as being mutually beneficial.

I'm certain Leeann would be happy to hear individually from any supporters - that's not why I made the request to go through the Trust. The reason I did that was twofold: Firstly, it would allow us to gauge issues that are affecting the core support, rather than just a small handful of our own members; and also it would give us the chance to, where relevant, broadcast any outcomes or findings, hopefully giving the club a bit of much needed good PR with the fans.

However, if you'd rather it was a private matter and keep the response to yourself, that's absolutely not a problem. I'm just trying to fulfill what I see as being one of (if not THE) most important roles of the Trust.

Frazzle

What gives you the right to decide you will speak for ALL Motherwell fans rather than just your "handful of members".

If the core support wanted you to "gauge their issues", they would have joined the Trust. For you to suggest that ALL Motherwell fans questions are filtered through the Trust oversteps the mark by a long way. Any questions I have for Leanne Dempster will be made to Leanne Dempster, any responses will be put on this forum, whether relevant or not. I'm damn sure I'm not having some stranger I've never met going into a meeting putting my points in his own sweet way, then deciding whether the response is relevant to publish.

Your remit begins and ends with your Trust members, you speak for no-one else, and you CERTAINLY do not speak for me.

Hearsay evidence then, I'll wait till I've got some hard evidence of her integrity before I make my mind up.

Fair enough, as you say... you have your own points you'd like to put to her. I'd be interested to know how you get on :P

And by the way, just in case you were wondering, I'm not part of the supporters trust, nor have I ever been. I simply asked a question out of my own interest and put the answer I received up here.

Gaag

And by the way, just in case you were wondering, I'm not part of the supporters trust, nor have I ever been. I simply asked a question out of my own interest and put the answer I received up here.

Gaag

I never thought you were part of any supporters group.

I've been in business long enough to know that Leeanne Dempster didn't get the job she's in through being a cuddly ball of fun and Mother Theresa's rightful successor as "living saint".

I've learnt, through personal experience, to be wary whenever I see a third party offering up plaudits on someone's integrity, decency, or honour.

As for Frazzle, he's a spokesman for the Trust, that's it. His disgraceful attempt at strengthening his position by demanding to be the spokesperson/conduit for the entire Motherwell support should be resisted forcefully, and the puffed up self important little prig told exactly where to go.