Email From Leeann Dempster

Gaag

I didn't demand anything. I already said if you'd rather not, then that's absolutely fine. I politely requested that fans go through the Trust to have their views aired to the club, and gave what I consider to be two fairly decent and well-meaning reasons for making the request. In addition, I would think that any opinion or proposal expressed to the club would carry more weight coming from a organised and shareholding organisation with an existing relationship with the club, rather than a random guy with a chip on his shoulder. Your perogative though, and you're quite entitled to it.

Also, you're completely wrong when you say that the Trust's responsibility starts and ends with the Trust members. I feel you're attempting to discuss a subject you know nothing about so I don't think there's any point in taking it further.

Frazzle

Well, it must have been a startling coincidence, as there was no plans afoot to reproduce the photo when we met, and within about a fortnight they were on sale.

I take it the folk in the shop said it was their idea to man the old Ladbrokes stall aswell? :rolleyes:

Frazzle

It was pineapple pix that did them wasn't it? I very much doubt the picture could be commissioned and all arranged with them within 2 weeks. As for the Ladbrokes stall, they've been trying to get in there for a good few months, certainly pre-Nancy anyway

OK, I'll take your word for that. I'm not interested in point-scoring against the 'Well Shop. I'd like to think I have a good relationship with them and I think Provan Sports do a great job with it, especially with the Bukta range, which must undoubtedly be the best range of kit 'Well have ever had.

The panoramic photo was on display in the office of the Chapman Building for quite a while before it was on sale in the shop. It was suggested to Leeann Demspter that these be put on sale when she met with the Trust. Within two weeks, they were. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Does it matter? Not a jot.

The Trust had the idea to try to boost sales of the Phil O'Donnell DVD by using the kiosk in the stand. Within a week of having the idea, in we went. The club shop went in with some stuff at the same time, and there had clearly been no-one at all in there since Ladbrokes left as it was a total disaster area. Is it a coincidence that the kiosk was opened up for the shop after the Trust suggested it? Maybe, maybe not. Does it matter? Not a jot.

The point I am making is that ideas the Trust are having, however small and insignificant at this stage, do appear to be taken on board for a change and are being acted on.

Whether Leeann pulled strings to make these things happen because we suggested it, or whether she did it because she (or someone else) thought of it doesn't really matter. It is excellent that progress is eventually being made and I think the relationship between the club and the fans could be beginning to turn the corner. Of course, I'd like the Trust to be able to gain a bit of credit from it as I do believe we're entitled to it, but if you don't want to give it to us, it won't ruin my Christmas. Progress is undoubtedly being made by our club off the pitch, and that's all that matters to me at the end of the day.

Frazzle