Motherwell Fans @ The New Cardiff City Ground Tonight

Ger CCFC

Good to see a few Motherwell shirts making a weekend of their trip to Wales. Walked passed a few by the ticket office before tonights friendly with Chasetown. They were in the grange end stand with quite a few Cardiff fans singing and standing. Shame I didn't get a chance to have a beer with them.

Not sure if any of you post on here but hope you enjoyed your trip to the ground.

I spoke to Frazza B from these boards yesterday at the fan zone and he mentioned they were going through so it was probably them. What was the score?

We won 4-0. Two of our academy lads got a goal each and Chopra and Bothroyd with the other two.

So the Soul Crew have forgiven getting hunted from the 'Shire then :lol:

I would assume this is in jest the Soul Crew would not see anyone in Scotland as a threat ffs they are used to jousting with the Zulus and Millwall perhaps you should stick to picking on old men.

I would assume this is in jest the Soul Crew would not see anyone in Scotland as a threat ffs they are used to jousting with the Zulus and Millwall perhaps you should stick to picking on old men.

I'm sure there is a bit of history going back a few year when they were indeed sent packing from the Shire.

Being an old man myself, I wasn't involved, however in July 2002 Motherwell played Cardiff City in a pre-season friendly at Fir Park, (1-0 Adams). With Motherwell having a strong Leeds Utd allegiance, Friday's Sun featured a front page story indicating Motherwell fans were out to extract revenge for the way Leeds fans had been treated at an FC cup-tie at Ninian Park.

Large turnout of SS that day and there were indeed several clashes before and after the match. OB were kept very busy that afternoon.

Being an old man myself, I wasn't involved, however in July 2002 Motherwell played Cardiff City in a pre-season friendly at Fir Park, (1-0 Adams). With Motherwell having a strong Leeds Utd allegiance, Friday's Sun featured a front page story indicating Motherwell fans were out to extract revenge for the way Leeds fans had been treated at an FC cup-tie at Ninian Park.

Large turnout of SS that day and there were indeed several clashes before and after the match. OB were kept very busy that afternoon.

correct

Name and shame :mellow:

True that.

Gav, maybe not so popular now, (Leeds are not the attraction they used to be), but I was aware of it during 70's/80's/90's .... Leeds seemed to have a large following amongst Motherwell fans, much more so than Man-U or Liverpool back then. I used to travel down regularly with the Motherwell Whites.

Not sure about others but for me, my 1st exposure to the English game from what I can remember was the 1970 FA Cup Final (in those days that was the live game on tv, not the Scottish cup final taking place on same day). Anyway, Leeds seemed to be portrayed as underdogs and this young lad kinda liked the white strip with the sock flashes and my realisation that they had a very strong Scottish influence cemented my attraction. Bremner, Lorimer, Harvie, Gray, Jordan, McQueen, Gray jnr, Stewart, etc., and the rest is history.

Yep i seem to remember the Hup Lee having to close as there were so many clashes outside it, which were dispersed by mounted police charges.

Yep i seem to remember the Hup Lee having to close as there were so many clashes outside it, which were dispersed by mounted police charges.

Your nose will get bigger telling lies like that!!! The police horse that was assaulted may disagree, but, hardly a punch thrown in anger all day... not for the want of trying mind B-)

Your nose will get bigger telling lies like that!!! The police horse that was assaulted may disagree, but, hardly a punch thrown in anger all day... not for the want of trying mind B-)

I'm honestly lost :D whats this about the horse.

I was away to Aberdeen that day and when i got back the Hup lee had just reopened (that's what the guy behind the counter said) he also said there had been police horses charges down the street, as he was there have no reason to disbelieve him.

Aynho whats this about the horse???

Aynho whats this about the horse???

Well, have you seen Blazing Saddles? Mongo knocks the horse of it's feet? Similar episode round the side of Glencairn school! :P

Absolutely no need for the Hup Lee to close for the reasons given, definitely a case of Chinese whispers that story. As we were walked back towards the town centre, the police horses went ahead of us. As Cardiff were on their way to Airbles Station we decided to hot foot it down one of the lanes into the car park at the rear and make our way there when the grand national lookalikeys reappeared. Case closed, only managed a beer in the War Office after that.