Motherwell Fans @ The New Cardiff City Ground Tonight

Ger CCFC

So, what's the new stadium like then ? Do the locals approve ? Will it embrace top flight football before too long ? What's to happen to Ninian Park ?

New ground is top, alot better than ninian park, better acoustics, alot better bars, views ets. Hopefully we will top flight football there soon. Ninian Park was sold to a housing firm, the stands are going to be knocked down within the next few weeks and there will be houses there. I'm glad it's going as I don't want to see the old ground still standing and nothing been done to it unlike the vetch(scums ground) which still stands 6 years on

Good to see a few Motherwell shirts making a weekend of their trip to Wales. Walked passed a few by the ticket office before tonights friendly with Chasetown. They were in the grange end stand with quite a few Cardiff fans singing and standing. Shame I didn't get a chance to have a beer with them.

Not sure if any of you post on here but hope you enjoyed your trip to the ground.

That was us! We were in the Canton Stand standing and singing. Had no idea what to do when the whole stand started chanting "do the ayatollah Motherwell" ;) But we got it in the end.

Cracking stadium and I was really chuffed with the reception we got from the Cardiff fans :)

That was us! We were in the Canton Stand standing and singing. Had no idea what to do when the whole stand started chanting "do the ayatollah Motherwell" ;) But we got it in the end.

Cracking stadium and I was really chuffed with the reception we got from the Cardiff fans :)

So will the Ayatollah be part of the Station Sound stage show from now on.

And what is it anyway?

So will the Ayatollah be part of the Station Sound stage show from now on.

And what is it anyway?

From Wikipedia...

Performing the Ayatollah is done by having both hands flat pointing towards each other raised above your head and repeatedly moving them up and down in a patting motion.

It's not much, but if you don't do it they don't like you (as David Marshall found out!).

New stadium is a belter btw.

From Wikipedia...

It's not much, but if you don't do it they don't like you (as David Marshall found out!).

New stadium is a belter btw.

Haha was pretty funny when he got booed by the fans for not knowing/doing it. Normally when players sign with the club, as they walk through the doors, they're shown it straght away. Here's a video about the ayaotllah etc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7405620.stm

To be fair, as soon as we did it we were welcomed ;) Mad seeing everyone doing it, I'd no idea what was going on!

Also, Paul Quinn was outstanding :)

Haha when the ground is full, it's awesome just seeing everyone doing it. You going to venture down for any games during the season? Let me know and we can sort something out. Just before I seen you asking where to get tickets, I went nuts in the turnstyle as my season ticket card wasn't working in the scanner and the steward took the card off me and come back 10minutes later saying to go to the ticket office, this was when I seen you