3rd Qualifying Round Seeds Pot...

faddythedaddy

Might be true, might not be

SECTION 3

Seeds:

Hamburg (Germany)

Rosenborg (Norway) or Garabag Agdam (Azerbaijan)

Fulham (England)

Brondby (Denmark) or Floria Tallinn (Estonia)

MSK Zlina (Slovakia) or Dacia Chisinau (Moldova)

Non-Seeds include:

Motherwell or Flamurtari Vlore

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SECTION 3

Seeds:

Hamburg (Germany)

Fulham (England)

Non-Seeds include:

azerbaijan would be my trip of choice :D

SECTION 3

Seeds:

Hamburg (Germany)

Fulham (England)

Non-Seeds include:

Hamburg would be nice!

Other possible 3rd round opponents include Bruges, Lille, PSV, Roma, Bilbao.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_L...2009%E2%80%9310

If you get past the Albanians, I hope you get the easiest possible draw in the third qualifying round, and Hamburg would be anything but. Qualification for the competition proper would be a big achievement and a nice moneyspinner, but a tie against a side like Hmaburg would make that impossible. Leave the big names for the post-qualification phase.

If you get past the Albanians, I hope you get the easiest possible draw in the third qualifying round, and Hamburg would be anything but. Qualification for the competition proper would be a big achievement and a nice moneyspinner, but a tie against a side like Hmaburg would make that impossible. Leave the big names for the post-qualification phase.

Can't agree with that, Hamburg would be a great draw especially as the final will eventually be played there.

Don't think we'd have much chance of reaching the group stages anyway.

Kinda strange that we will know who we may get in the next round half way through this round :D

I know very little about Flumantari and the standard of play. I have seen odds that suggest we should win through, but it will be tough going IMHO - especially in the first leg. Certainly if we were to lose the first leg we would NEED an away goal.

In all honesty as an unseeded team from here on in there is b#gger all chance we will get to the group stages IMHO. We will be up against teams from the Premiership, Serie A and the Bundesleague or however it is spelt.

I would settle for a win over Flumatari and a draw against Fulham :lol:

This is fucking magic, having a European game every week. Certainly much better than the standard pre season friendlies against English dross.

Roll on Thursday :O

Totally agree.

Dont know about anyone else but this has been one of the most eventful and one of the best pre-seasons that i can remember. Heres hoping a few more signings pop in and make it even better.

Rome would be unbelievable though and surely the best team we've ever played?
Competitively, probably. We did play a very decent Liverpool and a very decent Ajax side in friendlies.

Of course Borussia Dortmund were a pretty good team too.

Totally agree.

Dont know about anyone else but this has been one of the most eventful and one of the best pre-seasons that i can remember. Heres hoping a few more signings pop in and make it even better.

I would agree with you on that. Plus these games are competitive games and not pointless kickabouts. I would prefer for us to be drawn with "easier" teams to give us a better chance into getting to the group stages but I would love having Roma at Fir Park assuming we will be playing there in the 3rd round IF we beat Flamurtari

This is fucking magic, having a European game every week. Certainly much better than the standard pre season friendlies against English dross.

Spot on! It's been tremendous so far, and hopefully more of the same to come!

Of course, the St. Mirren fans on P&B will continue to try and claim they were delighted to miss out on the Europa place, and that it's all just worthless nonsense! :O

from the darkest recesses of my mind i'm sure someone in wales told me our new away kit wasn't going to be claret but they couldn't say what colour it actually was.

in the europa league i'd ideally want a winnable game but there would be no complaints about hamburg.

Is it not 3rd qualifying round then Playoff round as well? So in theory we would have to win three more rounds to reach the group stage?

I'm enjoying it as well! Though in friendlies you can make as many subs as you want so everyone gets match sharpness which we cannot do now obviously, but in terms of fan excitement this has been the best pre season I can remember!