3rd Qualifying Round Seeds Pot...

faddythedaddy

Ujpest 2-0 down

Bronby 1-0 defeat at home ( sounds familiar) :)

Tromso and Minsk was 0-0

I don't really care who we get as long as we get through to play them. However Vienna start in their league next week and should be prepared and CSKA finished their season in June and start sometime in August.

Bulgaria looks the good option

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the potential destinations fill me with excitement. However, none of them should intimidate us either. I reckon we can do the business next Thursday and have a right good chance of progressing to the play-off. Certainly not counting chickens, but I'm quietly optimistic.

None of the potential destinations fill me with excitement. However, none of them should intimidate us either. I reckon we can do the business next Thursday and have a right good chance of progressing to the play-off. Certainly not counting chickens, but I'm quietly optimistic.

What he said...

For my own selfish reasons I'm quite content with the possible opposition.

No chance of me making an away jaunt so I would have been incredibly envious if we had drawn one of the big guns. Nevertheless, there are some nice options in there for those looking to make the trip.

if we beat this Albanian mob and bring in a couple of signings I'd expect us to give most of these teams a right good game.

None of the potential destinations fill me with excitement.

It's not like Nancy is up there with Vegas but we still had a vintage time there.

Vienna = Beer Halls & Austrian Burds = MINT

Budapest = Meant to be a great city, outside Euro so cheap as chips and possible trip via Amsterdam = MINT

Brøndby = Danish burds = MINT

Bucharest & Sofia & Tromsø = should be a great adventure = MINT

FC Flora & Dinamo Minsk - jury is out

It's not like Nancy is up there with Vegas but we still had a vintage time there.

True, good point. In a way I prefer obscure locations, but from a football point of view, if we're not going to make the group stages then you want to see your team playing against the Roma and PSVs of this world. However, I am certainly not complaining. Any Motherwell Euro tie is a blessing.

I would get seriously excited if we got Ujpest. Budapest is a fantastic city to visit - and easy to get to. We'd need 3-4 new players added to the squad to give us a realistic chance though.

And a pint can be had for around 60p if you go in the right places.