3rd Qualifying Round Seeds Pot...

faddythedaddy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, people. Should we get past the Albanians, will the second leg of the third round be at Fir Park? Just wondering given that we were planning to play on it a couple of days later?
Not according to JB's last interview. He said there would be no games played on it before the first league game.

Not according to JB's last interview. He said there would be no games played on it before the first league game.

If we got through, and with the game being reasonably close to the first league game in any case I'd like to think we'd alter that plan. That's assuming it wouldn't be particularly detrimental to the pitch to do so, and I'd have to guess it wouldn't be, considering it'll have been down a fair while by then.

Considering the quality of opposition, I'd hope we would have it at Fir Park.

May well be down to the scoreline from the 1st leg.

If we have a chance (similar to Nancy) and a packed Fir Park could well make the difference.

And the chance to clinch a place in the PlayOff Round. This may mean a change of venue.

Whereas if we are pumped 3/4/5-0 then no point risking the state of the pitch and Airdrie can be there for the 2nd leg pre-season friendly.

As Lobey_Dosser stated earlier on, for selfish reasons - given that I'm stuffed for getting the time off - I was hoping for a team just about far away enough and awkward enough that it wouldn't be one I might regret missing for the rest of my puff. Granted we've had a few games now in Europe but they will always remain something to cherished and never taken for granted so to miss any of them is sore.

So to get that far away enough location and that they turn out to be former European Champions has left me pretty excited about the prospect of facing them if can see off the Albanians next Thursday.

They aren't perhaps the team the may have been but its a potential tie with a fair bit of prestiege attached to it.

Mon the 'Well!!

EDIT: I am ofcourse making the assumption that it is Steaua who go through and not Upjest

:D Hi Guys and greetings from romania , i am an Star Bucharest fan , and we hope we will play with your interesting team next , that is if we manage to flush out the hungarians first , but if we managed to beat them with 1 man off from the first half that should be easy , ok that is all i think , if you wan't information about Steaua you can ask me , because my team is the best from romania , last year we had some problems but now we recovered , cheers and i hope we will have some good games :rolleyes: (sorry if i have some gramatical mistakes)

This aint the Steaua of old. It's a team who are quite some distance from that side, and if we get by Thursday I believe it'll be a lot closer than some seem to think. Keep believing!

I always felt if we got through the first two games we'd have done well. Nothings changed. I don't think Steaua will embarass us though and we need to make sure Fir Park is spot on for the SPL, JB said mid August, that should remain the target and the idea of playing Steaua because of who they are at FP is silly as it was always going to be a biggish name this time out. But lets not run before we walk, Thursday is doable but it is also very tough.