Can We Do It?

Neil

Can we turn the tie around?  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Having seen the game and the opposition, will we win?

• Yes
    • No

From what I saw of the game we didn't look that bad. We should have put the penalty away (never should have been a pen though), and Sutton had a good chance, so I'm not too discouraged since we have another week for the team to gel and for Gannon to get the guys ready.

Most of us would have been happy with a close result considering we didn't know much about the oppositon, and I'm quite confident we'll beat them at our adopted home.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think next weeks match will be very different from what we seen today. If we can get an early goal then we will surely have the upper hand on the match. Motherwell fans will be far more intimidating for the Albanians. Flamurtari wont have the nerve to finish off the game. Huge motherwell support behind the team and we can easily come out on top 2-0!!!! B-)

True.

Key point "an early goal".

I think if we can hold you guys back the first 20 minutes or so, then you'll lose patience. it's very common.

And if first half is still tied then, we have a better chance of actually winning the game.

so yeah a first half goal in the early minutes of the game will most probably dismantle our team.

Oh yeah one last point 10 fans u had in the stadium today that was pathetic and u are supposed to be a big club

B-) I love this post! That would be the same 10 fans I could hear chanting over the Albanian commentator and the Flamytarti fans.

And in Albanian:

Flibbety wimpy wopple poppadop dippery flarty pump.

Google that Stavros.

B-) I love this post! That would be the same 10 fans I could hear chanting over the Albanian commentator and the Flamytarti fans.

And in Albanian:

Flibbety wimpy wopple poppadop dippery flarty pump.

Google that.

I take it you have little babies. cuz none would ever write that much organised gibberish. lol

lol. you did get "Albanian" right, but you missed Flamurtari.

I'm out. i'll check back tomorrow to get updates from both sides. If you need anything translated let me know.

Really? I thought there was a wild-card available 24 hours before each leg. To cover an injury etc

I think that Humphrey was registered on time but JG felt it was unfair on the player to take him at such short notice. If that's the case he will be ok for next week hopefully.

I think that Humphrey was registered on time but JG felt it was unfair on the player to take him at such short notice. If that's the case he will be ok for next week hopefully.

Is the wild card deadline not for the tie as a whole as opposed to each leg?

I thought as Humphrey wasn't submitted in the squad that made him ineligible for the whole tie.

Is the wild card deadline not for the tie as a whole as opposed to each leg?

I thought as Humphrey wasn't submitted in the squad that made him ineligible for the whole tie.

If he was registered yesterday I would have thought that would automatically make him a squad player even though he did not travel. I don't know though, just guessing.

I know we can do it but I have a feeling we wont due to lacking a cutting edge up front. I think the majority of 'well fans are being far too cocky and if we lose a goal next thursday we're fucked.

If he was registered yesterday I would have thought that would automatically make him a squad player even though he did not travel. I don't know though, just guessing.

Had to check myself and according to the BBC article he was not registered in time

Click

Even without him though - and bearing in mind he is still an unknown quantity at this point, I am confident we can turn the tie around.

I'm with FTD on this one, I'm not confident. It's not that Flumintari are great, it's just that we aren't either.

You got your ticket for next week? If you have give it to someone else. The players don't need that sort of attitude coming from the fans next week when we badly need a result.

Fair enough. I apologise for that. Just I've seen some bad comments people today and its pissed me right off. Just don't like the negativity that goes on around on the forum.

By all means be negative if we get knocked out next week but there is still another leg to go and we are very capable of getting through.

Fair enough. I apologise for that. Just I've seen some bad comments people today and its pissed me right off. Just don't like the negativity that goes on around on the forum.

By all means be negative if we get knocked out next week but there is still another leg to go and we are very capable of getting through.

Will be annoying next week if we go in at half time without a goal or worse loose an early one. Cant have fans turning on the team ... everybody needs to be fully encouraging the them for the full 90mins.

So what happened tonight then?

What an arrogant statement.

As things stand, you've a chase on to make that one come true.

Are you saying your team has never come from behind? Are you saying that you have never lost to a team who isn't as good as your team? Do you not think a team playing at home normally has an advantage? Why did your team commit more than twice as many fouls as us - was it because they were scared when we had possession?

I watched the game today and I thought we played better than your team for 70 out of the 90 minutes. I know when we play next week it won't be 40 degrees, and we will be playing on a nice surface and in front of a noisy crowd. That will be to our advantage.

Aren't you being arrogant when you think you have the tie won at half time? If you beat us and qualify for the next round, then congratulations. However, I prefer to see the final result before I start posting insults on other fans' websites.