Forward Planning Letting Us Down Again ?

stevie

Gannon also pointed to Motherwell's travel plans and the 38C heat - Stuchlik stopped the game for two minutes in each half to allow the players to drink water - as mitigating factors in their defeat.

The Well squad only arrived in Albania late on Wednesday night and their three-hour bus journey from Tirana ended just two hours before kick-off.

"It was difficult circumstances and preparations," Gannon said.

A thought after the nancy fiasco motherwell fc would have learned a lesson but it seems forwarding planning seems to have cost us once again ?

A thought after the nancy fiasco motherwell fc would have learned a lesson but it seems forwarding planning seems to have cost us once again ?

:lol:

Eh, or maybe they had planned for the players to sit and relax/train or spend as little time as possible in the heat?

A was getting at the point that the players arriving 2 hours before the game most amatuer teams arriving earlier than this,maybe an extra day would also have helped them get used to the heat they were going to endure

Where would they train in that extra day? They wouldn't be able to because of the heat.

The most sensible thing to do was to spend as little time as possible in the place, which is what Motherwell have done. If it was Man U i'm sure they would have done the same.

Where would they train in that extra day? They wouldn't be able to because of the heat.

The most sensible thing to do was to spend as little time as possible in the place, which is what Motherwell have done. If it was Man U i'm sure they would have done the same.

At the ground ,that's what most teams seem to do also if you read the article correctly you will see that this was said by jim cannon ,am sure he is the best Man to say what the team requires , No ?

Stop moanin this is just competitive pre season training and any progress towards the group stages is a bonus. Some folk FFS???????????????????????????????????????????????????

I didn't say you wouldn't need an extra day all I was saying is it would have helped
And I'm saying it wouldn't B-) If you don't go through the full aclimatisation process of about a week you end up just tiring yourself out in the heat, with no recovery time. So an extra day could have been detrimental.

Do they usually play at that time in albania or do they play at night when it's cooler?

Flumetntari don't have floodlights, hence the reason for the early kick off.

The club probably didn't get everything 100% right, but under the circumnstances; in and straight back out was probably the right option.

Stopping the game after 25 minutes of each half for rehydration in extreme temperatures (above 30 dgreesC) is pretty normal in most leagues, except of course in the UK.

In 20 years of playing amateur football, I have never had a ref stop the game for a water break, and we regularly played in 30 + C temperatures. This would not be considered extreme temperatures over here....just a normal summer. In a tournament I remember playing 2 games in 1 day in 35 C heat and never got a break from the ref !!!

I have never seen a ref do this in any football match in North America but I guess we are just more used to this type of heat than in parts of Europe. I think it is a great idea though not only for health reasons but it should improve performances. As has been mentioned, the only good thing this ref did !!

Flumetntari don't have floodlights, hence the reason for the early kick off.

The club probably didn't get everything 100% right, but under the circumnstances; in and straight back out was probably the right option.

And Uefa worry about the number of seats in dugouts and people STANDING at matches....but no floodlights isn't an issue?

Haha. Moanmoanmoanmoanmoanmoanmoanmoanmoan.

What was a fiasco about Nancy? Grow some stanes, accept that we're a bit pish and will always be a bit pish and cheer the fuck up.