The More Things Change

fatcalf

If I'd known the book was going to dredge up petty issues from the past and report a one-sided dig at FirParkCorner FC, I'd have spent my tenner elsewhere.

I resisted the strong urge to fire said book straight in the bin when I read that part, and will finish the read, but not been an enjoyable experience thus far.

Frazzle

If I'd known the book was going to dredge up petty issues from the past and report a one-sided dig at FirParkCorner FC, I'd have spent my tenner elsewhere.

I resisted the strong urge to fire said book straight in the bin when I read that part, and will finish the read, but not been an enjoyable experience thus far.

Frazzle

Excellent way to drum up more interest in the book :blink:

"Petty" issues from the past are why the clubs got a shitty reputation right now

If I'd known the Trust representatives just want to brush it all under the carpet I wouldn't have wasted my money on joining the Trust

Take the book as Is a final chapter in a series, An Enjoyable read so far

There was a bit of a childish slanging match between FirParkCorner FC and WTFC when the latter started up. It started because in the WTFCs first game, against FPC, one of their players (who shall remain nameless) headbutted the quietest, most inoffensive guy (again, nameless) in our team in an unprovoked attack.

Without going over old ground, there was then tit-for-tat nonsense on both messageboards for quite a while afterwards, which was as boring for those involved as it was for all the 'Well fans who had to read it.

Throughout all of this, myself and fatcalf (in my mind anyway) maintained a reasonable relationship and rose above the nonsense. However, I now find that, using a medium which casts a potentially wide net, and which allows me no response, he has painted a picture of FPC and WTFC which is entirely unfair.

I'm not going to allow any bilge to start up again - I was very angry when I first read the bit in the book. Now, upon reflection, I'm just disappointed in the author.

Frazzle