Travelling To Bucharest For 3rd Round

well4eva

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting well ahead of myself here , but are there any other options except flying directly to Bucharest?

For instance if it was saving us a fair bit of money I'd be happy to fly elsewhere and get on a train.

i looked into that last week mate, was even considering one of the train tickets i used to travel europe last year but it's still right expensive.

Was down at Ujpest's ground earlier getting my tickets for the game tomorrow and got interviewed by Romanian TV (Pro2).

They wanted to know about Willie McStay and how bad the Ujpest fans were?

When they found out that I supported Motherwell, they wanted to know how much trouble the Motherwell fans would be in Bucharest :lol:

Allegedly at the last round in Bucharest the Steaua fans had a large banner stating:

"How long can a Hungarian women hold a shite in? Nine Months"

Any of the Romanians on the forum will have a laugh tonight, I'm not cut out for TV.

Was down at Ujpest's ground earlier getting my tickets for the game tomorrow and got interviewed by Romanian TV (Pro2).

Any of the Romanians on the forum will have a laugh tonight, I'm not cut out for TV.

Check you, international TV Star, and I though you had the face for Radio !! <_<

They wanted to know about Willie McStay and how bad the Ujpest fans were?

When they found out that I supported Motherwell, they wanted to know how much trouble the Motherwell fans would be in Bucharest :lol:

Allegedly at the last round in Bucharest the Steaua fans had a large banner stating:

"How long can a Hungarian women hold a shite in? Nine Months"

:lol::lol::lol::wacko:

Anyone else noticed how the prices have went up for the potential trip to Bucharest?

I've went from having a plan for flights and accomodation for just less than £300 to looking at closer to £400 now :wacko:

You can still get it for 200 quid mate try Travelsupermarket.com for flights and booking.com for hotels

The flights i was looking at before i was told my boss that i couldnt get time off was flying from Glasgow to Luton then flights from Luton to Bucharest via Amsterdam. Same route both ways and all in costed about £175. Not sure whether the prices will have increased since I last checked but i was really considering it!

Never a truer word spoken.

Are you guys heading out this way, if we get a result tomorrow? Don't think Pete was too sure.

Me and my boy are thinking about coming over, i'll need to get home on the Friday as i'm off to Berlin on the sat at 6am, then from there to Oslo on the tue to the sat, for the Scotland game what a 12 days, bring it on...was thinking about coming out on the mon to fri much do you think i'd need for me and my boy as things ar getting tight, ruff guess......

Oh my. :D

...and the burd reading the news is lovely too. :O

If it wasn't for Andy Harrow/Ujpest Ultra, I'd still be in Nancy (yon Irish bar next to the train station) trying to work out what the French for "chips" was. :D

I have vague recollections of that?

Jesus, can't rememeber. Apple of ground, ma dug telt me.

Think I need to lay off the booze, brush up on my acting skills and not wear ill fitting clothes.

Ultras, I saw the banner on the TV the other day, your right it could give you a lot of trouble, but it was highly funny! You probably could have seen it from space.

Good luck tonight.

Me and my boy are thinking about coming over, i'll need to get home on the Friday as i'm off to Berlin on the sat at 6am, then from there to Oslo on the tue to the sat, for the Scotland game what a 12 days, bring it on...was thinking about coming out on the mon to fri much do you think i'd need for me and my boy as things ar getting tight, ruff guess......

Much depends, if Ujpest win through (unlikely) you'll need more for hotels in Budapest as it is a major city break destination, about a €100 per night min, plus beer money. Prices of food and drink vary, but will always be cheaper than the UK.

Bucharest will be much cheaper, you'll get decent accomodation for around the €60 mark and food and drink will be cheaper, but again it would depend where you go.

Like all places, if you hit the tourist haunts you'll get ripped off.

Travel wise is anyones guess, getting to Budapest would be very easy, Bucharest a little more challenging. Both Bucharest and Budapest have two airports with a mix of scheduled and low cost airlines.

If flights are proving a challenge for Bucharest and cost is more important than time, you could look at going through Italy (or Spain) as Romanian language is a latin based language and is therefore hugely popular with the Italians and Spaniards.

Both places are safe by western standards, Hungarians can be a little grumpy, Romanians are really friendly.

Hope this helps

Andy, how much do you know about Romania ? I'm impressed :whistling: Anyway , I'm hoping for a good game , our team is young and inexperienced so it will be a tough game for sure . If we play for a draw, we will get eaten alive . Our confidence isn't that great , score one goal early and it's anyone's game . Good luck to you too

Andy, how much do you know about Romania ? I'm impressed :whistling: Anyway , I'm hoping for a good game , our team is young and inexperienced so it will be a tough game for sure . If we play for a draw, we will get eaten alive . Our confidence isn't that great , score one goal early and it's anyone's game . Good luck to you too

I spend quote a lot of time in Romania (working) usually Oradea, Timisoara, Arad and Cluj. Have been down in Bucharest several times and even got as far as Constanta.

I think a draw or an Ujpest win tonight, but not enough to overturn the 2-0. I just hope that Motherwell can beat Flamuntari so we get set up a good game for the next round.

I work in Ujpest and I understand the "Bulldogs" are planning something special for tonight in retaliation for last weeks banner. Could be interesting for sure.