Spl Press Release

SCDave

The SPL Board yesterday considered the findings of the enquiries into the postponements at Rugby Park and Fir Park on 6 December.

It was agreed that there was prima facie evidence of a breach of the SPL Rules by Kilmarnock FC. But the Board noted that there had been no similar incidents at Kilmarnock in the last five years. In these circumstances, no proceedings will be commenced against Kilmarnock FC who have received a warning from the SPL Board. The club will also be required to provide detailed information on its working practices in respect of their undersoil heating system going forward.

The Board also agreed that there was prima facie evidence of a breach by Motherwell FC. Motherwell FC was warned in relation to the condition of its pitch last season and as a result the club will be required to respond to charges that it has breached SPL Rules H6.5 and H6.6.

The Board hearing will take place in the New Year.

An SPL spokesman said: "Clearly everyone wants to see our games going ahead as scheduled. Clubs have a responsibility to make sure that their undersoil heating systems are in working order and used correctly to avoid call offs in the cold winter weather."

From Killie Fishal Site

No matter how much we try to gloss over this problem , it is a disgrace that the club did not solve the pitch problems over the summer.

They have left themselves open to the problem and will now need to deal with the consequences. As a Motherwell fan of course I do not want to see the club suffer , but I do agree with the folk on Pie and Bovril who argue that we have had a fair few chances in the past.

We have not learned from last years mistake and should be suitably punished.

If it was supposed to be working, and it failed in the way the club claims it failed, then I'm sure we will have a good case against whoever fixed it (with appropriate penalty clauses in the contract).

If we told porkies, then it could end up costing us dearly.

I was about to say the same thing Wee Yin. Also, the game was called off at 12 o clock, and Mcghee (I think it was him anyway) had said that the groundstaff would have had the small patch ready and playable before kickoff time. If that is true, then it sounds like the Ref that called it off just had it in for us or fancied the day off.

I was about to say the same thing Wee Yin. Also, the game was called off at 12 o clock, and Mcghee (I think it was him anyway) had said that the groundstaff would have had the small patch ready and playable before kickoff time. If that is true, then it sounds like the Ref that called it off just had it in for us or fancied the day off.

Nonsense, I take it you have forgotten the outcry when the midweek Sellik game was called off amongst others when we kept saying we would get the pitch ready in time

The ground was clearly frozen solid during the inspection and there is no way fans should be expected to travel not knowing if a game is on or not.

12 o'clock was appropriate that day earlier inspections should be enforced for further travelled fans.

there is no doubt the game should have been off that day, the only doubt is in why the pitch was unplayable.

If it was supposed to be working, and it failed in the way the club claims it failed, then I'm sure we will have a good case against whoever fixed it (with appropriate penalty clauses in the contract).

If we told porkies, then it could end up costing us dearly.

Exactly Wee Yins.

A most peculiar statement from the SPL. Surely its the nature of the problem that is the important issue here and not the number of times games have been postponed recently? Last season, most if not all our cancellations were the result of poor drainage. On this basis, and in theory, games put off due to high winds would also be taken into account. This year its a frozen pitch.

Now I could understand it if MFC was deemed to be negligent in some way i.e. there has been a recurring technical problem which the club has ignored or the club has not switched the USH on at all on several occasions.

A further investigation may well be warranted but the SPL's published justification doesn't hold water (pardon the pun).

Nonsense, I take it you have forgotten the outcry when the midweek Sellik game was called off amongst others when we kept saying we would get the pitch ready in time

The ground was clearly frozen solid during the inspection and there is no way fans should be expected to travel not knowing if a game is on or not.

12 o'clock was appropriate that day earlier inspections should be enforced for further travelled fans.

there is no doubt the game should have been off that day, the only doubt is in why the pitch was unplayable.

hey, I am only saying what was reported. I didn't see the patch that was frozen so if you did then you are already a step ahead of me and will have a better idea on its condition, but I do believe if there was any way that they could have gotten the game on then they should have been given the chance. You don't need to tell me about early inspections for further travelled fans, I would have been happy for a 2pm inspection if there was a chance it could have gone ahead and I have a 100 mile round trip for each home game.

Only the club will know the true efficiency of the Undersoil Heating System, the covers/balloon etc. and what really happened with the postponement and I'm sure they'll present their case accordingly.

Overall though I don't think its unreasonable that we have to face the authorities to explain.

What I would say though is that in terms of avoiding or lessening any fine I would definitely plead poverty as much as they can in terms of how much money they lost that weekend as a result of the postponement, how it'll cost them with a reduced crowd for the replay, the costs for programmes, hospitality, stewarding costs etc. Basically tell the SPL that a fine is only going to pour salt into our wounds........and hope for the best, really.