Hat-tricks

WONDERWELL

Not too many to chose from.

The first one I remember was Tommy Coyne (mid/late 90's)netting 3 against kilmarnock.

The only other one I witnessed was Owen Coyle netting thrice against Morton in a cup game.

I forget the year; 97 or 98 I think. My memory has Coyle hitting an absolute screamer from near the half-way line going in off the bar.....However, my memory is known to recall things as being more spectacular than they really were....probably rolled off his arse from the 6 yard box. :blink:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porter last season, did Clarky not score one a few seasons ago? I remember it was dark, so it was either in the winter or a midweek game, and I think it was against Dundee Utd.

However, Faddy's against Livingston stands out the most. I had only just started going to the gaes, so I don't really remember much, but it was that hat-trick and in particular his third goal where he ripped half their team a new arsehole that hooked me for life at Fir Park. :blink:

Porter last season, did Clarky not score one a few seasons ago? I remember it was dark, so it was either in the winter or a midweek game, and I think it was against Dundee Utd.

However, Faddy's against Livingston stands out the most. I had only just started going to the gaes, so I don't really remember much, but it was that hat-trick and in particular his third goal where he ripped half their team a new arsehole that hooked me for life at Fir Park. :blink:

Pretty sure Clarkson's hat-trick was against United, and if memory serves the following week we played St. Johnstone in the cup with Clarky netting a double and McDonald scoring on his debut.

Faddy's hat-trick was superb. I seem to remember his first being a tap in after a rebound, followed by the cheeky wee chipped penalty? And then the third goal when he picked the ball up inside his own half and tore the entire Livi side to pieces!

David Ferrere in the second half against Hibernian on his debut stands out for me.

Ah gave the programme for that game, signed 3 times by Ferrere as a prize in a sports quiz ran by Fatcalf ages ago. Anyone on here win it ?

Brian McClair against the h**s. Can't remember the year . also did Kirky not score 4 in one match

Remember that game very well. It was in January 1983( couldv'e been 84) and we absolutely humped them that day although they claimed the 3rd goal was an o.g. by the left back, can't remember his name ( McKinnon springs to mind). We beat Smellic a few days later with McLair getting a double then he was off to the tattie munchers for a ridiculously low price of £75,000 I think

Fererre's was great, with three identical finishes (I think). It is even more special since it turned out he was actually shite. I'm gutted I can't find any video of it online though.

Coyne's against Killie was nice, expecially the one he scored from the Kille throw-in. I think that this was also the game that Softie scored a free kick.

I'm destined never to see a 'Well hat-trick in the flesh.

I was working some (rare) overtime the day Ferrere scored his (Feb 2002), was on my stag do in Aberdeen when Faddy got his (May 2003), and was away for a post-new year party when Clarkson got his (Jan 2004).

One of these days I'll be there.

Remember that game very well. It was in January 1983( couldv'e been 84) and we absolutely humped them that day although they claimed the 3rd goal was an o.g. by the left back, can't remember his name ( McKinnon springs to mind). We beat Smellic a few days later with McLair getting a double then he was off to the tattie munchers for a ridiculously low price of £75,000 I think

Yeah it was over a holiday weekend i think, game on the Sat. and one on the Mon.

Was Ian St John's no against Hearts or Hibs? Also, was it not a world record at the time 3 and a half minutes or something?

As for ones that I was alive to see. The most satisfying has got to be Faddy's and the least is John Spencer's because we still got beat!!

Incidentally is there any videos out there of Faddy's hat-trick against Livi.

Another thing I actually thought John Sutton scored the 3rd against Llanelli and didn't know until the way doon the road that he never scored the Hat-trick. I was telling everyone that asked me as well. It must have been that booze cause Murphy and Sutton look nothing alike :lol:

That David Ferrere one was immense, i think they were all identical too!!

The David Clarkson one against Dundee Utd, when I think he may have only been 19ish was a cracker!

But my favourite one of all time is Faddys one against Livi, was just a McFadden show and i believe Berti Vogts went to the game to watch him, he also took the armband that game too <3 ledge! The peno :lol: