Hat-tricks

WONDERWELL

I don't think Faddy's hat-trick game was Coach's debut, I'm sure he made it against Aberdeen in the November of that season, however I do remember it being Kenny Wright's debut and he had a flash of brilliance, looked as if he was going to score, until Lasley nicked it for his second!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarkson's hat trick against Dundee Utd in January '04 was one of my favourite Motherwell games of the last decade. We were 0-1 down at half time and had barely kicked our own arses but we came out in the 2nd half and Clarkson turned it on big style and we ended up winning 3-1. His third goal was the best of the lot that day, he outpaced the defense, beat the last man and fired it past Paul Gallacher at his near post. This was also the game that Phil O'Donnell returned for his second spell as a Motherwell player so it really was a great day all round.

Was that not away against Partick?? Memory is gone, I'd be surprised if I was right.

I'm sure it was Falkirk. Did Stevie Kirk not score for them against us that day?

Plus, that would have been around about the time where we couldn't buy a win against Thistle so I'm sure it wasn't them.

edit: According to soccerbase, we beat Falkirk 5-3 at home on 8th October 1994, but it doesn't give the scorer details.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=238113

What was the game where TC scored two goals but missed two penalties. I think it was against Falkirk at Fir Park - think we won 5-2 or 5-3 ?

We won 5-3. John Clark scored two deflected free kicks and then a certain Frank McAvennie scored Falkirks 3rd in that game :notworthy:

I love Tommy Coyne but he wasn't great at pens was he?

And we beat Partick 3-1 not long after that.

Not sure whether it was true or not but I heard it said when he missed a penalty in the Scottish Cup against Dundee Utd - the one Softy equalised in the 94th minute - that it was the first penalty he had missed in his career.

We won 5-3. John Clark scored two deflected free kicks and then a certain Frank McAvennie scored Falkirks 3rd in that game :P

And we beat Partick 3-1 not long after that.

I remember John Lambie saying at half-time it had been the best football he'd ever seen from a team in his life. We absolutely hammered them and it was only through extreme luck and superb goalkeeping it was only three, the Billy Davies goal I seem to remember involved something like 18 passes without the opposition touching the ball until it was in the net! Coyne was a master, superb penalty taker who rarely missed, that Falkirk game was exceptional. His finishing was brilliant, always remember that goal against Shellic at Hampden in the 2-2 league draw. Only he could have thought that quickly.

Right everyone, whip-round time. Scoojy needs to miss the game this Thursday.

We can drop him off at the Newhouse Travel Inn with enough dough for a bite to eat, a couple of pints and a night's kip.

Guaranteed hatrick for, oooh, I'd say Lasley to get us into the next round of the Europa...

Scoojy - were you in Airdrie last night????