Motherwell Vs Ks Flamurtari

jonnymfc

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Motherwell and they don't do anything the easy way :lol:

Well actually we did away in Llanelli :P But you are right that is the exception rather than the rule.

Never saw much of the away game but we seemed to have nearly 60% possession away from home. That said they are an entirely different proposition from Llanelli and could have scored a couple more.

So I don't doubt we are probably the better team and had we got the away goal I would be 99% confident. As it is I say the tie is 50-50.

Simply because as all and sundry have stated we are still vulnerable at the back and Fraser looks far from the real deal.

I think we need to score 3 to go through. Will that happen - god only knows :P

If you were the boss, would you go for the jugular from the kick-off and try and blow them oot the water, or would you be a wee bit more cagey and hope to break them down later in the game?

for me it's "go for the jugular from the kick-off and try and blow them oot the water"

Just back from holiday in Sunny Beach Bulgaria and saw the game on Tring Sports in The Funny Bar with another couple of Motherwell fans from Shotts, (Alvin, etc). I though Motherwell looked really good for most of the game and there was a definate difference in our play. We actually looked like a continental team, with our style of movement and passing. Slane was again excellent. They were certainly better than the Welsh lot but we should have beaten them by a couple of goals.

Couldn't complain about their goal, great strike.

Anyway, if we play like we did over there we should go through pretty easily, if we play anything like as badly as we did at home in the last round we are fornicated.

I'm sure we will win but knowing us it will be drama. Hope we get that wee bit luck that deserted us in front of goal against Llanelli in Airdirie and also in Albania last week.

I must say this has been the most exciting pre season for me in many years. Hopefully Humprey and Jennings if selected do the biz.

I fancy we will win but i fear that they will get a vital away goal, hope that refs error in albania does not play an outcome. I would love to see us get a european game back at Fir Park.

Well actually we did away in Llanelli :P But you are right that is the exception rather than the rule.

Never saw much of the away game but we seemed to have nearly 60% possession away from home. That said they are an entirely different proposition from Llanelli and could have scored a couple more.

So I don't doubt we are probably the better team and had we got the away goal I would be 99% confident. As it is I say the tie is 50-50.

Simply because as all and sundry have stated we are still vulnerable at the back and Fraser looks far from the real deal.

I think we need to score 3 to go through. Will that happen - god only knows :ph34r:

But over the tie we didn't do it the easy way because we lost at home first! :P But I do know what you mean B-)

Flamurtari will do their best to kill the game I expect they'll be diving at the slightest touch and time waisting from the kick off. When we do get the ball expect some crunching tackles and if the ref's got no balls that will go on all game.

As for the well we'll struggle to pass the ball for a while but then find a rhythm if we score in the first half our heads will go up and I'm sure we'll get a second.

The Only question in my mind is can we stop them scoring on a break away?

I won't be at the game as I be setting up my tent in a very wet field for the WOMAD festival but I do my best to keep up to date on the scoreline.

Come on ye WELL!

If you were the boss, would you go for the jugular from the kick-off and try and blow them oot the water, or would you be a wee bit more cagey and hope to break them down later in the game?

I think we need to show some restraint especially in the early stages. Flamurtari are not a great team but they looked most dangerous on the counter attack. Even one close shave from Flamurtari would give them a huge boost in confidence and we saw the difference the missed penalty made in the first league.

Obviously we have to attack but I think we should be saying something like 'you've got 60 minutes to make it 1-0 so keep it tight then we can concentrate on getting the winner'.

We only need 1 goal to stay in the tie but if we concede its more or less over so its more important that we don't give away a goal.

Do we know who the ref's gonna be yet?

Someone i was talking to about it was saying that in the Europa League it might be the same referee who officiates both matches?

Can anyone clarify

I seriously hope its not that Fritz Stuchlik coont again :lol: