Motherwell Vs Ks Flamurtari

jonnymfc

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Jim O'Brien is not a right back and should never be played there again. Oh and we badly need a new keeper :P
Presumably, JG wasn't expecting much activity down O'Brien's side of the park and wanted an extra attacking option. I can't imagine he sees him playing there long term.

That was fucking briliant :D Excellent to see the younger players scoring all the goals, but felt quite sorry for big Sutton as he'd been knocking the ball on all night, but he can have his turn next week :D Very impressed with Slane and Forbes and I certainly wasnt expecting a hat-trick from Murphy :thumbup: Alson nice to see we're not afraid to have a shot now, instead of walking it into the net as we've been known to try before. All in all, a very very good night at the office and the future looks very bright :notworthy::notworthy:

Who the fuck is Mark McGhee :whistling:

C'mon the 'Well :notworthy:

That was fucking briliant :D Excellent to see the younger players scoring all the goals, but felt quite sorry for big Sutton as he'd been knocking the ball on all night, but he can have his turn next week :D Very impressed with Slane and Forbes and I certainly wasnt expecting a hat-trick from Murphy :thumbup: Alson nice to see we're not afraid to have a shot now, instead of walking it into the net as we've been known to try before. All in all, a very very good night at the office and the future looks very bright :notworthy::notworthy:

Who the fuck is Mark McGhee :whistling:

C'mon the 'Well :notworthy:

Was he not some striker who ONCE did something in europe??????? A LONG LONG LONG time ago. :D

Anyone out there beginning to feel a bit more optimistic about the coming season.OR

Is there some who still think we will be a bottom 6 dogfight.

WELL DONE LADS :whistling:

Yes, me. Tonight was superb and I take nothing away from the performance, but remember we were playing a very poor Albanian side and as good as it was to win 8-1, we've still got a bit to go yet. Our defending at times was poor especially in the second half and a better side could have put a few more past us. We still need to strengthen the squad aswell as we can't go with that side tonight through the entire season.

It was brilliant to see us put eight past that side tonight and I thoroughly enjoyed it and it is certainly promising for the new season, especially going by the performances of some of the youngsters out there tonight like Slane, Forbes, Murphy and McHugh, who were all excellent. I was particularly impressed with Paul Slane, he really does look like a player and a bit, but he is only young yet so we need to be patient. However, tonight does not give a pointer as to how our SPL campaign will go, but like I say, it was promising and very enjoyable.

Well done Gannon and the lads, that was a very good night's work. :notworthy:

Jim O'Brien...not a right back

Jim Gannon...Legend!

Unbelievable, flying the flag for Scotland in Europe..are you watching mcghee?? Your boy leitchy certainly was. August 29th Markus....we're doin your boys.

Well done Motherwell..its beer time!

Just back from the game.... That was a great performance. All the young boys were absolutely immense. Slane's goal was a cracker. Not seen a goal from a Motherwell player like that in ages! Murphy played a blinder with his hat trick. Good encouraging performances from Humprehys and Jennings - altough I though he looked a bit lost for the first 5-10 minutes.And to think I said to the missus before I went to game that it would probably be a late one as I expected the game to go to extra time and penalties.

Only real points of critiscm is I'm still not sure about Fraser and our central defence looked a bit shakey on a couple of occasions.

Jim O'Brien...not a right back

Jim Gannon...Legend!

Unbelievable, flying the flag for Scotland in Europe..are you watching mcghee?? Your boy leitchy certainly was. August 29th Markus....we're doin your boys.

Well done Motherwell..its beer time!

Was he in the crowd??

Probably will try and take the credit for the young guys breaking through tonight!!! :whistling:

I keep expecting to wake up and it was all a dream. Even now back from the game. I can't believe what I just witnessed!

The first surprise was the named team. The second surprise was the apparently 2-4-4 formation. Admittedly being fortunate not to be 2-0 down in the first couple of minutes wasn't such a surprise but then things went from surprising to wondrous to frankly unbelievable!

And the really great thing about the performance tonight was it wasn't the experienced hands that shone, or the new signings even, it was the young players.

Mike Fraser - 5 Not much to do but still had some butter finger moments.

Jim O'Brien - 4 Not really his fault but as a right back he was heart attack country, let's not do that again. Ever.

Stephen Craigan - 7 Had some tough clashes but bossed it.

Shaun Hutchinson - 6 A little rough around the edges and raw but did reasonably well and capped it off with a goal.

Mark Reynolds - 7 Looked quite comfortable in a left midfield/left back role.

Chris Humphrey - 5 Started off well but faded badly, should have buried an excellent chance in the early stages and went backwards from there.

Steve Jennings - 6 The opposite of Humphrey started off pretty ropey but looked more composed as the match went on.

Ross Forbes - 8 Great display tonight. If he can perform regularly to that standard, a first team place will be his.

Jamie Murphy - 8 The first half was maybe his best 45 minutes in a Well shirt. He's always had the ability but last season he looked lacking in confidence and frankly was going backwards. Greatly encouraged by his performance tonight, he's set a new standard now he has to match that each time he goes out there.

Paul Slane - 9 I don't think I've ever given a 9 before in the three or four seasons I've been scoring the players but Slane is my new hero. I fucking love this kid! He's got the technique, the pace, a good brain, he works hard, he's got a bit of aggro about him and what I loved most of all was his reaction to being subbed - you just knew he loved every minute of being out their in a Well shirt. Bravo, Mr Slane, bravo! MoM for the second time in two matches.

John Sutton - 6 Won the penalty and did a decent enough job tonight acting almost as a decoy while Murphy and Slane came in from the flanks.

Subs

Robert McHugh - 6 His goal was a gift but showed some promise with some intelligent runs.

Jonathan Page - 4 Came on to a dead match.

Keith Lasley - 5 Tigerish as usual but the match was over by that stage.

Pleased to see Reynolds given a run out at left back, seemed to have a pretty good preformance, getting forward on occasion. Jim O'Brien isn't a right back in a million years but coped tonight, just. Won't do for the league though.

Tonight also showed Gannon isnt afraid to chop and change the team to what he feels is right, dropping McGarry, Lasley and Hammell. I now think with the midfielders we have, McGarry might be shipped off soon and simply through lack of appearances, I think Darren Smith has no future with us but we still need more signings before we are in a position to let them go. Need a goalie as well, Fraser didnt fill me with confidence tonight.

I go to every game with my grandfather who has been watching Motherwell week in week out for 65+ years, and he made the comment tonight "keep going the way we are going with this team and this will be the best collection of youth since the Ancell Babes". As he often talks of that side I found that a very poignant comment.

Slane has the makings of the next Mcfadden, well played!!!

Mon the Well!

I keep expecting to wake up and it was all a dream. Even now back from the game. I can't believe what I just witnessed!

The first surprise was the named team. The second surprise was the apparently 2-4-4 formation. Admittedly being fortunate not to be 2-0 down in the first couple of minutes wasn't such a surprise but then things went from surprising to wondrous to frankly unbelievable!

And the really great thing about the performance tonight was it wasn't the experienced hands that shone, or the new signings even, it was the young players.

Mike Fraser - 5 Not much to do but still had some butter finger moments.

Jim O'Brien - 4 Not really his fault but as a right back he was heart attack country, let's not do that again. Ever.

Stephen Craigan - 7 Had some tough clashes but bossed it.

Shaun Hutchinson - 6 A little rough around the edges and raw but did reasonably well and capped it off with a goal.

Mark Reynolds - 7 Looked quite comfortable in a left midfield/left back role.

Chris Humphrey - 5 Started off well but faded badly, should have buried an excellent chance in the early stages and went backwards from there.

Steve Jennings - 6 The opposite of Humphrey started off pretty ropey but looked more composed as the match went on.

Ross Forbes - 8 Great display tonight. If he can perform regularly to that standard, a first team place will be his.

Jamie Murphy - 8 The first half was maybe his best 45 minutes in a Well shirt. He's always had the ability but last season he looked lacking in confidence and frankly was going backwards. Greatly encouraged by his performance tonight, he's set a new standard now he has to match that each time he goes out there.

Paul Slane - 9 I don't think I've ever given a 9 before in the three or four seasons I've been scoring the players but Slane is my new hero. I fucking love this kid! He's got the technique, the pace, a good brain, he works hard, he's got a bit of aggro about him and what I loved most of all was his reaction to being subbed - you just knew he loved every minute of being out their in a Well shirt. Bravo, Mr Slane, bravo! MoM for the second time in two matches.

John Sutton - 6 Won the penalty and did a decent enough job tonight acting almost as a decoy while Murphy and Slane came in from the flanks.

Subs

Robert McHugh - 6 His goal was a gift but showed some promise with some intelligent runs.

Jonathan Page - 4 Came on to a dead match.

Keith Lasley - 5 Tigerish as usual but the match was over by that stage.

Mate your post fills me full of hope for the future. It reminds me of when I first saw a young Faddy and could not stop raving about him.

Heres to the future.

Up The Well!!! :whistling::notworthy: