Motherwell Vs Ks Flamurtari

jonnymfc

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic. Forbes and Slane were excellent. Brilliant to see players with some pace. Felt sorry for Sutton but he contributed well tonight (Beautiful cushioned pass for Forbes goal).

As others have said, the only negative is the defence. The Goalkeeper looks to have no confidence.

I know that Craigan has a lot of supporters on here but I don't think he looks at all comfortable at the moment. I hope he finds his feet if Gannon can get the right person to play along side him. A better team would have caused us problems defensivly tonight and unfortunately Bucharest are a better team.

Reynolds looked comfortable at left back but the right back position needs filled asap.

Very impressed by what Gannon has managed to achieve in such a short time. He arrived under difficult circumstances and has done exceptionally well to guide us through the last four weeks.

There were a couple of guys in the main stand with Coke who I believe might be trialists. Leitch was pissin himself at the McGhee chanting and probably saw what was coming so boosted <_<

Great victory, great night. Reynolds was good getting forward in the left back role. O'Brien obviously won't make it as a right back. Jennings had a good partnership with Forbes. Forbes though was head and shoulders above both he and Lasley. Hoping to see Jennings get better up until 15th Aug. Looks like a good repelacement for Klimpl as he isn't scared to tackle. Hard to judge Humphreys as he was overshadowed totally by others around him. Some of Slane's runs were incredible. Fraser is a total bombscare. A new GK is a MUST. Sutton never scored but the number of knockdowns he produced were unreal. Hutchison, Page, and McHugh all looked solid......and WELL DONE Jamie Murphy!!!

Goal of the night for me was Forbes second. What a strike.

The strike was superb but the lay off from Sutton was magical. Forbes never had to break stride to connect. Exciting times to be a Well fan B-)

Last game I can remember the Mighty Well scoring 8 was at Clydebank in 1988. Is this right or is my memory fucked after watching tonight's astonishing result!!

MON THE WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People applauding two guys who had just come off and already had a round of applause coming off, and they didn't particularly have a good game. <_<

Slanes was probably deserved.

At one point, it looked like they were clapping for nothing. B-)

Clapping a ball boy. Twice. :P:doh:

It's hectic. If you want to see where society is going wrong we need to round up these clapping idiots and make an example of them. The thing is if we let it take hold it could lead to further clapping. Then where would we be? It needs to stop and I think your the man to lead us in this war against these appreciative, friendly, happy morons.

Clapping a ball boy twice. Made me sick to my stomach!!

Any idea if there will be any highlights on any websites?

I'd really like to see they 2 long range goals again..some strikes!

Not sure about the fishal site but the BBC and STV news before the game said that they'd have highlights on Friday's evening news. And there were cameras behind the goal in the first half

Just got back a few minutes ago from wonderland but I came back to earth very quickly reading some peoples assessment of the game and some of the performances. First I don't think Jim Gannon has any intention of playing O'Brien at right back he was there because they would be defensive and play on the break and his speed would be useful. It became a useless exercise because we scored 6 goals (count them 6) :woop: in a 25 minute period in the first half. Forbes has international written all over him and as for Slane being the next Faddy, :unsure: sorry guys it is possible that he could be the next Dalgleish :mellow: The boy has so much talent it is wonderful.

Okay so the opposition we have faced so far has not been brilliant but in the first 4 games of the season we have scored 11 goals absolutely wonderful. I have seen 8 goals in a Motherwell game before but never from us :thumbup: at last

Bring on the Romanians :P Now to finish that bottle of wine

People applauding two guys who had just come off and already had a round of applause coming off, and they didn't particularly have a good game. :mellow:

Slanes was probably deserved.

At one point, it looked like they were clapping for nothing. :thumbup:

Clapping a ball boy. Twice. :unsure::woop:

Aye i was half expecting the ball boy to be named MOTM on here by the usual suspects.

Well done to Paul Slane again tonight , yet again he showed our alleged wide midfielders what they should be but havent being doing against , not to put too fine a point on it , shite. 3 cheers too for the manager who hasnt taken long to clock on where the waste of a jersey is in there.

Closing paragrph in The Herald's match report.

Some of Flamurtari's backroom staff and their president had been unable to travel because of visa problems. Presumably their message of thanks will arrive at the British embassy today.

The Herald report is brilliant, piss taking sports reporting at its best.

Did anybody else clock their physios trackie, 118 118 anyone? :thumbup:

We did try to get a wee chant of their theme song going, but no one was having it :mellow:

Absolutely magnificent performance tonight, regardless of the calibre of the oppoisition since they really were an unknown entity. To score 8 goals against any team in a European competition is first class. At work I was checking the score on the official site and could not believe the goals that were going in so I am elighted for the manager, players and fans and this pre-season will make the players match fit.

:mellow:

Do you have any positive thoughts on tonights game?

No because he is a fanny! He isnae even a well fan if he finds something to moan about the night. He needs to piss aff and support the scum! We don't need dicks like that at Fir Park! :mellow:

Mon the well the biggest victory I have ever saw in my life beats the 7-0 v Clyde in 1990 :thumbup:

No because he is a fanny! He isnae even a well fan if he finds something to moan about the night. He needs to piss aff and support the scum! We don't need dicks like that at Fir Park! :lol:

Mon the well the biggest victory I have ever saw in my life beats the 7-0 v Clyde in 1990 :D

ambjkgord34.jpg

I'd list the positives but they've already been said over and over. Threads full of I THINK TONIGHTS PERFORMENCE WAS GOOD are real good stuff. :rolleyes:

And I'm reporting you for personal abuse! B-)

Shit, almost forgot... *applauds*

Any idea if there will be any highlights on any websites?

I'd really like to see they 2 long range goals again..some strikes!

Sod that i want a dvd released :lol:

Tonight Mathew I'm going to be a happy clapper, cant stop smiling.

Maybe watch the Scottish news on BBC and STV tonight, also worth checking out Sky Sports News.

As for the game, after a shaky start when they began confidently we totally over-ran them, They seemd to lose heart after our second goal and in honesty it could've been any score.

The young lads will gain confidence from last night, although I hope Gannon gives them all stick for conceding the goal. It might sound churlish but standards have to be maintained whatever the score, and I'm sure the gaffer wouldn't have been pleased with that.

However as an attacking force we were superb, and I can't ever recall being 6-0 up at half time before! Steaua Bucharest will be a different story though, but whatever happens this is our best ever European run!

Trying not to get carried away here BUT this surely must be a massive boost to the young players confidence for the start of the season. I'm hoping that we rip teams ta feck at the start as we are starting to look really sharp and for once putting teams to the sword, i know that its only 2 teams but remember the season hasn't even started yet so players aren't fully match fit but the signs are looking positive.

Thank you to the players for the memory of last night, one to tell the grand kids.