Motherwell Vs Ks Flamurtari

jonnymfc

I think it was Dodge that saw training the other day and commented on something pretty similar (?) or at least it was whatever back 4 with Reynolds sitting infront of them?

So the team would be;

----------------Fraser-------------

---O'Brien-Craigan-Hutchison-Reynolds----

--------Jennings-----Forbes--------------

-Slane---------Murphy-----Humphrey------

---------------Sutton-------------

..according to the Sun? Then again, its the Sun, do we even half believe it?

Certainly not sure with O'Brien at right back, but I'll definitely trust Gannons judgement n this one.

Have to admit, woke up at 8am this morning and can't get back to sleep for the sheer excitment of this game, I'm like a kid at Christmas.

I really reckon we can do this mob, get them of the back foot right from the start, get in there faces and keep the ball on the deck - what can they do with the ball if they don't have it?

We can do this 'Well, mon.. :notworthy:

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was saying to my old man the other night that I think we should consider pushing reynolds into a holding Midfield role as I think it would suit him down to the ground as he is athletic and a good football brain.

Not sure about J.O'B at right back as he maybe doesnt have the physical side to his game but you never know look at Stepover's transformation. I hope he does decide to drop McGarry as I dont feel he has offered much going forward in the 3 games so far.

My team would be

Fraser

Saunders Craigan Hutchison Hammell

Reynolds(Forbes) Jennings(Lasley)

Humphrey Slane Jim O'Brien

Sutton

Slane played tremendous when he played in behind the Striker against llanelli for a short period in the first leg.

I know I dont know much about the new lads but give them a shot. You can always replace Humphrey with Murphy and Jennings with say Forbes if he needs a change.

That attacking line up actually looks pretty tidy to me, if Sutts gets the ammo he WILL score goals no doubts.

Sun this morning reckons JOB at Right back, Reynolds at Left back with Saunders and Hammell dropped and Hutchison starting at centre half alongside Craggs. Jennings and Humphry to start also, alledgedly, with Slane, Forbes, Jamie and Big J. Bit different by Gannon, hope it works!

Time will tell after saunders running out of steam in the first leg i'd imagine he could be changed. but wouldn't bet on hammell being dropped.

If its the case then it sounds as if job and reynolds will play as wing backs as apposed to left and right backs.

Gannon looked to have been encouraging reynolds to push forward and penetrate teams from defence,

i trust gannon even if we lose tonight a frustrating night is ahead i fear, this game very much hinges on the referree.

If we have a ref who is going to slow the game down every 2 secs with free kicks then we could get frustrated.

The game plan for flamurtari is probably going to be 11 men behind the ball and hit us on the counter, can't see that they have anything else they can offer other than that.

As we all expect, Flamurtari will be coming here to defend and not to concede.

This perhaps is the reason for the inclusion of JOB at RB.

Means we have a better attacking option, that has decent pace to get up and down the field. As we will be attacking more and more, we need full backs that are more than capable of providing creativity as well as our wingers.

We all know Las is never a RB but, it means we have someone that can fill in momentarily when O'Brien is going forward.

And as we all saw from the Albanian coverage that they look very fast, athletic on the break and having Jim's pace to cover any of there attacks seems a logical move. Likewise with Reynolds being faster on the left side than what Hammell could give us. Although, I doubt we can afford to lose Hammell's crossing ability and therefore I fully expect to see him remain at LB with Reynolds at the heart of the defence. Hutchison's time will come, but not tonight. Can't see Gannon wanting to split a defensive partnership in the 2nd leg of a knockout game. Seems a calamity waiting to happen.

------------------------Fraser----------------------

-------------- Craigan ------- Reynolds -----------------

O'Brien---------------------------------------- Hammell

-------------- Lasley ---------- Forbes ------------------

---Humphrey -------McGarry --------------- Slane ----

----------------------- Sutton --------------------------

He seems to really rate Forbes (as most of us have been impressed as well), and not sure Jennings is fit enough to start. So, may want to persevere with Keef for the start and can bring on Jennings early 2nd half if the result is not what we are wanting.

Also, has Murphy ready to replace Humphrey 2nd half if he is tiring. Think he will start on the bench, as he appears to keep faith in McGarry's experience, and likes the fact Murphy appears to be an impact player from the bench. DLS mach 2..

We that good we only need ten men...?

EDIT Ah, ye noticed and went back and added McGarry. Too quick for me. You, that is, not McGarry...

That's my team if Saunders doesn't play. If he does move O'Brien up and move Humphrey to the bench.

As we all expect, Flamurtari will be coming here to defend and not to concede.

This perhaps is the reason for the inclusion of JOB at RB.

Means we have a better attacking option, that has decent pace to get up and down the field. As we will be attacking more and more, we need full backs that are more than capable of providing creativity as well as our wingers.

We all know Las is never a RB but, it means we have someone that can fill in momentarily when O'Brien is going forward.

And as we all saw from the Albanian coverage that they look very fast, athletic on the break and having Jim's pace to cover any of there attacks seems a logical move. Likewise with Reynolds being faster on the left side than what Hammell could give us. Although, I doubt we can afford to lose Hammell's crossing ability and therefore I fully expect to see him remain at LB with Reynolds at the heart of the defence. Hutchison's time will come, but not tonight. Can't see Gannon wanting to split a defensive partnership in the 2nd leg of a knockout game. Seems a calamity waiting to happen.

He seems to really rate Forbes (as most of us have been impressed as well), and not sure Jennings is fit enough to start. So, may want to persevere with Keef for the start and can bring on Jennings early 2nd half if the result is not what we are wanting.

Also, has Murphy ready to replace Humphrey 2nd half if he is tiring. Think he will start on the bench, as he appears to keep faith in McGarry's experience, and likes the fact Murphy appears to be an impact player from the bench. DLS mach 2..

I think there is a good shout at this formation and I agree almost completely with your post except I would expect Jennings to start before Engelbert as he has been in training for a week or two more? but I don't expect to see either at the start both could be second half subs and I think he may through Jamie Murphy at them for the first 60 giving Engelbert the last 30 and extra time if required. 3-1 Well but I expect it to be a long night.

According to the paper this morning the team picked by Gannon is ...

Fraser

O'Brien

Hutchison

Craigan

Reynolds

Humphrey

Jennings

Slane

Forbes

Murphy

Sutton

O'Brien plays at right back , Reynolds left back ...Hammell and Saunders have been dropped.

According to the paper this morning the team picked by Gannon is ...

Fraser

O'Brien

Hutchison

Craigan

Reynolds

Humphrey

Jennings

Slane

Forbes

Murphy

Sutton

O'Brien plays at right back , Reynolds left back ...Hammell and Saunders have been dropped.

Surely not, think we'd get pumped with that line up. To much change in to short a time. Reckon we'd be wide open at the back, probably look like strangers in the midfield that never saw each other and two strikers up the park wondering if they'll get the ball at all.

Then again it might inspired magic and we hound them but think that would be me trying to be optmisitic. Surely no way we'll see such radical change, yer havin a laugh.

Don't really expect to see Saunders start though, hooked after 30 mins or so last week and apparently Gannon was going mental at him for most of that 30, seriously unimpressed.

Like Malky, I'd be surprised to see so much change from one week to the next. Unless we're going three at the back, I don't see Hutchison featuring. Hammell delivered a few good crosses down at Llanelli so I don't see him being dropped. I reckon the Sun may be having a wild stab in the dark. Or he's got one thing in common with McGhee, he likes bizarre line-up changes for big games...

Sounds too far fetched to be made up - coming up with that line-up would mean an in-depth knowledge of the squad and the new guys.

Perhaps there was a hint along these lines dropped at the press conference yesterday.

Even though its a significant change from last week - it still technically pre-season and Gannon needs to be seen to be changing things round to reflect his style. OK its a big change bit it may be a big chang towards a settled gannon style.

McGhee' changes last year was just his attempts to be a master tactician.

All of the points amde about players being in an unfamiliar line up - could be levelled at any match we've played so far. Right now everything's up in the air.

if we've been working on it intensely in training (like a couple have said) maybe it's a goer.

Having had time to think about it, it could look like the formation we've used so far...

Fraser

O'Brien Craigan Hutchison Reynolds

Jennings Forbes

Humphrey Murphy Slane

Sutton

Certainly would suggest that Lasley and Hammell haven't impressed. But I thought Lasley did quite well last week. Just need to wait and see, I guess. If nothing else, it might have the Albanians scratching their heads...

Fraser

O'Brien Craigan Hutchison Reynolds

Jennings Forbes

Humphrey Murphy Slane

Sutton

----------------Fraser-------------

---O'Brien-Craigan-Hutchison-Reynolds----

--------Jennings-----Forbes--------------

-Slane---------Murphy-----Humphrey------

---------------Sutton-------------

Great minds.....

I don't think Hammell will be dropped, he was, IMO, Manof the match in wales and I can see the game tonight going pretty much trhe same way. The Albanians don't fill me with any fear, they only looked ok in the first leg as they are used to the temperature. If we have the same possesion tonight I can see us scoring a right few - 6-0 the dossers !!! C'Mon !!!!!

I don't think Hammell will be dropped, he was, IMO, Manof the match in wales and I can see the game tonight going pretty much trhe same way.

aye totally agree.

i also thought lasley played well week and created our only chance. i hope this isn't gannon trying to put his stamp on to the detriment of the team.