Exclusive: Player #3

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly never thought we'd have another name in today but, fair enough.

Fair play to you Mr Gannon. ;)

I quite like the way Nancy fans think, I reckon we'll win the league now. :P In all seriousness, least were not putting up with "we'll get x y and z player.." from McGhee and Gannon is really getting stuck in about getting players in.

Welcome Giles! ;)

We’re still working away at getting more faces in – this won’t be the last by any matter of means. We’re looking at least four new permanent signings and four new loan deals before the new season kicks off in August. We need strength and depth all over the park – we know the areas that need urgent attention and as we bring guys in the squad will start to take shape.”

thats the bit I like !!!

Northampton were arguably unlucky to go down last year, but went down IMHO mainly because their team underperformed.

Coke did catch the eye in the little I saw of them, and I think he certainly has something. Do not think he is a polished SPL player, but from what I have seen, he certainly has the potential to be, and perhaps more?

JG has been quietly efficient in these signings (whatever happened to our reliable sources at FP??).

We shouldn't underestimate how much his reputation has in getting some of these players - there are still more than a fair few down here that can't understand him 'taking a gamble' in Scotland when so called better offers were surely just round the corner (not my words).

This season coming will certainly be a roller coaster with our reasonably raw, but talented team (assuming the next half dozen signings are not all seasoned internationalists).

This season coming will certainly be a roller coaster with our reasonably raw, but talented team (assuming the next half dozen signings are not all seasoned internationalists).

I agree with this. All the signings so far appear to be young, talented guys in need of a bit of polishing. We can't get too carried away and need to bear in mind the level they're used to playing at but I reckon that from the second half of this season on we'll be on fire.

So just in time for our new lawn to be gubbed again...

Northampton Site

They seem to think he verbally agreed to sign through his agent and played for them this pre season but it looks as though he never actually signed the deal, so surely they don't have a leg to stand on?

Actually a verbal agreement is binding in the court of law if there is/are a witness(es). So we could be liable.

Actually a verbal agreement is binding in the court of law if there is/are a witness(es). So we could be liable.

Not sure about this. A verbal agreement is binding in Scotland I believe but I'm not sure about England. It may be argued that he'd only agreed to sign provisionally.

Either way, don't know any club that would want to keep a player who didn't want to be there and due to his age we'll probably be due them a fee anyway so we'll end up having to give them something.

I don't think it's as straightforward as that here. The web site says it was his agent that accepted via email. Unless he has a really bad agent, I imagine there would be a paragraph of weasel words about 'subject to...' and 'pending....' etc. And then it would also have to be proved that the agent had been given the authority to accept an agreement on the player's behalf.

It sounds like the best Northampton are hoping for is some financial compensation, and they are likely on shakey ground there.

Has he verbally agreed to anything though. And didn't Mo Johnston accept then turn and run and was able to as nothing was signed?

I think the old Celtic board didn't bother to enforce the contract as they had already shown themselves to be a bunch of incompetents. I'm probably wrong as I have studiously tried to ignore all the bullshit that still surronds that transfer.