The 'old Pics Of Fir Park' Thread

trafficlight

• 8 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Good spot - was familiar, just couldn't put a name to him - thanks.

@tintowellfan - both ends were covered at Somerset - it was only the terracing that ran the full length of the pitch that was uncovered.

Yes, just my poorly worded post. Just meant that covered end was the home fans end. I lived in Ayr for a couple of years in the late 70's and went to quite a few of their games , home and away. Had some brilliant days out as the fans I knew were very friendly, and liked a good bevvy before, during and after the game. Remember crossing the Clyde on a car ferry, that took only one car, to go to a match somewhere north of the Clyde. No idea where as the bevvy has made that a distant memory. Oh the good old days of the Four Crown and the Lannie wine. So many lost memories!!!

Yes, just my poorly worded post. Just meant that covered end was the home fans end. I lived in Ayr for a couple of years in the late 70's and went to quite a few of their games , home and away. Had some brilliant days out as the fans I knew were very friendly, and liked a good bevvy before, during and after the game. Remember crossing the Clyde on a car ferry, that took only one car, to go to a match somewhere north of the Clyde. No idea where as the bevvy has made that a distant memory. Oh the good old days of the Four Crown and the Lannie wine. So many lost memories!!!

Just me being smart mate. Only became their 'home end' post-segregation. Prior to that we had all sorts of 'fun' swapping ends at half-time and after on the dual-carriageway just before the Racecourse where the buses parked. Could never get a taste for 'the wine' in any of it's forms - straight Tennents lager (think it had to do with the glamour girls on the back).

Good to see this thread resurrected- some good memories although I have to admit the last few discussions have been a wee bit before my time!

Having looked back over a few pages the one thing that jumped out was the number of posters that don't seem to get involved nowadays. I know there's many reasons for that (and I'm not looking to start on that as it won't be to anyone's benefit) but it's a pity as the more people willing to share memories and have an interest in this club of ours the better.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...