• Ross Forbes
    • Jamie Murphy
    • John Sutton
    • Paul Slane
    • Keith Lasley
    • Bob McHugh
    • Jonathan Page
    • Null Vote

thought sutton was quality, shame he didnt get a goal to top the night off. slane was outstanding as was jennings but went for forbes. first couple of games he looked like he wanted to much time on the ball, looking to invite a challenge but now he looks sharper and more confident and what a goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a night. You know just watching that game, everything about it, from the players reactions when they scored to Jim Gannon on the touchline, to the fans applauding the players off the pitch, that reminded me how great it is to be a Motherwell fan. There is nothing like it.

I think Boyle got it totally right when he appointed Gannon and I know there is a long way to go but that was something else tonight. I think we have a manager who will put his heart and soul into the club and who will not be afraid to make unpopular decisions.

I wasn't McGhee's number one fan but I was sorry to see him go but I really do think Gannon is something special. Tonight was just fantastic, there aren't words to describe how good it was.

Slane was outstanding.

What a night. You know just watching that game, everything about it, from the players reactions when they scored to Jim Gannon on the touchline, to the fans applauding the players off the pitch, that reminded me how great it is to be a Motherwell fan. There is nothing like it.

The thing that really hit the mark for me tonight was when we were 8-1 (still can't believe it!) up with 2 minutes to go and JG was out on the touchline, still shouting instructions to the guys, urging them forward.

Really looks like he puts everything into it and I'm delighted with the way he's started. Think we've got a great manager here.

Nice that the actions seem to match the talk. I think Jim Gannon could be the best thing to happen to Motherwell for a very long time.

Just got up to make sure this wasnt a dream :lol:

I personally liked it when Gannon applauded the fans who were singing there heads off nice touch. :rolleyes:

Obviously lots of candidates after an 8-1 win, but my vote went to Ross Forbes who ran the show in midfield, plus of course his two goals.

I went for slane but he should've been booked for that goal celebration... :huh:

Slane is dynamite while Forbes looks a class act - the good old number 27 coming to good use again.

Mention to Jiom O'Brien as well though he worked his balls off in an unfamiliar position.

Sutton gets my MOM award though, looking to link up the play all the time. Completely different player from what I've ever seen before.

Forbes was very impressive. It's probably harder to do the job he does at his age than it is for Slane and Murphy (who were both great) who have the freedom to get running at people and make things happen.

Not his fault, but Jim O'Brien at right back is a disaster. Hope that's the end of that experiment.

Load's of outstanding performances tonight but I've went for Slane as well simply because every time he had the ball there was an expectation of something exciting happening.

I might get slated for this but one thing that marred his performance was his discipline in the second half. Started having pointless kicks and pushes at their right back, even after the whistle was blown. Surprised he didny get booked. Daft thing to do when yer 7 up.