Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

Firstly well done Steaua. Fantastic side.

Secondly, well done to our boys. Put in a lot of effort but can have no complaints about being beat tonight; we were outclassed. The best team won and I hope we can test Steaua a bit more in Airdrie.

Ruddy looks like he'll handle the SPL with ease and Coke looks like a bit of a player aswell. Humphrey was unconvincing but against SPL opposition he'll come good.

Mon the 'Well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the highlights, I'm just gonna go right out there and say it; IMO Hutchison is at fault for the 2nd goal by watching the ball and not the man running past him to stick it in the back of the net, and fuck knows what he was up to for the 3rd goal. Ball watching again, and his man just takes a wee step back and has an unchallenged header to make it 3-0. If Gannon had started Hammell at LB and Reynolds at centre half, I genuinely don't think we would've lost those goals.

It might sound like I'm being overly critical, but that's just the way I see it.

Stick around - you and boggy could become part time well fans :rolleyes:

Oh you can be sure I'll be keeping an eye on Motherwell's fixtures this season. I've never sided with any particular SPL side before, so it might as well be yours now that I know the players a bit. :nod:

After watching the highlights, I'm just gonna go right out there and say it; IMO Hutchison is at fault for the 2nd goal by watching the ball and not the man running past him to stick it in the back of the net, and fuck knows what he was up to for the 3rd goal. Ball watching again, and his man just takes a wee step back and has an unchallenged header to make it 3-0. If Gannon had started Hammell at LB and Reynolds at centre half, I genuinely don't think we would've lost those goals.

It might sound like I'm being overly critical, but that's just the way I see it.

imo i think u r bein 2 critical i think the 2nd goal was a brilliant move and wouldve been the same outcome if reynolds was cb and the 3rd that wasnt his player , the player came from deep and hutchie probally didnt even know that he was there

Think you should, the boy looked class, the way he skint young Saunders for the 3rd goal was a touch of quality.

Grezlak is pretty much on the same deal as you guys have on Ruddy..1 year loan with option to buy and activate a 3 yeer old contract. He was recomended by his countryman Golansky our right winger.

He looks poised and skillfull with the ball but i think that he will not be kept into the squad...because he is described like a "life loving" guy by the greek media. That type of sht (intentional typo) wont fly at Steaua. Basicly he will be renewed if we fail to sign Ciprian Tanase, a left/centre midder that is starter for the national team and is also only 21 year old..with some obvious skill:)

Grezlak is pretty much on the same deal as you guys have on Ruddy..1 year loan with option to buy and activate a 3 yeer old contract. He was recomended by his countryman Golansky our right winger.

He looks poised and skillfull with the ball but i think that he will not be kept into the squad...because he is described like a "life loving" guy by the greek media. That type of sht (intentional typo) wont fly at Steaua. Basicly he will be renewed if we fail to sign Ciprian Tanase, a left/centre midder that is starter for the national team and is also only 21 year old..with some obvious skill:)

Send him our way if you don't want him! You could have our second choice goalie if you want....

Send him our way if you don't want him! You could have our second choice goalie if you want....

Man he obviously showed some skills..he basicly "made" the 2nd and 3rd goal..no doubt about it the man has some fire in them boots..but have you noticed him the rest of the game?:0..You dont get far against the likes of Europe with a guy like that: no effort in defence..no pace..and likes to pray on young-unz:)

Id like nothing better than to have him confirm and put some heart into the skills he obviouslly has..but he is fairly "old" for football standards..pushing 29..his last team was Skoda Sankti in greece..where they said he was having a "super" game every 1 in 3 and that he was in each and everyone of them "disapearing"" from the fixture due to lack of fitness.

We were totally outclassed tonight, Steau were very sharp and every player had a fire in their belly!

Playing like that, they would easily have taken any of the auld firm.

Heres hoping for a 4-0 home win next week. :(

A bit better than getting beat 5-1 at home by a team I've never heard of though, eh Mr McGhee? Just as well the Aberdeen supporters are very forgiving. ;)

If nothing else, its been an excellent pre season preparation. Can't wait until the domestic season starts.

Well done to the players, especially Ruddy, outstanding performance. Lets try and save face a bit next week.

Man he obviously showed some skills..he basicly "made" the 2nd and 3rd goal..no doubt about it the man has some fire in them boots..but have you noticed him the rest of the game?:0..You dont get far against the likes of Europe with a guy like that: no effort in defence..no pace..and likes to pray on young-unz:)

Id like nothing better than to have him confirm and put some heart into the skills he obviouslly has..but he is fairly "old" for football standards..pushing 29..his last team was Skoda Sankti in greece..where they said he was having a "super" game every 1 in 3 and that he was in each and everyone of them "disapearing"" from the fixture due to lack of fitness.

Unfortunately I don't think we will have to worry about getting too far in Europe this season... :(

1 in 3 would do us just fine. As long as its Rangers, Celtic and ...erm ... Aberdeen.

Thought your team were a pleasure to watch at times and taught us a bit of lesson. But we won't give up - see you next week!

Gutted I had to go out and couldnt watch it after all but I dont think it's a totally lost cause opinionyet, but maybe I'm a bit crazy :( Can anybody give an overall opinion of big Ruddy the new guys?

Ok, maybe i had too many TL's the night in daniels but......

Last week I thought Jennings had a quiet game and I wasn't that impressed with the boy Humphreys.

Tonight i thought Jennings was average with the rest of the team, Humphreys was pish poor. Sorry, he was. In my opinion him trying to skin the boy rather than hurl that easy cross in first time led to the 2nd goal.

Coke. Did he play? Was that him that blazed the rebound over after our big chance?

I'll be interested to see them play when they are a bit up to speed with the rest of the squad. At the moment I am worried that the boss has underestimated Scottish football and thought a group of choppers from down south can cut it.

The keeper was good though!

First of all ,sorry for the Steaua fans who were enjoying the goals on your forum . Classless!

Got back from the game , I was really impressed by your GK and the blonde dude on the left side. He's got some moves and he tricked our RB(albeit a very good one) several times. I don't know his age, but he looked like a kid :( . A very good footballer though.

Keep your squad together and have faith in them. You are at a beginning of a journey, and the beginnings are always tough.

Cheers

Last week I thought Jennings had a quiet game and I wasn't that impressed with the boy Humphreys.

Tonight i thought Jennings was average with the rest of the team, Humphreys was pish poor. Sorry, he was. In my opinion him trying to skin the boy rather than hurl that easy cross in first time led to the 2nd goal.

Coke. Did he play? Was that him that blazed the rebound over after our big chance?

I'll be interested to see them play when they are a bit up to speed with the rest of the squad. At the moment I am worried that the boss has underestimated Scottish football and thought a group of choppers from down south can cut it.

The keeper was good though!

At the moment I am worried that the boss has underestimated Scottish football and thought a group of choppers from down south can cut it.

I've been worried about that for a while. But look at the state of the SPL...shite like Falkirk, Killie, Aberdeen...how the fuck could anyone underestimate it, it's absolute bollocks!! :(

Aye he played and he looks like he will be quality.

Anyone who judges any of our players on tonights performance should be shot.

They were far better than us and that no suprise since we were essentially playing the under 21 squad. The Steaua players recognised this and thats why they applauded them off the park.

I have a good feeling about this squad. I honestly believe we will do really well in the SPL this season.

Coke. Did he play?

I actually thought he played Ok. Taking and giving, playing it tidy in midfield.

Never expected a result from this game and put it this way, this is probably as hard a team as we will come up against all season. As someone said, the O/F would have a time against them. Their pass and move game is exactly what Scottish teams need to work on.

Ruddy looks a cracking signing.

Nice contrast between interviews. Gannon calling as it is, McGhee generally looking at excuses: fatigue, cobbled defence, etc. Although he did say "I have gone from legend to idiot".

big stall

i;ve almost admired your posts but were we watching the same game.

this was never a tie to showcase your talent against a far superior side, slane was punted 6ft in the air everytime he got the ball, humphrey very seldom got the ball but like every other winger lives on service and as for coke yeah he missed a goalden opportunity but we shouldn't expect him to be fully up to speed for this match.

i dont think anybody gave a bad account of themselves there is no way we will come accros that quality in the spl

mon the well

looking forward to seeing the week by week improvement

john ruddy was a big plus

what a penalty save

Getting shot seems a bit harsh .........but you must have seen that Jennings and Humphrey were not at the races at all....looked well short of fitness......Humphrey's second touch was a throw in he should never have started.

As you say lets hope they improve or the SPL will be a struggle for them and us...as they dont seem to be any better than what we had on the bench....IE lasley or McGarry....I think JG got it wrong tonight as the 3 in midfield did not look like they knew what there job was and who was to track the runners etc......Although Steau were excellent we really made it easy for them at times

There is always hope so lets jsut look to get a good result in next weeks game and look forward to the season ahead....

Well Forever

First of all ,sorry for the Steaua fans who were enjoying the goals on your forum . Classless!

Got back from the game , I was really impressed by your GK and the blonde dude on the left side. He's got some moves and he tricked our RB(albeit a very good one) several times. I don't know his age, but he looked like a kid :( . A very good footballer though.

Keep your squad together and have faith in them. You are at a beginning of a journey, and the beginnings are always tough.

Cheers

Cheers for the kind words Hot, very impressed with a lot of your team and the way that they play football. I would love to watch a team playing football like that every week. Blonde dudes name is Paul Slane only 17 and a good player.

Hopefully we have can have a great game next week.

That was our keepers debut tonight and I think everyone was impressed by him. Blonde dude would be Slane? He's only just broken into the senior squad since the new manager took over last month and looks absolutely outstanding. I think he's 17 or 18?

aye exactly. Think we knew it was gonnae be backs to the wall right from the word go.

Goalie was my motherwell man of the match. Slane had a decent game and I think he will be an important player for us this season.

I don't think gannon or the players can really be judged in this euro run. We will see come the end of august how the team and the manager are coping. As was said, the SPL is an utter shit hoose the now and it wont take much quality to beat teams like kilmarnock, falkirk, stmirren, hamilton, hibs, aberdeen :(

Anyway congratulations to bucuresti we'll see you in airdrie next week for the return leg. Hopefully another 8 - 1 victory for us.

Aye he played and he looks like he will be quality.

Anyone who judges any of our players on tonights performance should be shot.

They were far better than us and that no suprise since we were essentially playing the under 21 squad. The Steaua players recognised this and thats why they applauded them off the park.

I have a good feeling about this squad. I honestly believe we will do really well in the SPL this season.

Amen.

Humphreys was pish poor. Sorry, he was. In my opinion him trying to skin the boy rather than hurl that easy cross in first time led to the 2nd goal.

Yep you had too many TL's whatever they are. We lost the 2nd because The Hump tried to cross it first time INSTEAD of taking him on. :(