Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

Steaua I would expect to crash out in the next round as they can't travel, can't handle the pressure and won't be able to pay off a ref against a bigger club like Lazio or Roma.

Referees aren't cyborgs, they make mistakes too. Some of the best have done it - the ref last night was relatively unheard of.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How? Cos you will get pumped in the next round. Cheating Bastards!!!!

Just because I think you're not a bad guy, just "heated-up" by the closeness in time to the game and probably because you're also some sort of an "ultras" fan I'll give you a good piece of advice : don't put any money on us on the next round, don't want to see you lose again :lol: !

Proud of the young lads tonight. A defeat was hard too stomach after putting in an excellent shift for 60 mins.

The referee and (main) standside linesman were a total joke.

Steaua were poor tonight yet still won as we left ourselves open at the back trying to chase the game. Still think we need a right back and 1 if not two more strikers for the full season.

FWIW even had we gone 2 or 3-0 up I still think Steaua would probably have nicked the away goal they needed.

BB - No need to call Steaua cheating bast*rds. Not their fault the referee was fecking hopeless!

cheers mate.

it gave me a wee chuckle.

Good luck in the next round and the europa league when you get in there

Its good to have an interest on a european night and since you'v just put us out I think I'll be Steaua supporter for the rest of the europa tournament :doh:

I think the way we played for the first hour will scare alot of teams in the league. We were fantastic. Except the taking of chances we created though. I thought we at least deserved a draw but more so deserved the win.

Steaua will give anybody a game at their own ground but if they play a higher calibre of side then they will be punished away from home.

But I'm not going to complain, 6 games in Europe for pre season, I'd take that every year!

Thanks for the adventure!!! :doh:

BB - No need to call Steaua cheating bast*rds. Not their fault the referee was fecking hopeless!

Why? They cheated on two occasions by defenders using hands to stop goal bound efforts, not to mention at least 6 occasions when what can only be described as wrestling on John Sutton went unpunished. By the way, I will be betting against Steaua away from home, You may think you are Barcelona in Bucharest, but your're Berwick Rangers away from Romania. I'm not going to be all nicey nicey when my team has been cheated out a game by a scumbag of referee and a team of guys who have lighter feet than Julian Clary and are a bunch of dirty bastards. Just ask Paul Slane how his ankles feel?

cheers mate.

it gave me a wee chuckle.

Good luck in the next round and the europa league when you get in there

Its good to have an interest on a european night and since you'v just put us out I think I'll be Steaua supporter for the rest of the europa tournament :doh:

Thanks for supporting us! To return the favor, you've got yourselves a new fan for your SPL campaign :P !

Congratz on a great game guys, your side was really motivated and enthusiastic out there. I'm really disappointed by the ref though, cause we didn't need all those mistakes to take the credit away from our team; you should have been awarded at least one clear penalty, maybe 2, considering that we received ours rather easily :doh:

Good luck in the SPL, I'll be watching you cause you've made a good impression tonight, if you play all of your matches like this you'll surely be up there, with Celtic and Rangers!

Just imagine. We get the penalty, we are two-nil up. Then a third. And it wouldn't have been impossible with a different Referee tonight. That would've been equal, and not beyond the question. Anyway, I fancy we'll take the SPL by storm this season.

RICKOZA.........stop inhaling glue and comeback here when you understand

this beautiful sport and you turn...18! lol

Just be happy

that Steaua REZERVES showed up, a bunch of kids that until last week made

$100 bucks a month at Steaua 2, in second division! Since 8 starters are out

with injuries and with cards. The 8 starters that didnt play today, the "real' Steaua:

., TATARUSANU,EMEGARA, GOIAN, TOJA, SZEKELY, KAPETANOS, GOLANSKY,SURDU !!

THIS IS THE REAL STEAUA! LUCKY YOU!

What different ref.? You should've had 2 players red carded for many awfull fauls!

Learn football mate, and learn how to lose gracefully! Steaua with all the starters,

would've embarrassed you worse than a week ago! The kids that played today didnt know

what they were doing, passing wrong, missing positions, untill the coach ..Yelled at

them at half time! The good: We got a good future with those kids, and SO DO YOU!

YOU GOT FEW KIDS WITH A LOT OF POTENTIAL!

Anyway, you are nice people and your club owner is a gentleman who romanians will

respect forever! Good luck! Im done with my Motherwell forum experience! Going

back to my ..Man United life! lol Wish your..Mothers well!

You may think you are Barcelone in Bucharest, but your Berwick Rangers away from Romania.

Hey, as long as we're not East Stirlingshire, works for me! But really, don't bet too much. On a more serious note, we do play well away from home when the players feel they have something to play for. Their stupid big "Barcelona from Bucharest" ego left them for embarasment in the first half but they would've gone through even if you would've had 3-0 at half time. It would've been a hectic rush for some away goals and we do have the quality for those as demonstrated in the 2nd half.

Why? They cheated on two occasions by defenders using hands to stop goal bound efforts, not to mention at least 6 occasions when what can only be described as wrestling on John Sutton went unpunished. By the way, I will be betting against Steaua away from home, You may think you are Barcelona in Bucharest, but your're Berwick Rangers away from Romania. I'm not going to be all nicey nicey when my team has been cheated out a game by a scumbag of referee and a team of guys who have lighter feet than Julian Clary and are a bunch of dirty bastards. Just ask Paul Slane how his ankles feel?

cool it, shit happens, it used to happen to us too on numerous occasions(the late 90's, early 00's), when our football was really low... Oh yeah, we have codes enabled, damn us cheaters!!!

RICKOZA.........stop inhaling glue and comeback here when you understand

this beautiful sport and you turn...18! lol

Just be happy

that Steaua REZERVES showed up, a bunch of kids that until last week made

$100 bucks a month at Steaua 2, in second division! Since 8 starters are out

with injuries and with cards. The 8 starters that didnt play today, the "real' Steaua:

., TATARUSANU,EMEGARA, GOIAN, TOJA, SZEKELY, KAPETANOS, GOLANSKY,SURDU !!

THIS IS THE REAL STEAUA! LUCKY YOU!

What different ref.? You should've had 2 players red carded for many awfull fauls!

Learn football mate, and learn how to lose gracefully! Steaua with all the starters,

would've embarrassed you worse than a week ago! The kids that played today didnt know

what they were doing, passing wrong, missing positions, untill the coach ..Yelled at

them at half time! The good: We got a good future with those kids, and SO DO YOU!

YOU GOT FEW KIDS WITH A LOT OF POTENTIAL!

Anyway, you are nice people and your club owner is a gentleman who romanians will

respect forever! Good luck! Im done with my Motherwell forum experience! Going

back to my ..Man United life! lol Wish your..Mothers well!

:doh:

Hold on, BB, it wasn't Steaua who cheated, it was the referee who made a couple of bad errors by not giving clear penalties. Even he wasn't cheating, just incompetent.

Were you at the game caller?

Well when you feign injury on numerous occasions to try and con the referee I call that cheating.

Good performance from the boys tonight and a lot to look forward to for the coming season. We made a lot of decent chances and forced their keeper into some great saves despite the referee so we've got a lot to be proud of.

I really couldn't believe some of the decisions from the ref and also the camp linesman in front of the main stand. Every 50/50 went to Steau as well as some other baffling decisions. How many times did Sutton almost get his top ripped off inside and outside the box before getting a foul? How come when a Steau player intentionally handles the ball (whether it's to shield his face is neither here nor there) in the box it isn't a penalty? How come Steau get a penalty for a guy cutting across O'Brien and getting tripped but when the exact same thing happens to Hammell at their 3rd goal right in the referees line of vision and in front of the linesman it's play on? Why is it not a penalty when Jamie Murphy gets pulled back when trying to get on the end of a cross? It's not as if he was in a ruck of players as him and the defender were a few yards from anyone else and it was as clear as day. And that's just the major decisions that I had a fairly decent view of. There were a few others that seemed top raise temperatures among the 'Well fans the I couldn't call due to my seat position.

Bogdan Stancu to the Romanian press (got the penalty, scored 2nd and 3rd) :

"We entered this game believing we're already in the next round and we got what we deserved. At half time we had a meeting between us and the manager was present also with good advice for the second half and we finally woke up after the break. I don't think I've scored a more beautiful goal than the one tonight but I'm a striker and it doesn't matter if I score from 2 or 20 yards. We need to keep on winning to show everyone that we don't win by chance."