Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll struggle to find a stream for the majority of our games, when we play Rangers and Celtic it should be possible to watch on Justin but the majority of the time, we only recieve radio coverage which at times is encrypted for a UK only audience

When there is a stream, we will post it on this site. If you are a BitTorrent user, you may be able to access the highlights each week.

I'd really appreciate it, cause unlike some opinions above, we're not here to brag, I want to watch you guys throughout the season whenever it's possible :notworthy:

Well, there's going to be an interesting league game this Sunday evening, against 2008's champions CFR Cluj (who played in the Champions League group stage that same year, along with Steaua).

I'll post the streams close to kick-off (18:45 GMT) for whoever is interested.

Well, there's going to be an interesting league game this Sunday evening, against 2008's champions CFR Cluj (who played in the Champions League group stage that same year, along with Steaua).

I'll post the streams close to kick-off (18:45 GMT) for whoever is interested.

I know this isnt really related, but was it against that mob that McLean got injured? Just curious as I remember seeing the name before.

I'm sorry to hear that. CFR are a technical side and rarely rely on force (apart from a wing back and striker Yssouf Kone), so I doubt it was in any way intentional.

However, I do remember Ganea's dirty tackle against John Kennedy in that Scotland - Romania friendly. And it was a friendly! Fouling was completely uncalled for. Ganea's a certified hooligan, he grabbed a linesman by the throat in a championship game a couple of years ago and received a half year ban. I would've had him banned for life.

I know, one of our sports newspapers has recently published an article about Kennedy, as five years had passed from the injury, but I remember the game itself. Readers calling Ganea a 'criminal', 'hooligan' and 'neanderthal'. He once scored our winner against England, but he is all that.

I know, one of our sports newspapers has recently published an article about Kennedy, as five years had passed from the injury, but I remember the game itself. Readers calling Ganea a 'criminal', 'hooligan' and 'neanderthal'. He once scored our winner against England, but he is all that.

Somes, could you tell me what the big banner says down the front? http://i29.tinypic.com/206er87.jpg

RIP Caseta

We will not forget you!

Caseta means 'Cassette', so it was probably that fan's nickname.

Edit: Did a bit of searching and he was a 32 year old member of an Ultras fan group in Bucharest who passed away the week before the game "after a lengthy illness".

The other two banners I noticed during the game said "Mândru că sunt român" (Proud to be Romanian) -the smaller one in the picture you posted- and "Mami sunt cu băieţii la meci" (Mom I'm at the game with the boys).

RIP Caseta

We will not forget you!

Caseta means 'Cassette', so it was probably that fan's nickname.

Edit: Did a bit of searching and he was a 32 year old member of an Ultras fan group in Bucharest who passed away the week before the game "after a lengthy illness".

The other two banners I noticed during the game said "Mândru că sunt român" (Proud to be Romanian) -the smaller one in the picture you posted- and "Mami sunt cu băieţii la meci" (Mom I'm at the game with the boys).

Thanks for that, much appreciated. :mellow:

@mon_da_well: Bogdan Stancu's Airdrie goals have brought him his first national team cap (Aug 12th friendly against Hungary)! Will be replacing injured Adrian Mutu up front. Big shoes to fill.

Good luck to him in the national team. I didn't think you guys did friendlies with Hungary, if Steaua's experience is anything to go by, watch out for the rockets this time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2hcrOwaBBw

Good luck to him in the national team. I didn't think you guys did friendlies with Hungary, if Steaua's experience is anything to go by, watch out for the rockets this time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2hcrOwaBBw

Don't think it will be much of a game, but could be interesting if the Romanians travel up in numbers.

Steaua have already had their sanctions imposed after the first leg of the Steaua & Ujpest games. Ujpest will get there's some time soon. At a minimum a stadium ban in Europe for sure (There currently serving a stadium ban in the league just now for trouble in the last league fixture last season)

I wish I could say NT matches are a different story. The friendly was arranged well before the Ujpest incidents, but I doubt there will be any Romanians in the stands even though Hungary is right next door. The last time our national teams played against each other, the buses our fans were travelling in had their windows smashed while Budapest police officers were standing idly a few dozen feet away, as well as cars with Romanian license plates being targeted in the parking lots and streets around the stadium. That's not to say our fans were innocent schoolboys. It's probably worse than the Greece vs. Turkey dispute.

Has any newspaper written about the stunts they pulled in the train stations they passed through on their way to Bucharest?

Nothing at all, you can imagine the press here only reported the "shite" banner and how disgraceful that was (funny I thought). I seen a video of them arriving in Bucharest, didn't look nice.

Someone has mentioned that Aberdeen expect a fine for letting of a flair before their game last week, god knows what Ujpest will get for their antics two weeks ago.