Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

Pretty much my best away trip to be honest. Went on the 'Well charter flight and despite after grumbling about the price at the start I now can't complain. Totally glad I went down that route of travelling. Got to Bucharest late afternoon, had a few drinks within the hotel with fellow 'Well fans, had a Pizza Hut for dinner and headed out for drinks. We paid 25 lei for 4 drinks out there, not bad at all! Ended up back at the hotel for a drink and headed to bed about 3ish. Lovely breakfast on Thursday morning, and pretty much spent the day in a small cafe/bar across from the Novotel Hotel with 'Well fans.

The game itself I don't have any complaints at all, we lost to a much better side. Was impressed with big Ruddy and think we could have found a very good goalkeeper here! Very much enjoyed my trip and one in which I am very happy I went on.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't suppose anybody got a spare programme for sale?

Alright buddy I was supposed to bring 12 programmes back but by the time we got to the ground they were all away. I was luck enough to get 1 and that was finding it on the way to the shop. If I had a spare 1 you could have had it for free as thats how much they were on the night absolutely feck all. I think you will be hard pressed to get one but you never know.

Good luck anyway.

the two wee boys were selling them up the back the cheeky scams[they were free] :lol:

Aye heard they were trying to get anything up to 10Lei for them (£2).

Never managed to get one myself. Would have probably lost it before the trip was out anyway!

Met some right cracking lads out in Bucharest! Hope they all made it home safely!

I am like a burst couch! Cant see me touching a drop for the next week or so!

Must say that while i was not surprised with the quality of Steaua's play, I was well impressed with Bucharest as a city. The area where we were hanging out was clean,the bars nice and the locals friendly (the opposite to what the travelling supporters will encounter in Airdrie next week).

Note to Steaua fans - Airdrie is a shit hole! Do not travel alone. You could be pick pocketed, offered sex by 15 year old gran's to be, be lured into a life of herion abuse (easier to get heroin in the streets surrounding the stadium than a friendly hello). Please dont assume that Motherwell or other town / cities in Scotland are as deprived as what you will see in Airdrie.

Thanks again to our romanian friends,not least those who invited us to join them at 'Player's' nightclub where I witnessed the finest collection of beautiful girls in the one place ever.

Alright buddy I was supposed to bring 12 programmes back but by the time we got to the ground they were all away. I was luck enough to get 1 and that was finding it on the way to the shop. If I had a spare 1 you could have had it for free as thats how much they were on the night absolutely feck all. I think you will be hard pressed to get one but you never know.

Good luck anyway.

I thought I'd seen they were free. I've seen them on sale on E-Bay for around £6.

i tried to put it as my desktop background and it too big and only showing the text in the middle

Switch through "Positions" settings, to see which fits best. This is a wide-screen version. I'll be making a 4:3 one soon.

Thanks guys!

I'll be making a 4:3 one soon.

Here it is, 1600:1200 (4:3 Ratio)

post-1473-1249220766_thumb.jpg

Got back yesterday, another cracking trip.

Drinking sessions and late nights with Decorator, Big Tache, Infamous Wee Grafter, et al (all top guys), what the fuck is up with ordering Brandy and getting Pernod/Ricard?

The dug making it's second Euro trip.

Getting the tram to the game and quite possibly being the only 3 Well fans that weren't shepherded into the ground and sitting in a boozer round the corner with the Steaua fans. Leaving after the game and getting the bus back to the city with the Gypsys and Skinheads.

Beat by a much better team which is no shame, roll the next Euro trip.

And here you have the goals! :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8VJFmlI3Lc

Toja will play in the 2nd leg, but Ghionea (injured) and Goian (suspended) won't! :doh: Baciu and Tudose will replace them in the first XI. My guess, Bergodi will change some things and also the line-up. I bet on:

------------Zapata ---------------

Golanski, Tudose, Baciu,P.Marin

Nicolita, Ionescu, Onicas, Toja

-----------Surdu, Stancu---------

Got all the way back to Sciphol with no-one noticing then when we were boarding the last flight the guy was checking the passports then did a double take when he noticed the date. "Thish hash exshpired". Oor arses collapsed a bit but they were cool about it and it wasn't really a problem.

Whit a night out we had on Saturday. I've never seen so much awesome clunge in ma puff. Wall to wall perfect 10's.

Must say that while i was not surprised with the quality of Steaua's play, I was well impressed with Bucharest as a city. The area where we were hanging out was clean,the bars nice and the locals friendly (the opposite to what the travelling supporters will encounter in Airdrie next week).

Note to Steaua fans - Airdrie is a shit hole! Do not travel alone. You could be pick pocketed, offered sex by 15 year old gran's to be, be lured into a life of herion abuse (easier to get heroin in the streets surrounding the stadium than a friendly hello). Please dont assume that Motherwell or other town / cities in Scotland are as deprived as what you will see in Airdrie.

Thanks again to our romanian friends,not least those who invited us to join them at 'Player's' nightclub where I witnessed the finest collection of beautiful girls in the one place ever.

I was in there on Wedensday night apparently, wish I could remember more about it though.