Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

Just got back, what an awesome, awesome trip. I'll be back in Romania next year for ma holidays. Just amazing.

So did you enjoy our country? They call us "gipsies" or other stuff or poor Romanians... no?

By the way, nobody "visited" Club Bamboo? :nod: the biggest club from South-East! it's hugeeeeeeeeeeeeee... People come from all Europe even Central. There are 3 now in Romania, one in Bucharest, one in Mamaia near Constanta the seaside and one in Cluj-Napoca... Kelly Rowland this week-end in Bucharest and Lil' Kim the next week... but in Mamaia in the summer is great, Whitney Houston next week and also they have guests as Paris Hilton and Carmen Electra! Not joking...

http://www.bamboosportingclub.ro

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/lifestyle/real...78057-21565499/

Respect to Motherwell and to this man. Really impressive - left me with "no comment". Fotball really comes 3rd or 4th with this kind of saints - i wish you all the best.

I am really glad all of you had a really nice time in Romania. Fell free to contact me next time you want to visit our country - i can make the arrangements - this country has a lot to give and Bucharest is only a crowdy place.

Best Regards

Alin

alinbarbutz@yahoo.com

A few videos for your viewing pleasure:

Barcelona 0-2 Steaua, 1986 European Champions Cup Final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiXgSXstYZY

Steaua goalkeeper saves all four penalty shots..

And you're going to enjoy these two: :nod:

England 1-2 Romania (1998 World Cup, Group Stage) - Dan Petrescu nutmegging David Seaman in overtime

England 2-3 Romania (EURO 2000, Group Stage) - England goes home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqOLKZJKZZ4

Still a swine for pulling that one off!!!

On the Romanian women front - ah miss them sooooooooooo much!!!

thats for sure, never knew that everyone had been directed to the ground until your text. It must be my Eastern European suntan.

Ach its back to normality now, back at work, 36c, clear blue sky, its a hard life :nod:

Shit i forgot to remind you to call me when you got to the outlet store :mad:

PM your mobi and I'll give you a shout if I'm anywhere interesting. More than happy to rip you right off with the carriage back to the UK. Or you could just wait until your out here in February.

(Season doesn't kick off again until March, so no watching Celtic reserves).

Anyway, back on topic, when they came to Ujpest two weeks ago they were protecting a two goal lead and let Ujpest dictate the game. Ujpest pressured them a few times in the first half without scoring, but you always felt that they (Steaua) could score at anytime, which they did, winning 2-1. I would expect much the same on Thursday.

As for the hearding of the fans before and after the game, Steaua have been threatened with a 3 year ban after the last round, probably won't happen but the club and fans were probably just being careful as to not have any further problems

Hello to all Motherwell fans, Steaua fan coming in peace. Just wanted to let you know that judging from the latest reports from the club leaked out to the Romanian press we're going to field our reserve team, youngsters plus the new signings that didn't have too much chances to play so far. This combined with the fact that your players will be in front of their own fans should make for a little more of a balanced game than the one in Bucharest last week. May the best team win (hopefully that will still be Steaua though ;) )!

Timisoara will try to eliminate the current UEFA Cup champion, Shakhtar, after 2-2 in Donetsk. Tickets sold out, 35.000 supporters expekted... It's big interest! At least in Timisoara who is in the West of Romania, some people from South are ignorants..

dont know yet, i didnt see any confirmation on the sites, not even on the official page... maybe just on the forums! our newspapers are focused today more on Timisoara-Shakhtar... dont understand me wrong, its interest for Steaua's game too because they have a lot of fans who are watching thegame even they won 3-0. but there are always 200-300 supporters who go in every country for Steaua, plus other who work in the region...

BBC says this....

Motherwell v Steaua B'arest (0-3)

Motherwell boss Jim Gannon has injury concerns over Chris Humphrey and Keith Lasley ahead of Thursday's Europa League match against Steaua Bucharest.

Both players are rated doubtful, as Humphrey has a hamstring problem while Lasley picked up a knock in training.

Youngster Mark Archdeacon also has an injury and is unlikely to play feature at Airdrie's Excelsior Stadium.

The Steelmen are aiming overcome a 3-0 deficit from the third qualifying round first leg in Romania last week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherwell (from): Ruddy, Saunders, Hammell, Hutchinson, Reynolds, Craigan, Forbes, O'Brien, Slane, McGarry, Sutton, Kosiorowski, Jennings, Murphy, Page, McHugh, Fitzpatrick, Fraser, Coke, Humphrey, Lasley.

When purchasing tickets earlier was informed by the girl in the office that about 1000 tickets have been sold for the Steaua section. The vast majority were for fans living in the UK.

yes, its possible! with Boro in the semifinal of UEFA in 2006 they had almost 2000. they have fans all over the world, I remember the fans from United States asked Steaua to have a tour there.

Anyway, when Steaua plays in Italy or Germany they have 2000-3000 fans, when they play in Spain where is the biggest Romanian community, they have a lot. For example, on Santiago Bernabeu, there were 20.000. But Scotland is far...

That's pretty cool if there is a big away support. There were a few Steaua supporters getting their tickets when I was getting mine.

Any mention of the how many home tickets have been sold? I'm guessing most folk who were at the last two matches will be there although some will no doubt have been put off by the first leg result. My guess is just over 6000 (including away support).