Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the old guard would pick up on that when I read it :D . How did you get home so quick ?

never made it, attacked by a dug this morning, antibiotics I got from hospital didnae agree wi' me and landed back in casualty for second time so I watched it on t'net.

There's always one :D

sorry couldnae resist :)

Gannon was sent to the stand for doing the money sign to the referee....

You could see it clearly on the internet tv.

While I agree with the sentiment in the heat of the moment, you can't really suggest in sign language to the referee that he has been bribed and not expect to get sent to the stand.

Just in from the game tonight and I'm unsure how to feel.

Really happy with the 1st half performance, we played some tremendous stuff, if we had got the 2nd goal I really feel we would have won the tie. But as per usual a foreign referee fucks up Motherwell in Europe, he was a fucking diddy all night.

Let them away with murder and gave them what looked to me like a very very soft penalty. as soon as that happened it was game over.

Listening to the tranny on the way home and Chick Young said we could have had 3 pens.... I totally agree with this.

Plus points for me tonight where the performances of Forbes(What a peach of a goal), Hutchison(solid and neat on the ball), Sutton(thought he had a tremendous game) and I also thought Hammell had a good game tonight. Coke was also very impressive.

Dont know why both Gannon and Ward where sent to the stands, fucking shit refereeing.

Its one of those big "If" nights...... disappointed but happy all the same, plenty to look forward to for the season.

Rollon the league I cant wait for it to start.

George Becali, Steaua owner: "Motherwell were full of enthusiasm and ambition and we're not Barcelona either. We passed the best we could, but they gave us some trouble."

Valeriu Argăseală, chief executive: "They gave us a thrill, they had nothing to lose and gave it their best shot."

Cristiano Bergodi, coach: "We didn't play very well in the first half, only then did we pull it together. We didn't have a lot of chances either, but still scored three goals. That's good for a young squad like ours. Fielding Ninu and Bibishkov might have raised a few eyebrows, but they need to play official games to get back into shape. Some patience is still needed, as we have many youngsters. A very strong squad can emerge once they start playing to their full potential."

Did you miss them reading out Tam Cowan's text then?

He said the guard of honour we gave Steau was just the players lining up to give the ref a kickin!! :)

And whilst the players were doing the kicking Gannon put the head in :D

never made it, attacked by a dug this morning, antibiotics I got from hospital didnae agree wi' me and landed back in casualty for second time so I watched it on t'net.

Jesus, hope you're ok, mate. Do you know whose the dog is ?

Am really proud of them, who would have thought we'd have pulled that first half performance out the bag after the state McGhee left us in just a few weeks ago.

Totally agree with JG's sentiment, the ref had big team syndrome gave us nothing all night, give us one of the penalties and Steaua were rockin.

Their penalty changed the whole game, had an eye on the ref when the guy went down, didn't hesitate to give it (actually did think it was a penalty but thought ours were too!)

Good to see the manager get so emotional. Was a bit down when McGhee went and left us a threadbare squad, now bring it on. A couple new signings and we'll hit the ground running.

On a side note. Did anyone see the absolutely stunning burds in the box at the far end of the Main Stand.

I'm guessing that it was friends and family of maybe Coke or Humphrey... (have a guess why) but there was a couple of absolute honeys in there.

Heres hoping they will be at more games this year. Made my night.......

I don't think there's too much fans disputing the fact that the Steaua penalty should have been given. It's the inconsistency that's annoyed us all. 'Big Team Syndrome' as someone posted earlier. I thought watching us tonight was like watching us play the Squirm. Best team for most of the game and got humped!

Those highlights have made me even more angry, we had 2 stonewallers (was a great save by the defender like but he's no supposed to use his hands!), theirs to me had minimal contact, the guy could get a game for either of the ugly sisters going down like that!

:)

Good game Motherwell! Our team really needs a reality check, they are definantly not Barcelona as the shirts may suggest to the casual viewer not to be serious when playing, even if it's a weaker team on the other side of the pitch. They didn't deserve to win tonight but they pulled it off through loads of international experience and a very strict referee when it came to the decisions in our box. He really didn't give the hosts the usual 5%. For us, Steaua fans, the good that we can draw from this game is that our team managed to shake off the embarasment of the first half and we hope that the old saying in football that "a good team wins even when they have an off day" applies to Steaua too.

Wish your team and yourselves all the best and hope to see you in Europe again next year! Up the Well :) !

Good game Motherwell! Our team really needs a reality check, they are definantly not Barcelona as the shirts may suggest to the casual viewer not to be serious when playing, even if it's a weaker team on the other side of the pitch. They didn't deserve to win tonight but they pulled it off through loads of international experience and a very strict referee when it came to the decisions in our box. He really didn't give the hosts the usual 5%. For us, Steaua fans, the good that we can draw from this game is that our team managed to shake off the embarasment of the first half and we hope that the old saying in football that "a good team wins even when they have an off day" applies to Steaua too.

Wish your team and yourselves all the best and hope to see you in Europe again next year! Up the Well :) !

Excellant post my friend. Good to see an away fan with an unbiased veiw.

Good luck for the rest of the tournament, heres hoping to see Steaua in the Final.

Have to say it was a pen im afraid. :mellow: . We should've had one too mind you . Overall having seen the highlights i thought we did well and definately didn't deserve to lose on the night. So our adventure is over but i cant wait to see our young guns with hopefully 3 new signings on board for the start of the new season. BRING IT ON! :)