Steaua Vs Motherwell

rab_mackinnon

I really liked Reynolds playing where he did last night. I thought we lost our shape after he went off.

Some support from Steau Bucharest. Did they all travel over from Bucharest/Romania? Or would Govanhill have been deserted last night?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked Reynolds playing where he did last night. I thought we lost our shape after he went off.

Some support from Steau Bucharest. Did they all travel over from Bucharest/Romania? Or would Govanhill have been deserted last night?

Was reasonably impressed with Reynolds there. That said though he was done a little easily just before the penalty which preceded O'Brien charging in. A lot of ifs and buts last night though.

Last nights result was a travesty. Motherwell outplayed this team and embarrassed them for the first hour of the game.

We did, but let's be honest, Steau didn't really have to try all that hard last night. And despite that, they still scored with every shot they had on target, bar one save Ruddy had to make right near the end.

It was certainly a tenacious performance by our guys, but I have to say I don't think for a minute Steau would have let us score three or four without reply.

My biggest regret is that we didn't impress you guys like we did back home. The thing is that we could've, but we thought we're already qualified. I thought that the reserves, once in, they'll play they're hearts out, to impress the coach. Stupid mentality! We couldn't link 3-4 passes... Embarrasing for us. At least the Romanian supporters gave a nice show.

Not that I don't think you played great! You did, but we could've too. The ref was a clown, but saying that Steaua bribed the ref, it's a long and disrespectfull way.

This should've been a tighter score, you deserved it! But this is football. We've been fuck3d by the refs too in the past, and I don't think there is a team that wasn't "tricked" by a ref.

All in all, it was a great experience for us, and I know it's been for you too! You've surely got yourself another Well fan.

All the respect for Well and it's fans!

P.S. We'll be playing near Scotland the next round, Saint Patrick(Ireland) is our next opponent.

Obviously gutted to be out the Europa League, but we've got every reason to be proud of the performance last night. The first 60 minutes is easily the best we have played in the last 12 months considering the opposition. When we went out to Nancy last year I went home unhappy because we were shite but last night put a smile on my face and makes me very optimistic that we can have a successful season ahead of us.

Mon the Well!!!!!!!

15 minutes have passed and they're already showing off their idea of diplomacy on their fans' forum:

fuck it, lets do these gypsie pricks

I've got a lot of respect for Motherwell and its fans and I would've been happy for you, had you won 2-0 last night.. But I really want Steaua to humiliate these loudmouths.

They won't be travelling to Bucharest though (safer for them) - Steaua's ground got suspended for two Euro games after the incidents with Ujpest.

Heads held well and truly high.

The score last night is harsh on us - does not reflect the balance of play, and for an hour or so we were by far the better side and deserved to be further ahead. The very least we deserved was a draw on the night. The aggregate score is a bit of a sore face but I'm not disheartened - the aggregate Nancy score was 3-0 and I was really let down by both games and perfomances (not the trip to Nancy though!). Looking back to the UEFA Cup we just didn't compete anything like we should have whereas last night we controlled the game for at least 60% of the time and saw some great individual performances.

Considering where we were at the start of July and the despair after the Llanelli defeat I think we have grown immensely in five short weeks - Jim Gannon is showing us all the attributes the Stockport fans told us about and I have no doubt at all that the future is very bright.

I think we will look back on this Europa League campaign fondly - it was a typical Motherwell roller coaster ride. An inexplicable defeat to Llanelli in the first game , 8 goal demolition of Flamurtari, one of the best Motherwell performances in Europe (up there with Dortmund away) against Steaua Bucharest, the emergence of young talent like Slane, Forbes and Hutchison, rebirth of John Sutton and the discovery of Jim Gannon as a shrewd, intelligent and likeable manager .

Stuart.

I dunno if we would beat them, they have a very decent European record, surprisingly so. They got to this stage last year, defeating the team that knocked out Hibs en route and didn't disgrace themselves in losing to Hertha Berlin 2-0 on aggregate.

Interestingly enough, David Partridge plays for them. It should be fairly regulation for Steaua but you never know.

by Patsforlife on Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:20 pm Fuck.

Was hopin we would get a team that would give us a challange...guess we'll have to wait till the group stage for that icon_biggrin.gif

conway wrote:The Romanian league is ranked 9th

Let's beat these gypos!
yahoo.gif

desaintsno.12 wrote:fuck it, lets do these gypsie pricks

This ireland guys are teribble
:doh:
)