Player #4

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd heard last night that we were in for a 6'4" English keeper on loan from Everton, but I didnae bother posting it up as I didn't have an answer for the usual "Source!?" replies!

Had a swatch on the Toffees site last night and saw this character fitted the bill, and was really hoping it was him as he looked like he could do a very good job!

Great news!

Talking of goalkeepers, my team Tranmere have taken Luke Daniels on a season long loan from WBA.

I belive he had a short spell on loan at Motherwell.

He looked decent at Shrewsbuty in the play offs last season.

As for Ruddy, I live in Cambridge where he started his career. He seems to be one of those keepers that get's hyped up at an early age but he has found it hard to step up to the next level.

He must have been at Everton for 4-5 years and all they ever do is ship out on loan to lower league sides in England, exactly where he came from.

Are we getting all these guys on free transfers? If not I wouldny mind knowing how much we're paying, just out of curiosity considering the fact that we couldny afford 50K for a player last season.

This guy's on loan, and the other three are free transfers.

Are we getting all these guys on free transfers? If not I wouldny mind knowing how much we're paying, just out of curiosity considering the fact that we couldny afford 50K for a player last season.
I remember Boyle saying the new manager would have a budget to use on Bosmans or "small transfer fees" as he saw fit. Nore sure what would constitute a small fee, though.

Excellent news. As much time as I had for Mark McGhee, it's certainly refreshing to have a manager who (for the moment, at least) seems to be able just to go and get the players he needs, rather than waiting for months for his "contacts" to come up trumps.

Fantastic News!

We definitely need genuine competition for places in the goalkeeping department that should hopefully bring out the best in Fraser/Ruddy/Kosiorowski

Now all we definitely need is a right-back (competition for Saunders) and left-mid/striker (unless we convert Darren Smith back to that position as cover/competition for Jamie Murphy) and we're there!

We've got genuine competition for all places in midfield if you add the youngsters into the equation. If can get a loan signing of a Sutton-like striker (in case he gets injured) then we're alomost there!

Can't believe how excited I am about our potential and it's only pre-season! Long may it continue :thumbup: