Steaua Game Thursday - Is It On TV ?

johnstone

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd presume that surely BBC will pick this up? Steaua are a BIG name and having announced coverage of the Tims game the week after, surely they'd show at least one of the UEFA games, given Sigma Olumuc aren't exactly a 'name' you'd think it'd be ours.

I'd presume that surely BBC will pick this up? Steaua are a BIG name and having announced coverage of the Tims game the week after, surely they'd show at least one of the UEFA games, given Sigma Olumuc aren't exactly a 'name' you'd think it'd be ours.

Given the circumstances, you'd think so, wouldn't you? I'm not holding my breath...

When we played Dinamo Bucharest in the friendly in Austria two years ago it was live, so I'm sure the same Romanian channel will show this one. Wish I could remember its name though!

You'd think after the result in Thursday the Bigot Brothers Corporation would have been kicking themselves for not covering it and maybe decided to get the finger out.

They'll probs cover the game at Airdrie though to save some pennies and reducing the number of people gointo the actual game

Fannies.

BBC do have rights to the Celtic - Dinamo Moscow game. But. only the 2nd leg in Moscow.

This weeks tie is not on TV though.

Channel 5 and ITV4 lost the rights to UEFA Cup/Europa League matches to Setanta. But, due to the collapse of Setanta, don't think anyone knows where these stand.

Channel 5 and ITV4 lost the rights to UEFA Cup/Europa League matches to Setanta. But, due to the collapse of Setanta, don't think anyone knows where these stand.
That's likely the main problem. The Beeb and STV (and other UK boradcasters) will have planned and budgeted for not showing these games. Now that the contract holder (Setenta) has gone under, there will undoubtedly be a lot of legal shenanigans to be sorted out before anyone new can pick them up.

When we played Dinamo Bucharest in the friendly in Austria two years ago it was live, so I'm sure the same Romanian channel will show this one. Wish I could remember its name though!

I guess that was sport.ro. The game between Steaua and Motherwell will now be broadcasted by ProTv.

I don't know if you guys can see it on TV, but you'll definitely found the protv channel in here or here :whistling: They only work with I.E.