Paul Mcgrillen

Guest 'Flow

If uefa decree that we cannot show ourrespectand appreciation for the recently departed then so be it- it is their show (though shame on them for being so petty).

The home fixture against Killie would seem the obvious place to show our respects properly- our place, our rules- the correct place for us to mark the untimely passing of one of our own.

The home fixture against Killie would seem the obvious place to show our respects properly- our place, our rules- the correct place for us to mark the untimely passing of one of our own.

Or perhaps even the Falkirk game on October 3rd, as he had a pretty good three seasons for them, too. Might be just a wee bit too late by then though, I suppose.

Was at the funeral this morning. Over heard somebody saying that the home game with Killie will be used for the club to show respect.

It was very moving today and very fitting that so many people turned out for Paul.

Rest in peace wee man, Gone but NEVER forgotten.

I've been thinking about which of his goals I remember most - and it wasn't for us !

It was Paul's goal which he scored for Falkirk in the 1997 Scottish Cup semi final replay against Celtic which took the Bairns to the final. I remember celebrating that goal and result as though it was a Motherwell game - was delighted for him.

Stuart.

Ditto!

Was at the funeral this morning also. Was moving to see so many people there for him, special mention to Ally McCoist and Lee McCulloch for turning up and standing outside for the duration.

A good representation of the ex players from the club, including Alex Burns, Tommy Boyd, Stevie Kirk, John Philiben and Tommy Coyne. Wee Tommy Mclean was there too. There was probably more but that is all that I spotted. It is only when you see a funeral like that for yourself, that you feel the enormity of the devestation it has caused to the family.

R.I.P Paul

Scott

One of the kids I work with told me that he use to talk to Paul every week at a football training for kids in Glasgow from the schemes of Glasgow.

He described Paul as really friendly and always smiling and laughing, and that he would miss him.

As we all will.

RIP Paul

This is disgraceful if true, from todays paper.

UEFA:No snub

Uefa has denied they refused Motherwell permission to hold a minute's recognition for Paul McGrillen before Thursday's Europa League tie against Steaua Bucharest. Well fans were shocked there was no pre-match minute's applause or silence for former striker McGrillen. But a UEFA spokesman said: "There was no approach from Motherwell to us to show any mark of respect. "When it's a former player or manager, as was the case with the Motherwell player, we always look sympathetically on it."

UEFA:No snub

Uefa has denied they refused Motherwell permission to hold a minute's recognition for Paul McGrillen before Thursday's Europa League tie against Steaua Bucharest. Well fans were shocked there was no pre-match minute's applause or silence for former striker McGrillen. But a UEFA spokesman said: "There was no approach from Motherwell to us to show any mark of respect. "When it's a former player or manager, as was the case with the Motherwell player, we always look sympathetically on it."

I'd like to hear the clubs response to that. I'd be very disappointed if it turned out to be true.

The fact that they "would look sympathetically on it" suggests that they do have a rule that prohibits this. In that case, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody at UEFA quoted the rule to Motherwell and we didn't bother pursuing it. UEFA are pretty poor at communications and very good at taking two opposing positions at once,

As others have said, I think the first game it Fir Park is a more appropriate place for this to happen anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

No mark of respect before the game today. We have now played 3 games, UEFA was the first reason given, away game was the next reason given, well today was at home and it isn't good enough.

And before some on here start all the why bring this up now? and "well if your not happy contact the club" crap, lets remember our own and Paul was one of us and the least we could do is spend one min to remember him.

RIP Paul

No mark of respect before the game today. We have now played 3 games, UEFA was the first reason given, away game was the next reason given, well today was at home and it isn't good enough.

And before some on here start all the why bring this up now? and "well if your not happy contact the club" crap, lets remember our own and Paul was one of us and the least we could do is spend one min to remember him.

RIP Paul

I agree! It was a bloody disgrace. What the hell is happening here MFC let's get a grip and have a tribute Paul McGrillen and not to mention Brian McLaughlin and the youngster who died. For once I am absolutely disgusted by the club.

Maybe we should hear the club's side first. They obviously paid their respects on the official web site, so they certainly haven't been ignored.

there are no excuses from motherwell on this celtic had a minutes silence today for mclaughlin end of