A year ago....

1 Celtic 36

2 Rangers 34

3 Motherwell 32!!!!

Now

1 Celtic 44

2 Rangers 40

11 Motherwell 17

It's not nice reading at all. Think everyone of us didn't expect to be third, didn't demand it, but we certainly did not expect to be bottom along with the newly-promoted side just about half-way through.

Whatever you say about Motherwell's kamikaze style of football, there are usually enough highs to balance out the lows. There's underachievement and there's this. I think it would be easier for fans to take if there was at least some heart about the team and we had a manager who told it like it was rather than saying it will all be ok. I'll respect Mark McGhee a whole lot more if he comes out and acknowledges that we are in a mess.

The best of it was that Hamilton were shite aswell. 2 punts up the park an 2 goals. Worst game I've been to in a long time. There was no heart, no determination, no will to go and attack a ball. I'm furious with that. We're in big trouble if we drop any points against inverness and st mirren.

Its not just that we're losing, but its the fact that it by 2 goals or more most of the time. Confidence seems at an all-time low and its hard to know what to do.

Any team who concede cheap goals and miss chances are going to struggle, and right now that's us.

It may take a slice of luck for things to turn in our favour, and I sincerely hope it happens soon.

The best of it was that Hamilton were shite aswell. 2 punts up the park an 2 goals. Worst game I've been to in a long time. There was no heart, no determination, no will to go and attack a ball. I'm furious with that. We're in big trouble if we drop any points against inverness and st mirren.

I was thinking about last years run in to Xmas as well as I left Hamilton :lol:

And have to say I pretty much agree with WellArmy - Buzz had a good save as Offiong bore down on him in the 1st, and the two goals apart was a spectator

Accies were dreadful and until their first goal, although not setting the heather on fire, I reckoned we looked the more likely - but we simply implode when we need defenders to be strong - after the goal we were very poor, and as bad as they were, they, like Killie on Monday, defend much better than we do, and they took 2 of their few chances.

I assume MMG gives out the instruction to hit Porter & Sutton early - this is driving me feckin potty - they win very few high balls and the midfield never sem to be near the clearing header - think I'll go to bed just now and at least I can dream of last season

MON RA DOSSERS

Todays team:

Motherwell: Graeme Smith ,Saunders ,Klimpl ,Quinn ,Reynolds ,Hammell ,Murphy (O'Brien ,58 ) ,Lasley ,McGarry (Darren Smith ,64 ) ,Porter ,Sutton

Subs not used Nielsen,Malcolm,Fitzpatrick,McHugh,Hutchinson,

Same game last season:

Motherwell: Graeme Smith ,Quinn ,Craigan ,Reynolds ,Paterson ,Clarkson (Murphy ,67 ) ,Hughes (Lasley ,84 ) ,O'Donnell (Darren Smith ,65 ) ,McGarry ,McCormack ,Porter

Subs not used: Meldrum,Corrigan,Brian McLean,Fitzpatrick,

It's easy to see our problems stem from lack of quality cover, lack of players with skill and craft.

As well as players who were outstanding last year- namely Reynolds, McGarry, Lasley and Porter- being mainly pish this year, what can we expect.

I assume MMG gives out the instruction to hit Porter & Sutton early - this is driving me feckin potty - they win very few high balls

That's been an on-going problem this season and was blatantly obvious today. Any high balls punted up to the front two probably give the opposition about a 95% chance of regaining posession however we continue to play the high ball into them. To be fair Porter won a few today which is a change from the usual 0.