• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im guessing one of the steaua fans

Ofc we vote foe The Craig...Can you blame us?:(

In all fairness we know how you fell..4 years back..Steaua played the last Champion League qualifier against Rosenborg..and an own goal conceeded by our captain at the time Radoi..tipped us out of it:

He did the 3rd for them..in all fairness he did went "mental" and scored one back.

I shaved my chest after it:)

A strategy that seems to be working in Romania these days is rebuilding a team around a nucleus of 3-4 experienced players (but not too old) and then trying out youngsters. There are a few youth academies in the country that produce rough gems every once in a while, and a decent 17 year old costs what, a few tens of thousands? Tops.

I don't know how large your club's budget it, but it looks like you have a dedicated and tactically-savvy manager. What about a corresponding figure within the club's management? Someone on the lookout for young talents in the UK and even places like Scandinavia. For little money you could invest in youngsters (even more than you do now) and hit two birds with one stone: stay afloat in the SPL and create a strong team for the future. I think your best possible transfer would be a club executive/scout with an eye for talented kids.

Possibly, an idea just to scrap giving out 2nd and 3rd place points for this one. Considering Craggs is sitting second with less than half a dozen votes, most of which I assume are from our Steaua fans. Perhaps a set minimum of votes needs to be made to earn overall points, as receiving 5 votes is hardly worth 2 points for a 2nd place finish. This for ones that are keeping track with the motm awards throughout the season.

Don't think we will see another landslide like this one for the rest of the season.

Possibly, an idea just to scrap giving out 2nd and 3rd place points for this one. Considering Craggs is sitting second with less than half a dozen votes, most of which I assume are from our Steaua fans. Perhaps a set minimum of votes needs to be made to earn overall points, as receiving 5 votes is hardly worth 2 points for a 2nd place finish. This for ones that are keeping track with the motm awards throughout the season.

Don't think we will see another landslide like this one for the rest of the season.

Yeah I know where you're coming from DC'd. Its not gone unnoticed that I'd have some of kind of decision to make on this one as its clearly been a case of the Steaua fans having a laugh with the Craigan votes.

Alternatively could just ignore any votes cast for him and award the 2nd and 3rd on the basis of other votes cast but arguably that's skewed too with O'Brien sitting with a vote :(

I'll see how it looks by tomorrow night and take it from there.

Just woke yup after getting back home at about half 1. Had a great time apart from the football though :mellow:

Anyway, on to the match , I thought JG got his tactics wrong and thought Murphy should have played. Havong said that I still have 100% faith in JG and I'm sure he will learn from that.

Stephen Craigan - For me he never looked like our most experience player and thought he was extremely poor. I didn't think he had to touch the ball for his OG, that was just my opinion though and haven't saw any replays.

Jennings - I thought he was also poor, however I am not writing him off yet as I think he beeds to work on his fitness and he could be good in the future.

Ruddy - I am sure it has all been said before but he was fantastic. Apart from his kicking that is :lol: But to be fair the pitch was absolute shocking for a team of that quality and stature and the ball was bobbling all over the place. Back to Ruddy he was my MOTM by far.

A note On Steaua - they were absolutey fantastic and even I applauded their second goal. They taught us a lesson in football, which I think the younger players will learn from.

Also, this might be controversial , a few Motherwell fans at the game were moaning at the Referee. IMO he did make a couple of mistakes, but only minor mistakes which you are always going to get. However on a whole I thought he had a great game and got all the big decisions right. I thought the penalty was a stonewaller but again I could be wrong as I don't have the benefit of replays.

Ruddy was immense. What a change to see a keeper with a commanding presence

. To be honest,I dread to think what the score would have been with Fraser or even Smith in goals.Coke looked decent in midfield and Slane was a lot more effective when he played up front.Surprisingly, I also thought Sutton did quite well considering the level of opposition.

PS does anyone know if Forbes was injured, or a tactical change to give a 4-4-2 a more balanced midfield?

PS does anyone know if Forbes was injured, or a tactical change to give a 4-4-2 a more balanced midfield?

Several reasons really..

- Looked completely lost against the quality of Ionescu and the other Steaua central midfielders, was chasing shadows at times

- Seemed to be really affected by giving away the penalty, the head went down and Gannon realised this, took him off before it could affect him any more. Dwelt on it too much

- Reynolds was getting absolutely fucked down the left side and put on a 2nd left back to protect that side of the park, similar to McGhee playing Quinn and McLean to combat the threat of McGeady last year.

Probably more reasons for the substition, but those 3 were clear.