What Kind Of Centre Forward Do We Need?

tree

Apart from one who scores goals, what are people looking for?

I agree with those who say Sutton needs someone beside him who can play around him.

Someone like David Connolly would be perfect for me (available on a free from Sunderland). The right age at 31 and an experienced International. His days of being on a large wage are over and maybe 2/3 years near his beloved would be good for The Well. Not sure why he hasn't played a lot lately, but a good goal scorer.

I know its fruitless but anyone care to suggest a partner type for Sutton?

I'm happy to give Murphy a shot at partnering Sutton. I think we need someone else who can fill Sutton/Porter type role as we need 4 capable front men in the squad. Another forward who can complement that sort of striker also be handy.

Might an idea to see if can convert players we have already here, O'Brien through middle if Slane and Humphrey become the widemen of choice? Darren Smith(don't see it happening though) always felt had an eye for goal, not sure he could hack it through the middle but he a fairly big lad I'd at least try him there in reserves see how he does whilst he still collecting a wage.

Personally i've seen enough of Sutton to suggest he needs replaced not partnered. He's not mobile enough cant play people in or hold the ball up not a great striker of a ball either as he more often than not pulls his shots wide. Can header i'll admit but overall im not a fan of his. :( .

Think we need botha big power house and a mobile run into channels dude. Not seen a lot of the kids so they might do in either of these roles. If he goes for the one up we need a big guy able to hold up the ball ad let slane etc catch up in the final third. Sutton I think is a little bt short of playing this roll. Think he is better running onto the ball than holding it up.

a fast dude to give us the counter attacking threat as we have good speed on the flanks so a striker that can take advantage as someone said a team is at its weakest when it has just lost the ball. With speed we can capatilise. How though that would fit into Gannons 4-2-3-1 shape I don't know.

Desperately need someone in up front as it is goals which will get you up the table. Might be doing the kids though a slight, They will no doubt want to use the time on the itch to the best and stake a claim. Would like to see them develop. On the other hand want a clarky who can bag loads of goals for us. Deviland the sea.

A Dougie Arnott or Tommy Coyne would be good.

The lad McHugh looke as if he has the potential to develop that nuisance value that the wee man had. Doug must have been a nightmare to play againgst the amount of free kicks and turned inside out defenders he created with his in yer face play was amazing. & by fuck did he know where the net was.

Id love a wee striker like Dougie arrnott to terrorise the defences and give sutton someone to flick the ball to.

Suttons not the greatest but with a wee striker to feed off his knockdowns. ithink it could make all the difference.

Lets just bring wee Dougie out of retirement <_<

CMON THE WELL

i would prefer a lefty that can can play left wing as well as up front. a direct, quick player that is technically gifted. don't know who we could get 2 fill this role tho. more than likely a 22 year old from the english football league 1 or 2 since gannon doesnt seem 2 know about the scottish market

would love us to sign a set peice taker as well we really missed ross mccormacks and lappins deliverys last season