Ruddy

Philcounty

If he plays as well as he did the other night for the next six months there could easily be bigger fish than us sniffing about come Christmas.

Can't really think of any really good reliable keepers in the SPL, Cerny and the OF aside.

Hopefully the Gammon connection will persuade him to hang about, if we can afford the fee.

If he plays as well as he did the other night for the next six months there could easily be bigger fish than us sniffing about come Christmas.

Can't really think of any really good reliable keepers in the SPL, Cerny and the OF aside.

Hopefully the Gammon connection will persuade him to hang about, if we can afford the fee.

what about last years hearts goalkeeper and langfield

also alan combe <<<<<!!!!!

We signed him on a loan with view to a permanent move which would suggest that we have both first refusal and a transfer fee agreed! He joined Everton in summer 2005 on a 5 year deal (i think) and Ive seen nothing regarding any contract extensions which would mean he is available on a bosman next summer with a nominal fee so Id suggest a move in January would probably cost around the £100k mark which would be very good business indeed going by how well he has done in previous loan spells + how well he started here

I can't see Motherwell paying 250k for any player, but if Ruddy proves to be as good as his debut suggests then I'd like to think we would offer the relevant parties as much as we can afford. Money from transfers has been made, surely some of that has to be reinvested?!

It looks like he signed a 5 year deal for Everton in 2005, so at the end of the upcoming season he should be available on a Bosman. Hopefully the 'first dibs' deal we have arranged will allow us to pick up him up for free, or close to free.

Comparing a game to real-life.

A game who's database Everton Football Club paid a hansom price to have first dibs on* :D

As for Ruddy he was quite solid, but I think his reputation has risen due to his penalty save (which if the oficials were spot on would have forced a re-take). Nor can anyone say if anyone else was in goal it would have been worse. His positioning for the third goal can be questioned too.

Apart from that, I think the tranfer fee is tiny for someone who has been tipped by Moyes to be a future England keeper :thumbup:

*Not including game makers and researchers of course

Didn't Wee Spenny cost us more than Gaag? £700k sticks in my head.

Yeah Gullane, I've seen anything from £500,000 - £700,000 mentioned for Spencer's fee.

Only mentioned the Van der Gaag fee as someone had asked about it earlier in the thread, wasn't claiming it to be the biggest fee.