St. Johnstone @ Mcdairmid

Steve Diggle

Any ideas on how to get to the Stadium from the train station?

Erm, unless you're quite fit i wouldn't, the car park is big (been selling stuff for holiday funds at the boot sales there recently!!) but i dont know about prices, If the Mrs grandparents are back they'll give us a run in, if not i doubt we will go

Mr Dinosaur's guide to being in Perth,

The train station is miles away from the ground, as has been said get a taxi from the station if you don't fancy the walk. If you can get to Mill street bus station (opposite the cinema, next to Sportsters) then get the number 13 which stops at the big Tesco opposite the stadium.

As for parking, the ground is the easiest place to park but cost about a fiver last year. Street parking is pretty limited or you could risk parking in Tesco or B&Q.

If anyone is getting the bus and not bothered about going for a pint or anything to eat then get off at Broxden and get a taxi to the ground. The grounds only about half a mile away but I wouldn't risk walking along the A9!! The bus station in the town is beside the train so follow instructions from that bit.

Closest pub to the ground is the 208 (across from the crematorium). But its pretty tight so get there really early if you want a seat. Never really drank anywhere else up that side of the town so can't give anymore recommendations.

In the town about all the pubs are safe, only one I may avoid is the B-Bar (never been in but it's not got a rep for nothing). Prices are generally about the same regardless where you go, theres a 'Spoons beside the Tay but thats means you'd be even further away from the ground. If you want to watch the Aberdeen-Celtc game before then I'd prob recommend The Foundry or Sportsters and the Sandeman. The smaller pubs in Perth tend not to have Sky.

thats about all i can think of the now. but if anyone else needs some info then give me a shout.

Mr Dinosaur's guide to being in Perth,

The train station is miles away from the ground, as has been said get a taxi from the station if you don't fancy the walk. If you can get to Mill street bus station (opposite the cinema, next to Sportsters) then get the number 13 which stops at the big Tesco opposite the stadium.

As for parking, the ground is the easiest place to park but cost about a fiver last year. Street parking is pretty limited or you could risk parking in Tesco or B&Q.

If anyone is getting the bus and not bothered about going for a pint or anything to eat then get off at Broxden and get a taxi to the ground. The grounds only about half a mile away but I wouldn't risk walking along the A9!! The bus station in the town is beside the train so follow instructions from that bit.

Closest pub to the ground is the 208 (across from the crematorium). But its pretty tight so get there really early if you want a seat. Never really drank anywhere else up that side of the town so can't give anymore recommendations.

In the town about all the pubs are safe, only one I may avoid is the B-Bar (never been in but it's not got a rep for nothing). Prices are generally about the same regardless where you go, theres a 'Spoons beside the Tay but thats means you'd be even further away from the ground. If you want to watch the Aberdeen-Celtc game before then I'd prob recommend The Foundry or Sportsters and the Sandeman. The smaller pubs in Perth tend not to have Sky.

thats about all i can think of the now. but if anyone else needs some info then give me a shout.

Nice info thanks mate. What's the price of a taxi from the town to the park?

I hope Motherwell offer the same when they come visiting. It grates me to see our fans treated poorly at away grounds yet Motherwell offer the other teams discounts when they come to visit Fir Park. The moral high ground means fuck all in the SPL and even less when its our fans who get fleeced.

I hate to stop you in mid rant but Motherwell charge the same as most clubs too.

I was £21 on both occasions at Fir Park last season. Not moaning though as that was what we charged too.

I hate to stop you in mid rant but Motherwell charge the same as most clubs too.

I was £21 on both occasions at Fir Park last season. Not moaning though as that was what we charged too.

Wrong - you were charged £22 :lol:

My rant was about Motherwell offering student prices and St Johnstone not. If St Johnstone don't offer a discount to Well fans then why should Motherwell offer St Johnstone fans a discount?

I take your point, but if all clubs took that attitude then prices would only go up for everyone, and it would be the ordinary punter like you and I who would suffer.

It baffles me that clubs don't reach agreements with each other to recipricate reduced prices like they did a few years back, especially for games which involve a longer journey for away fans.