Ok So Your The Owner Of Mfc

East_Stand_Al

The Manager  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Support

• Allow Mark McGhee some slack, giving him what funds are available to strengthen in January but have the "If things do not improve then we have to part company " chat
    • go down the Blackburn and Leeds route, bring in someone new giving them the available funds hopefully injecting the momentum that always seems to follow the appointment of a new manager, if so who comes in ?

If I was the owner the one person that I'd want to stay is McGhee.

Porter, Hughes, Smith and Malcolm would be told that they had until the 31st December to sign a new deal. If they don't, I'd take the best offers for them during the January transfer window.

McGhee would then get this cash and the wages that have been freed up to get new players in. It's unlikely to be freebies as it's January. The only problem with this is that it means that we may pay slightly over the odds to get someone in. I'd also be asking what players he is looking for in July. Bearing in mind that some of these players may be out of contract then and if a pre contract is signed it might be easier to deal with their clubs for a January move.

If no bids came in then funds would have to be found to allow loan moves, first one would have to be Lappin. Possibly one or two permanent signings.

If I was the owner the one person that I'd want to stay is McGhee.

Porter, Hughes, Smith and Malcolm would be told that they had until the 31st December to sign a new deal. If they don't, I'd take the best offers for them during the January transfer window.

McGhee would then get this cash and the wages that have been freed up to get new players in. It's unlikely to be freebies as it's January. The only problem with this is that it means that we may pay slightly over the odds to get someone in. I'd also be asking what players he is looking for in July. Bearing in mind that some of these players may be out of contract then and if a pre contract is signed it might be easier to deal with their clubs for a January move.

If no bids came in then funds would have to be found to allow loan moves, first one would have to be Lappin. Possibly one or two permanent signings.

Fucking hell man! Any chance you have a few million quid to buy Motherwell FC! I would be willing to put all that I have spare... £21.24 :lol:

PS. If no one noticed, I agree with what this has been said!

I agree, for all the guy done last season he deserves a chance. I'm not prepared to give him ages right enough. Two defeats in our next two games, might see opinions become even more negative. Although, I think he needs to screw the nut and cut out with the arrogant talk in the papers. I agree with the point of just getting the cash for players who don't want to commit. Look at Rossco last season after Christmas. Waste of space. It makes me laugh when I hear folk going on about how we miss him. It's been about a year since now that he last played well for us anwyay.

Tell him to stop with the bollocks excuses that everyone is playing like individuals and not a team. The reason we are shite is because we have went from playing passing football on the decks to hoofing long balls up to the strikers.

Its bad enough when the keeper and central defenders do it - at least historically thats what players in those positions did. But when your full backs progress 10 yards into opposition half and then hoof a long diagonal ball to Porter, its no wonder we cant score a fucking goal!!

In short, tell him to coach his fucking team to play football!!!

Sack him ... we cannot afford to now with his super duper improved contract. I was raging when we improved his contract to stay, he is obviously balancing up the odds and he didnae want to take the chance jumping to Hearts, guy is a chancer and now we cant get rid unless he decides to go, the down side is if we are pish he plays, I had no money card. I personally would like to meet him and smack his chops.

If I was the owner of the club I would be looking at two major concerns, firstly the sense of a lack of any permenancy of the manager/players at the club and secondly the falling attendances.

Although I enjoyed last season and did feel that the team played some of the best football in years I did not feel at any time that we were at the start of something big at the club. This was due to the uncertainty about the managers future and therefore an uncertaintity about the future of many of the players. I think that that uncertainty has come home to roost this season.

Mark Reynolds, Stephen Hughes and Chris Porter all look unsettled and look like players who don't believe they will be in a relegation dog fight at the end of the season because they don't think in their heart of hearts that they will be at the club come the end of the season. These players are not fighting for a cause and it is very obvious. Why did Mark McGhee openly promote a better future for these players at other clubs rather than promoting a brighter future at Motherwell? You could say MM was being realistic but success comes from dreaming, aiming high and having optimism for the future. Realism though practical is not often inspiring.

So I would be sitting MM down and asking him about his vision of the clubs future and his roll within that. If he was to then answer in his usual all things to all men, non commital, you don't know what the future holds kind of way I would be cutting my loses now and looking for a new manager. If on the other hand he had a long term plan (ie 2/3 year), that involved our most promising first team players fused with the talanted young players and some signing targets I would give him a chance. Then I would ask him to share that vision with the fans such that the fans might also have something to believe in and buy into. Hopefully that would go some way towards solving the second problem of falling attendances. Then I would cut all gate prices to £15 and abolish this totally ridiculous pricing scheme that is in place at the moment.

I believe that MM is the right man for the job but only if he wants to be at the club. For what it's worth I think he made a big mistake not taking the Hearts job. He actually did an admirable thing walking away from that job, but unfortunately as far as the fans are concerned it was too little too late and he has never recovered from that. His indecision at that time has permeated through everything that has happened at the club since. It is going to take a big statement of intent to change that.

I'd be sitting him down demanding he gives me assurances of his total unequivocal unconditional commitment to our club. I'd be insisting that he pledges his full consideration to Motherwell's present plight and future ambitions, with no hankerings to jump ship at the first opportunity!

If he gives me the dedication I'm looking for then I would back him all the way, but even if he wavers in his answer I'd show him the same fidelity he's shown us and pap him out on his arse as soon as I identified his successor!

I don't like clubs who sack the manager at the first sign of a problem, so I'm all for McGhee staying on. Fergie always talks about the mark of a good team/manager is not playing well, but rather how you bounce back from adversity.

So, give the guy (and the players) a chance to turn it around, and prove that he has the talent to fix things.

I don't think it's a knee-jerk reaction, we've clearly been playing poorly for a wee while now. But at the same time, I don't think any manager deserves the sack after one bad less-than-half season (more like quarter-season in fact, given we were third after the first quarter). Especially having had some success the previous season--it would be different if he'd come in and been mince right from the start.

Guest Papaguigz

I voted to give him more time. You don't become a bad manager over night. If nothing else, we know that Leitchy gives a shit. However, I think that might be the problem. Too many guys out of contract and perhaps McGhee not preparing properly for the season ahead in the summer, thinking he was leaving.

If the likes of Hughes, Porter etc don't want to play for Motherwell, then bye, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out. The Well will prevail. The 17s and the 19s are full of talented, dedicated boys who would break an arm to play for the first time (of course, that puts them on JP's table!) and perhaps them, like Saunders, deserve a go.

The Dossers play better when they have a cause. It's up to McGhee to give them one. Journeymen never play for the badge. Perhaps we should find people who would. And, of course, there are all these wondeful contacts McGhee has in Europe ... em, SAYS he has... where is the talented 18 year old German or something that needs a run of first team games?

It's time for radical measures.

1. bring in Bryan Jackson as chairman to sort out and run a tight ship

2. Sit MMG down for a good chat, tell him in no uncertain terms either he commits to a 2-3 year plan and stops his shite, or bye bye.

3. look at Smith and Hughes Contracts, Ports is away no matter what and Boab isnt worth the money so let them go.

4. Go all guns blazing for a left sided striker, monster centre half and utility full back either on loan or signed from obscure eastern european type team. Also sound out and sign 2-3 players on pre contracts

5. Get rid of McGarry,and any other dead wood in the squad and loan out 3-4 of the best youngsters to 1st/2nd div teams for experience

6. cost out a training ground for the club, have facilities like Sports injury clinic,gym, astro pitch,indoor pitch to hire out to general public when not used by club

7. cost and compare stadium plans, 1 new 12,500 seat ground

(with possible facilities including conference suite,sports bar,hotel,club museum,office space)

v new main stand,east stand + pitch at fir park

8. sort costs at games, cheaper entry, family deals, bring a friend,etc, plus season ticket scheme like bradfords, prices get lower the more are bought, ie 2000 sold = £275, 3000 sold = £225, 4000 sold = £175 type thing.

all sounds so easy eh! :rolleyes:

And remember it will only be full once every 14 years when we get into Europe. :rolleyes:

ah but i forgot to mention the 2nd part of that plan! il write begging letters to the old firm requesting their fans grace us with their presence for the handsome sum of £2.50!......... or maybe not!