Accies game

daver

I noticed on the club website that the game at Accies on the 20th is pay at the gate for visiting supporters. The fact it's a lunch-time kick-off and on tv might mean it's not going to be an issue but I wasn't expecting this and can't help but think it's asking for trouble.

Quite surprised if its pay at the gate

Accies website is reporting it as ticket only :huh:

Thursday, 25 September 2008 Tickets for our next home game v Motherwell, on Saturday 20th December, kick off 12.30pm, live on Setanta, go on sale next Monday. Admission to this match is by ticket only, priced Adults £22 and Concessions £11. Season ticket holders get in as normal on production of their book at the turnstiles. Tickets for Motherwell fans are only available from Fir Park

would imagine its almost guaranteed to be a sell out :rolleyes:

As far as I know it holds about 2000.

While we may not completely sell it out it won't be far from full. I for one will be trying to get there early as it's pretty likely there'll be the usual carry on with two turnstiles open, lack of change and then not being able to find more than two seats together.

I missed the kick-off at Falkirk for all of the above reasons despite the place being nowhere near full and me arriving at 2.45. Maybe Accies will surprise me and be super-efficient!

Does anyone else think this is a stone wall sell out in the away end ? Maybe Hamilton won't sell out their end but i think many will come out the woodwork for Accies away due to the small distance, many of my friends who go to the occasional game due to other commitments all had this down as a MUST-SEE match so i'm quite suprised to see this is a pay at the gate match.

I have never seen an Accies/Well game sell out and the way the two teams are playing these days I can't imagine this one being sold out either.

I've never seen an Accies/Well game sell out either but I've been to a good few with higher attendances than their current ground holds. I know this game won't sell out but it's not beyond the realms of possibilty for us to fill the away stand.

I'm sure I read something ages ago about it being a ticket match with tickets going on sale on Wednesday. No idea where I got that from :rolleyes:

You are right, I read this too and without being 100% sure where I read it, I would have to assume its been on the official site.

I remember looking on the official a while back as I knew I would have to sort out arrangements to get a ticket if was an all-ticket game.

It also mentioned something about "the" stand we'd be in - the one behind the goals. It caught my attention as some on the Accies forum seemed to believe we were going to get much the same as the Old Firm get - behind the goals, the temporary stand along the touchline - and possibly the last section of their stand.

I would think between the stand behind the goals and the temporary stand that should be sufficient for us given time of year/recent form/live on telly/early kick-off.

I'm not sure we'll sell it out, considering its the last Saturday before crimbo and its on Setanta. Can't see me being there if I'm honest, money is tight.

Can a Mod' please change the title of this thread in case it misleads any other fans that haven't already been misled by the fishel site :D

I've checked with the club and they have said:

the Hamilton Accies match is an all ticket match, tickets must be purchased in advance for this game from MFC ticket office

Well, the tickets and travel: latest ticket info. still says:

Tickets for the Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture against Hamilton Accies on Saturday 20th December are available on the gate at New Douglas Park, with admission prices as follows:

acciessamll.jpgAdults £22 North Stand Concessions £11 North Stand

Motherwell's recorded message on the telephone system also says it is pay at the turnstile.

both accies & st mirren are ticket only at present. we picked ours up on wed don,t know how well they are selling but tried to get our adult/child free tkts for the ict game & the east stand was pretty busy by the look of things maybe because it is so near uncle phil,s anniversary

Read somewhere (maybe P&B) that we have only taken 500 tickets for Love Street as they are expecting to sell out due to the occassion, so anyone thinking of going and waiting til the last minute might find themselves in bother, best to get them early I'd suggest.