The Green Green Grass Of Home

delboy

each season the surface will get better and better :)

here here, Rome was built in a day and the firpark pitch has a few years to mature

Well done to the ground staff for all their hard work, I know you'll have the last laugh

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you no hear, it's in a bad nick cos of a few foxes digging it up! No I'm no shitting you! lol

I bet they're regretting choosing Fir Park for the Cup semi now. That's hardly gonna help the pitch recover either is it!

I did hear about the foxes when I watched the game back tonight they mentioned it on ESPN, however they never said whether they were 'well foxes or trialists :)

Pitch didn't look the greatest but I thought it still looked better than Rugby Park did last weekend where it was reported that the weather, undersoil heating and covers had caused the damage - not too dis-similar to what we are hearing about Fir Park.

In fairness its exactly as was said by the club back when the pitch was first sown that it would likely have a tricky first year, particularly when winter arrived. Thereafter it would better with each passing season, which ofcourse remains to be seen.

I do have some reservations about what will be said after the CIS Semi. Not so much with the pitch but for those who'll be in the East Stand (Falkirk fans I think). There's already a thread about it so I'm not going to start another but whilst I've got no hassles with 'Well fans commenting on it - might be shit but its our shit and many of us love it - but it won't be nice to have to opposition fans walking in and meeting two dustbins collecting drips from the roof slating it and us.

While taking on board everything that's been said about the weather and the infancy of the pitch and all that as mitigating circumstances.

The first thing I thought when I looked at it 20 mins befor kick of was that it had been played on a fair bit.

IF that is the case then it's really poor show

i'll try to explain

tractor marks - the pitch was due a feed so the spray tank is operated on the back of the tractor, so the tractor is a necessary evil

the hellish weather coupled with the need of undersoil heating, pitch covers and the age of the pitch has left it in this state

we have tried our best to get the pitch in as good nick as possible, but unfortunately we cant control the weather we can only guard against it

at half time i walked up and the down the east wing fixing the divets even down on my hands and knees making sure its green-side up!

because its such a porous surface the water just slinks right through it, the irrigation has been going, firing water onto every area of the pitch especially through the center where play is mainly.

each season the surface will get better and better <_<

Now, when the pitch designers are raising concerns... :P Care to explain the process of 'leaching' to the punters? Tut, Tut, groundsman. Totally avoidable, but, hey, you can post hollow claim of trying your best and can only guard against the weather...

Money down the drain. Literally. <_<

Pitch didn't look the greatest but I thought it still looked better than Rugby Park did last weekend where it was reported that the weather, undersoil heating and covers had caused the damage - not too dis-similar to what we are hearing about Fir Park.

In fairness its exactly as was said by the club back when the pitch was first sown that it would likely have a tricky first year, particularly when winter arrived. Thereafter it would better with each passing season, which ofcourse remains to be seen.

I do have some reservations about what will be said after the CIS Semi. Not so much with the pitch but for those who'll be in the East Stand (Falkirk fans I think). There's already a thread about it so I'm not going to start another but whilst I've got no hassles with 'Well fans commenting on it - might be shit but its our shit and many of us love it - but it won't be nice to have to opposition fans walking in and meeting two dustbins collecting drips from the roof slating it and us.

Spot on. Sadly I think our pitch/stadium is going to be a national talking point (again) come Feb 3rd.

Spot on. Sadly I think our pitch/stadium is going to be a national talking point (again) come Feb 3rd.

That will be easily solved, all we do is wheel out one of the HCCs 'Comical Alis' who will defend everything that is claret and amber related to the hilt even if it is plain wrong and let them loose on the media.

It was never this bad during Andy Russells day. Don't blame the underground pipes either. As was stated before, why drive a tractor over a sodden, soaking wet piece of ground. Did the alledged foxes eat 4 out of 5 blades of grass also?

For the money we spent for this I would say it's a disgrace.

Christ even the guy who used to go after the balls that were kicked out the ground was stamping the sods down with his trainers.

This pitch will be rutted just like the last one in no time. Get a grip!!! <_<

It was never this bad during Andy Russells day. Don't blame the underground pipes either. As was stated before, why drive a tractor over a sodden, soaking wet piece of ground. Did the alledged foxes eat 4 out of 5 blades of grass also?

For the money we spent for this I would say it's a disgrace.

Christ even the guy who used to go after the balls that were kicked out the ground was stamping the sods down with his trainers.

This pitch will be rutted just like the last one in no time. Get a grip!!! <_>

:lol:

The pitch looks pretty bad, which is a shame considering that's probably where all the money from Clarkson went!! I'll need to consult the highlights from other games to see if everone elses look just as bad, if they don't, then serious questions need to be asked as the media are already falling over themselves toput the boot in.

I would also highly recommend that Ruddy takes a touch before clearing the ball in future as on a few occassions yesterday it looked like the ball might take an unfortunate bounce (or not!) and go under his foot.

Pitch was crap. Something is going very badly wrong at Fir Park with regards to keeping it in good nick. Blaming the weather is no longer an option as no other team seems to have problems like we do.

Out of interest what was the pitch at ICT like? They had weather far worse than us and seem to have come out of it no bother at all.

Echo what many others have already said. Pitch is disgraceful. Reputedly spent about £400K during close season on it too. Work was done - we all so 'Flow's pictures. However it looked as though there had been a game of horse polo played on it. It was downright dangerous with all the holes - made by foxes!!!! :)

Its just not good enough and comparing it to other teams pitches is a completely pointless exercise. Just because other teams pitches are poor is no justification for ours being poor.

IMO the problem is the ground staff who on this evidence and previous seasons just don't seem to know what they are doing.

There is no grass growth during the winter months so there is no need to be applying fertiliser, feed or water ergo no need to have a heavy tractor on a sodden pitch. Not the first time this has been seen.

Downright incompetence.

Pitch was crap. Something is going very badly wrong at Fir Park with regards to keeping it in good nick. Blaming the weather is no longer an option as no other team seems to have problems like we do.

Out of interest what was the pitch at ICT like? They had weather far worse than us and seem to have come out of it no bother at all.

The Inverness pitch is next to a body of water at sea level. Motherwell is inland and 250 feet above sea level. Under the same conditions that can mean a difference of 1 or 2 degrees.

More than likely our pitch was subject to worse weather than the one at Inverness. In fact I think I'm right in saying Fir Park is the second highest stadium in Scotland after Broadwood.