The Green Green Grass Of Home

delboy

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see how it's mental. It's obviously playable or the game would have been off so the players should get on with it and do their stuff. Half of them grew up playing on ash and gravel for fuck sake.

FFS the match today was wasted because of the pitch. Does that mean all of our players just shite because they can't play well on it?

you said they could play on any surface? thats Bollox IMHO

the quality of football deteriorates and the risk of injury increases

but I respect your opinion :P

Edit: which players didn't just get on with it?????????????

Any surface as in, grass or shite grass. I didn't mean like, fire or that :lol:

I was getting a bit frustrated with how many times we played it long over the top today (which tbh wasn't a lot, but it was more that we have in the last 4 or 5 games).

FFS the match today was wasted because of the pitch. Does that mean all of our players just shite because they can't play well on it?

Did I say that? :huh:

but I respect your opinion :lol:

Edit: which players didn't just get on with it?????????????

Exactly. As I've said in a previous post I saw a couple of players trip up on potholes. I'm sure a pitch like that also makes things harder when there are sprints on for loose balls/50-50s. The less committed player will be crapping himself on that surface.

Also no bugger can turn, if the ball is behind you (which is, granted, a shit pass but we see loads of them at SPL level) the defender is going to win it every time. Number of times Sutton lost out to a defender today because his turn was at half pace. The football was shit and I know neither the Accies or us are world beaters but we are better than that. Our game at their place showed that.

Whereas I appreciate the line that the new surface will take a bit of time to "knit" together, if that is the nick that it is at the moment I shudder to think how it will be by the end of the season. It is like a patchwork quilt - so much for growing a surface from seed rather than laying turf.

I fear that another few hundred grand will have to be spent at the end of the season.

It also means that us, the paying public, are forced to watch some really shit football as the ball is constantly humped up the park to avoid trying to pass the ball on that shit surface. It was a big decider on the quality of football on show today. Also more negative press for th club. Boyle must be feckin raging.

agreed. in some ways the pitch is as bad as it was last season at times.

Terrible terrible surface :huh:

Despite it being a hard winter and other surfaces not being great, ours is still the worst in the SPL. Look at St Midden's today on the telly, relative bowling green compared to ours and thats a newish surface that'd surely need the same time to "knit"?

What's the MFC official stance on the state of the surface?

Its a disgrace.Most lowere league pitches are better and with a club like Motherwell with a pitch like that is an embarassing.Even if we do dig it all up again how long will it be decent for.A waste of money in the summer but fair play to the board for trying.

I have to disagree with most on here and agree with Craig Brown. Yes our pitch is not great, however there are a lot of SPL pitches in exactly the same condition. I mean christ, the Man United pitch is not that much better and cuts up as well.

Not the same condition. Not being funny but were you at FP today or seen pics (not those on the official site) of the pitch? It is a disgrace and although other SPL teams are in a similar position ours is without question in the poorest of conditions.

Not the same condition. Not being funny but were you at FP today or seen pics (not those on the official site) of the pitch? It is a disgrace and although other SPL teams are in a similar position ours is without question in the poorest of conditions.

Fair enough. Only going on pictures for last wee while. Still think we are being singled out.

for the pitch to be in the same state as it was last season having spend a absolute fortune on it over the summer is simply no good enough.it feels like your being cheated having to pay 20 quid to watch a football game on it

but I respect your opinion :O

These guys manage to produce a decent quality, and they don't even wear boots :blush:

I have defended the pitch before but I have to agree with the posters who say the pitch is an absolute disgrace. The patches were like stepping stones from the east stand to the centre spot. We are the laughing stock of Scottish football and the silence on this issue from the club is also a bit worrying. More money that we can ill afford has been thrown away.